Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 10:11 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times

Advertisements

^^@saturno I agree with you in part. North Americans in particular have an idea that where we are is the middle, as a saying in German goes.

I however think China has been sitting back watching Russia isolating itself from the west, to see how things play out. I think China would back Russia to an extent, because China fully expects to situate itself as a big, if not the biggest world power.

And I think the Powers that Be all expect the west to be involved in another war in the near future. I've seen quite a few articles on that in the British press.

To sum up, I think they are both dangers to world stability, Russia maybe more in the immediate future because they are in the process of showing their hand and I agree that the west can't afford to let Putin win at this stage. However the west's naivete in encouraging talk in Ukraine of joining NATO or the EU is what caused this problem to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 10:31 PM

1,216 posts, read 488,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
There is not need for rooting, the west is doing a dandy job by itself.

That is exactly the point. Nobody is perfect so do not elevate yourself to judge vs. other system. The entire world does not share our values and not all nations can be liberal democracies, whatever that term mean nowadays.
There are societies that are perfectly fine and happy not being liberal democracies.

Do you even know how power structure works in China? Do you know that actually there is "democracy" in the Chinese system at local level and local leaders are selected to go up the ranks based on their results?
I bet you have no idea.

Something for you to steer you in the right direction of actually understanding the world....learn, learn, learn

"Eric X. Li: A tale of two political systems"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0YjL9rZyR0&t=645s

Would I like to live in China or under a Chinese like system? No. That does not means that our system is inherently superior....and please, before you say it, do not compare China to the Middle East monarchies.

The multi polar world is a reality, better start to like it, there is no going back.
THis is ridiculous. China didn't even respect "one country two systems rule" in Hong Kong. Millions of Chinese people have escaped from China, most come to the west.

People in China are not even allowed to watch that ted talk on youtube.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:43 PM

1,216 posts, read 488,905 times
What a lovely camp to send your kids too...

Old 03-23-2024, 12:46 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I agree that the west can't afford to let Putin win at this stage.
They have no choice, Russia is going to win and they have to take it.

Old 03-23-2024, 04:11 AM
pdw pdw started this thread

2,674 posts, read 3,090,748 times
Saturno if you send a link of your local PRC consul’s WeChat I’ll be happy to put in a reference for you

Old 03-23-2024, 04:18 AM

I guess iyou can call a prolonged stalemate and losing the major cities they tried to occupy like Kherson and Zaporizhia “winning” for Russia. I guess they finally got to hold Bakhmut after levelling the entire city to the point where it is barely worth keeping strategically anymore. Your fantasy of them taking Odessa is pure delusion. The Black Sea fleet is almost gone. The only thing keeping Putin going is his hope Republicans in the US will stop funding to Ukraine. I’ve heard pro Russia idiots claim Ukraine killing 2X as many Russians as Ukrainian fighters they are losing is proof Russia is winning the war because Ukraine really needs to kill 5X as many Russians. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

Old 03-23-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I guess iyou can call a prolonged stalemate and losing the major cities they tried to occupy like Kherson and Zaporizhia “winning” for Russia. I guess they finally got to hold Bakhmut after levelling the entire city to the point where it is barely worth keeping strategically anymore. Your fantasy of them taking Odessa is pure delusion. The Black Sea fleet is almost gone. The only thing keeping Putin going is his hope Republicans in the US will stop funding to Ukraine. I’ve heard pro Russia idiots claim Ukraine killing 2X as many Russians as Ukrainian fighters they are losing is proof Russia is winning the war because Ukraine really needs to kill 5X as many Russians. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

......who is the one that is listening to propaganda??
This is simply not worth discussing with you since you simply ignore every fact about this conflict, the military dynamics, everything.
I bet you believed that the Ukraine counteroffensive would break Russia back last year don't you??
Nice to live in your fantasy world.

We will revisit this later.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:10 AM

“Fear thee fear thee Ukrainians! The mighty Russian army has captured the jewel of the Donbass, Avdiivka! Surrender now, Ukraine, you’ve lost a prized city big as America’s most treasured metropolis, Sarasota, Florida. Odessa can not hold for much longer!”
Keep watching Russia Today, which is literally a Kremlin mouthpiece , for your unbiased news. I’ll stick with uncensored Western media thanks.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:06 AM

Sick and tired of this ridiculous argument from people that the West is being “pro war” for funding Ukraine. I hear it at work, from misinformed friends, constantly. It’s pure contrarianism because they don’t like Trudeau or Biden or whoever is the “idiot liberal”. Is it pro war if we get invaded by Russia and want to defend our country? Should we just lay down our weapons and surrender?

Try applying this logic to a sexual assault trial. It’s like saying the victim should just have slept with whoever made advances on them and that prosecution is a waste of taxpayer dollars. Sound ridiculous? That’s because it is.

Back to the topic, I think AJ is correct that they were the same person. Maybe photos that come up when you google his name are incorrect. The university doesn’t have a photo of him on their website.

Old 03-23-2024, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Sound ridiculous? That’s because it is.
Sounds ridiculous because the parallel is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada