Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times

Advertisements

So glad the doctor's appt went well. I am praying that the doctor is able to get that medicine for you at a decent price. Thinking of you and DH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Hi Cyn.
I'm happy the appointment went well.
I agree about feeling the others' presence even when they are far... That happened to me too, you were all sending good thoughts our way and I definitely felt them.
Have a nice day.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Oh my elston--the tears are streaming down my face. You have such a gentle, touching way of saying things--they hit my heart...thank you so very much.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Oh, cyn...good news at last! I would guess that every extra day would be wonderful. It sounds like you two are getting it together. Keep hanging in there....we're still with you and I'm glad you felt our presence yesterday. Hugs!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Hi cyn

That would be wonderful if you can get that medication for your DH. I'm glad the visit went well.

Yes you have many of us caring and thinking abut you. So glad you are feeling it.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Yes Lisa--that would be amazing for sure. Today has been long--a little weird because I just can't seem to find my "happy" today but it happens especially in these times....sigh......guess I need to learn to work with these kind of days. DH has been a bit cranky too so that always hurts me but that too happens.... So I am working on that and talking the the big guy above.....Night everyone--sweet dreams.....

Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Night Cyn. See you in the morning.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
A good morning to everyone!
Thank you for the advice StealthRabbit, and it is very good advice but each person has to find their way through this situation. ...

The Dr told him he didn't see much progression with the ALS and his weight is staying the same so that is good. ...I have to share with you all---off and on all day yesterday while riding across the countryside I had you all on my mind and could feel you holding me, hugging me and sharing your strength with me. It was truely amazing. I don't think distance has anything to do with truely caring and being able to be there for a person--Thank you!
Yup, BTDT with ALS too. Dear pastor had a 5+ yr session of that (I was on leadership team, so I was active in caring / transition / illness progression / and healing of church body). Never EZ. Today I have a great friend who is a personal care nurse specifically in ALS unit of a large local hospital. We share needs at home Bible Study and join in many tears / victories. There really is a special link between folks on both ends of ALS situations. It is one of the deepest digs in self searching for healing / strength.

Remember ALL hugs. Find strength and peace on the journey (each day brings enough strife).

During times of struggle for 30 + yrs I have kept the habit of reading the Psalm for the day + 30 (ie. 9, 39, 69, 99, and 129... for the 9th day of the month). And of course Oswald, he always brings me away from myself to see the bigger picture. My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

Each of us will find our own way, but as you well recognize, you are not on your own.

I often recommend that those who enjoy journaling and are well 'connected' use Connecting Friends & Family During a Health Event | CaringBridge.org One of my good friends who passed away 2 yrs ago journaled his battle / victories daily. WE ALL grew from that. He was able to post till his last day. It was a blessing and privilege to follow / join him (and others) on his journey (lasted ~ 2 yrs, VERY short in illness terms).

While I THOUGHT I had reached my lifelong cap of caregiving (after 32 yrs), my DS has recently been diagnosed with several SERIOUS chronic illnesses, and now no Insurance, so... will be another MANY yrs of caregiving in my future. Just another chapter in life, and certainly not the one I would choose.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning Cyn.....sending you cheerful thoughts this morning. I hope you had a good nights rest and that your saturday goes well.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:31 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Just a quick good morning...(over slept) with a smile

here is hoping you have a wonderful day.

Thanks for sharing Stealth. Life sure has it's twists and turns. We all get a chance at traveling that road during our lifetime.

stealth......Sorry about your son and the dilema.

Journaling is a great idea. I think it is good for everyone.

again have a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving