Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 11:37 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times

Advertisements

I have often referred to Electra as "My Shadow." The other cats also follow me, too.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 09:08 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I have often referred to Electra as "My Shadow."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hXtGkzZ9k

Old 09-25-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

I do sing "Me & My Shadow" to her along with other songs.

Cat

Old 10-02-2019, 02:43 PM

The cats had a little bit of an adventure today. We were FINALLY having our basement insulated with spray-on. Of course no one (including the cats) could be in the house because of the fumes. Hubby & I figured that we will pile the cats in our camper van and go for a ride. I was not looking forward to that because when the van is moving, they would have to be in their bins. Yesterday, I had my hair done and my hairdresser asked why not just leave the cats in the van in the back of the house and take car. I told Hubby that suggestion and he agreed that it sounded much better than our original plan.

So, this morning, I took out a box, food & water. Then it was time to get the cats. Hubby suggested getting Elvira first because she would be the hardest. Nope. She was pretty easy. Electra was also pretty easy. And naturally, there had to be one in every group. Josette didn't want to be caught. We closed off most of the house. I first found her in the bedroom and she ran downstairs into the living room. I then closed off the foyer so she was running from the living room, dining room, & kitchen (it is a circle between these 3 rooms). Hubby would herd her into the kitchen where I was blocking her way back into the living room. She leaped over me-TWICE. At one point we couldn't find her. She couldn't have gotten out. Then I found her huddled under one of the futons. She then somehow opened the door into the foyer and ran back upstairs. The only place she could go was our bedroom. I cornered her there and FINALLY! If I was smart, I would have trapped her in there first before chasing her all over the house.

So, this afternoon when we came back to the house and the fumes had pretty much dissipated (we left the windows open), It was time to bring the cats back in. Again, Electra & Elvira were easy. Josette...well, at first I couldn't find her. It is a small van-22 feet. There weren't too many places she could hide. Then I found her-in the well of the driver's side door. I tried to get her from inside the van but the well is deep and my arms are not that long. So, I had to go around and open the driver's side door and got her there.

So now we are all back home and I am not seeing any of them. I think they are all mad at me for putting them in the van. But, I think they will get over it.

Cat

Old 10-03-2019, 12:49 PM

Follow up to yesterday, post. I went into the bathroom and Josette was laying on one of the towels on the floor. She was looking at me. I asked her, "Have you forgiven me?" She got up, came over to me and brushed up against me and then went back to the towel. I would say that she has forgiven me.

Cat

Old 10-03-2019, 02:36 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Follow up to yesterday, post. I went into the bathroom and Josette was laying on one of the towels on the floor. She was looking at me. I asked her, "Have you forgiven me?" She got up, came over to me and brushed up against me and then went back to the towel. I would say that she has forgiven me.

Cat
That's good. As cat people well know, sometimes you have earn back those points you lose. Knowing how to use a can opener is one of the skills that come in handy for that.

Old 10-06-2019, 02:48 PM

Had a scare yesterday. We were going to my aunt & uncle's house for an overnight visit. I got up early yesterday morning so I would have time to read the Washington Post on my tablet (like I do every morning) and have my first cup of tea before we headed out. Usually, as I sit there, Electra will be on either the arm of my chair or in my lap. If she was on the arm of the chair, Elvira will get in my lap. Well, Elvira was in my lap but Electra wasn't on the arm. Where was she? When Hubby woke up, I started calling for her, looking all over the house. Hubby said, "She is right there," pointing to Elvira. I told him, "That is Elvira, not Electra." He realized his mistake because it is usually Elvira who is likes to disappear.

Somehow I KNEW she got out. The night before, we were supposed to have a frost so we thought to bring in our tomato plants that were on the porch. We had the door opened as we did that but I never really thought that Electra would venture out because it was very chilly out. But, she had. I walked around the house calling her. I looked under the car. I was crying because I knew if we took off without finding her, I would never see her again.

The car was loaded, Hubby locked the front door and I was frantic. I was not too sure if I should tell Hubby that we can't go until we find her because not only were my aunt & uncle waiting for us but so were my sister & brother-in-law. Then I looked down the road just a bit to see her climbing up on the sidewalk-getting out of the road-the same road that I had witnessed a cat get hit just a few weeks ago. I ran over to her calling her. At first I didn't think she heard me. Then she looked around and saw me and just laid down on the sidewalk until I got to her and scooped her up. I brought her inside holding her and crying with relief.

I don't know where she spent the night. Today, when we got home, she was sitting in my chair like she usually does and I said to her, "I am SOOOO glad to see you there-where you belong." I'm sure she was too because I'm sure she was a bit cold the night she spent outside.

Cat

Old 10-06-2019, 06:38 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Wow that was scary! Glad she's OK.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:21 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,512,449 times
OMG, I am sooooo glad you found her! What a scare for you. I love all three of your cats' names.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:35 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
I laugh every time I see the Allstate "Mayhem" commercial where "Mayhem" is supposed to be the new cat. Someone involved with that has to be a cat person. I rarely enjoy commercials and hope I'm not the only one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats