Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times

Advertisements

There are several ways to show support for Paula.

'We Support Paula Deen' Facebook Page Gains Strength - WSAV: News, Weather, and Sports for Savannah, GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 07:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I have been showing my support, and I will continue to do so.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:19 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
If Paula was smart, she'd forget about the Today Show. Lauer and the rest are only interested in humiliating her for ratings. Reports say she wants to apologize to Al Roker before the show starts. How stupid! What good is that going to do?

Anyone coming forth with (allegedly) more information is only in it for the publicity. It's disgusting what this country has become!
What allegedly started out as a extortion ploy now is in the court of sueville USA. That does tick me off! It is ignorant to make a public announcement to want to apologize to Al Roker but what about the other millions of black folks will she go around to each one? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Unfortunately all the you tube video's, interviews from her sons and from Paula herself are not going to get her back in the Food channel or get her endorsements back. The damage has been done.
All these videos and interviews from the Deen camp are just compounding this situation for her son, Jamey, to say "when I was 7 my parents bought me Hank Aaron pjs to show me the struggles he went through" is quite ignorant. They all need to zip it up, stay off YouTube, talk shows and let it calm down they are just keeping the fire going.

FN was the engine of her gravy train without them she is not going to have a vehicle to be 'in our face daily' to trigger us to buy her other products or companies she promotes. She will get through this but she is her own worse enemy right now along with her family.

I didn't see the Today interview with Matt this morning but the other hosts are talking now about how it didn't come off as genuine Al Roker is one of those host saying that. None of them heard her say "I'm sorry" and they saw her upset but saw no tears only sadness and talking about how hard this has been on her.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:41 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I am sure you have lived in all parts of the South and met all Southerners, so you are qualified to make such a generalization. I was born in the South and have never lived anywhere else, and I am not a bigot. My family are not bigots, and no one I associate with is a bigot. There are those of us who have gone to school with people from other races, played with them, lived our day to day lives together, and in general see all of us as just people. Maybe you have chosen the wrong people to associate with, and there are bigots all over the world. The South does not have a monopoly on bigotry. I hope that all those that are quick to judge Deen somehow get judged the same way, and all of your past mistakes come back to haunt you.
There are mistakes and there are mistakes. Americans are dying from the diet that she is making money from. Even after she found she was diabetic, a life threatening condition partly due to that diet, she continued to push that poisoned food. That, to me, is not just a mistake. It speaks to a horrible callousness to the well being of others, a decision to put personal profits above the very lives of others.

Her offering her black waitstaff to play the part of slaves in a wedding was just another instance of this mindset.

The woman is not just a nice girl who made a mistake. She is a grabby self serving money machine who is oblivious to the destruction in her wake.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
There are mistakes and there are mistakes. Americans are dying from the diet that she is making money from. Even after she found she was diabetic, a life threatening condition partly due to that diet, she continued to push that poisoned food. That, to me, is not just a mistake. It speaks to a horrible callousness to the well being of others, a decision to put personal profits above the very lives of others.

Her offering her black waitstaff to play the part of slaves in a wedding was just another instance of this mindset.

The woman is not just a nice girl who made a mistake. She is a grabby self serving money machine who is oblivious to the destruction in her wake.
People are dying due to all the pollution in the air....all the chemicals in our food and water supplies.
Do you have a deck? We all do, and all that poison from the pressure treated lumber, is washing into our ground water, everytime it rains, which is lethal...all the chemical accidents in the U.S. that you never hear a word about, all the drainage from factories, washing into our streams and killing fish...our water tables have arsnic in them....all the food you eat has chemicals and preservatives in them, the cattle, the pesticides on vegtables, and even the medications you take.

So, don't say American's are dying from her diet....not nearly! What an exhaugeration?????
I believe your priorities are way mixed up and your making it worse then what it is?
Oh, and how bout all the vaccines that we are forced to give our pets, which are killing them?
Polize?

and her diabetis, is none of your concern or business....in case you haven't notices, she did loose a lot of weight
I cannot believe how mean people get over diet....that is my business, and my choice....not yours....
and I don't care what the scientific results are from all of this on Obesity...I'm sick and tired of i-rate people who think they can tell us what we can and cannot eat.
Take all this hateful energy and please put it into something constructive....to get this upset over this whole stupid thing, well, don't you think there are other much more important issues going on in the world, then this? Your feeding into gossip, resulting in hate....? I mean seriously, before you take this personal, think about it...geeze louise? This is silly.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,108,762 times
I'm amazed by the Paula apologists on this thread. What she has said and done is not acceptable for a national media star. It is not "political correctness" to criticize (and fire) a high-profile TV personality behaving as if she's living in Albany, Georgia, in 1963. More of us are living in Albany, New York, in 2013. If my preference for 2013 racial attitudes (and sensitivity -- you do NOT conceive "plantation parties" with antebellum themes and black men dressed up as slave servants) is in any way PC, I'm guilty as charged. I grew up in the Deep South and love it, but Paula's neo-Confederate supporters here really go too far. A disgrace.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,872 times
[quote=goldengrain;30198184]There are mistakes and there are mistakes. Americans are dying from the diet that she is making money from. Even after she found she was diabetic, a life threatening condition partly due to that diet, she continued to push that poisoned food. That, to me, is not just a mistake. It speaks to a horrible callousness to the well being of others, a decision to put personal profits above the very lives of others.

The woman is not just a nice girl who made a mistake. She is a grabby self serving money machine who is oblivious to the destruction in her wake.[/QUOT

Aren't all restaurants and cooks in the business to make money? Do you go to fast food restaurants? Don't you think they know what their food does to people? Businesses are in the business of making money. I am sure that she wants to do the same. I don't fault her for it, and I know that she is not responsible for my food choices. If I choose to eat things that are bad for me, it is my choice. When did Paula Deen become anyone's doctor? Don't eat her food, but don't pretend that she is anyone's diet doctor.

Also, why are Americans so quick to blame others for everything. If I choose to stuff my face with biscuits lathered with butter and ham, it is my fault. We can't blame everyone for our choices. If we make ourselves sick from gluttony, we have no one to blame but ourselves. You might want to blame Deen or others like her, but they aren't forcing you to eat their food. It seems like people just want to bring Deen down in any way possible.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM

607 posts, read 1,393,273 times
This is getting ridiculous! The next time a black, Hispanic, Asian or any other minority says something offensive about whites, there better be heads rolling and as much outrage directed towards them as what's being directed towards her! Will there be? Hell no. But there should. Talk about a double standard.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:09 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
This is getting ridiculous! The next time a black, Hispanic, Asian or any other minority says something offensive about whites, there better be heads rolling and as much outrage directed towards them as what's being directed towards her! Will there be? Hell no. But there should. Talk about a double standard.
AMEN!

This is absolutely ridiculous how people take things way to the other end of the spectrum....
Geeze Louise, I remember when people used to crack Italian jokes, and we all laughed???????? And I'm Italian, along with my Jewish friends who also used to tell us Jewish jokes.....People have broom sticks stuck up their butts, with out an ability to laugh at themselves any longer, it is a sad, sad world. Boy oh boy, they say women can be vindictive, well, let me tell you, some are completely heartless...unthinking and cruel. Especially when we don't know the whole story....
When are people going to understand, the MEDIA LIES for sensationalism and to get the best stories first.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
You got that right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities