Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:37 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,998 times

Advertisements

Dylan or not, he still married his step-daughter. That's enough to make this guy a gigantic creep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Dylan or not, he still married his step-daughter. That's enough to make this guy a gigantic creep.
Soon-Yi was never in any sense Woody Allen's step-daughter.
Soon-Yi was the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and Andre Previn.

Woody Allen and Mia Farrow were never married, never shared a home, and by the testimony of Soon-Yi, Farrow, and Allen, Allen was never a father figure to Soon-Yi. The father figure in Soon-Yi's life - again according to testimony of Soon-Yi and Farrow - was Andre Previn.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
From Jim Jerome's profile of Woody Allen in the October 4, 1976 People Magazine issue:
"I try to have sex only with women I like a lot," Woody explains solemnly. "Otherwise I find it fairly mechanical." (He has little interest in family life: "It's no accomplishment to have or raise kids. Any fool can do it.")
He goes on: "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him." Allen pauses. "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone," he ventures helplessly. "I admit to it all."

(read the article for the rest of Woody Allen's creepy quotes and interactions with young girls)
Using that quote as an indication of anything is ridiculous. I remember (can't remember which it was speaking) a Ben Afflek/Matt Damon quote something about, the other is who they'd call if they woke up in Vegas with a dead hooker in their bed. That doesn't mean they have, or ever would, do that.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
I don't like the guy one bit, neither as an entertainer or individual. But, this article says a lot of things that question the latest accusations @ The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast - The Daily Beast
Very good article - even handed, and highly believable (IMO).

All of her feigned hand-wringing sure does seem a tad hypocritical (should her beliefs be true) of Mia, given the Roman Polanski friendship & support ... and then there's her brother.

And I love that after all the court business ... in her next busload of adoptions, she named one of them after the judge. Such a loving tribute for his supporting her delusions ... as I think they are.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
I believe Dylan because pedophiles & rapists with money & status can hurt as many people as they want without any repercussions.

And for all of the women who are supporting Woody Allen, would YOU find it acceptable if the man that you are dating decided to take nude pics and eff your teenage daughter instead?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
And for all of the women who are supporting Woody Allen, would YOU find it acceptable if the man that you are dating decided to take nude pics and eff your teenage daughter instead?
Soon-Yi was 18-20 years old, legally an adult, when the pictures were taken.

When it comes to conventionally acceptable behavior, Farrow lives in a glass house. She carried on a 2-year affair with Andre Previn while maintaining a friendship with his wife. She's also implied she had an ongoing affair with Sinatra while dating Allen, presumably that means she didn't consider herself in a monogamous relationship with Allen.

Something to think about:
Mia Farrow was 21 years old when she married 50-year-old Sinatra. Scant difference between that and 21-year-old Soon Yi marrying 56-year-old Allen. I wouldn't be shocked to discover Sinatra took nude pics of Mia before marrying her. Would that mean he was a pedophile or had what some would term an unhealthy interest in young women?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I believe Dylan because pedophiles & rapists with money & status can hurt as many people as they want without any repercussions.

You mean my adult 19-21 year old daughter? No, it'd hurt like hell.

But my reaction wouldn't be to make up a story about how he'd molested my seven-year-old child, not report supposed molestation to the police myself, send him a valentine with pins stuck through my children, and subsequently spend the next twenty-years indoctrinating my children to hate said father. That, in my opinion is child abuse.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:55 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Soon-Yi was never in any sense Woody Allen's step-daughter.
Soon-Yi was the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and Andre Previn.

Woody Allen and Mia Farrow were never married, never shared a home, and by the testimony of Soon-Yi, Farrow, and Allen, Allen was never a father figure to Soon-Yi. The father figure in Soon-Yi's life - again according to testimony of Soon-Yi and Farrow - was Andre Previn.
Still creepy. Accept it.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:52 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,619,209 times
Quote:
Still creepy. Accept it.
You know if we want to be under the law Mr. Allen is presumed innocent. But really from the public discourse already I'd say it looks like he's done. True? Who to believe? I don't know. I know I don't like his movies but he's in a tough place. The subjet matter yes is 'creepy'....but suppose he didn't do anything????

Old 02-11-2014, 03:57 PM

710 posts, read 1,961,790 times
Here it is, page 7, and what have we learned?

Not that much.

I still believe Dylan Farrow. If I didn't believe her, my sense of decency would compel me to keep my mouth shut, on the internet and elsewhere. Does that make me more decent than some of the yutzes who have grasped every hollow, rotten, sinking log to defend their 78-year-old victim? Actually, it probably does, for this one small thing. Deal.

I've noticed the goalposts seem to change as each pallid, flimsy defense of Woody Allen gets shredded. First, it's Mia Farrow's fault. Oh, and the supremacy of the fence sitters with "I believe DYLAN believes it..." Then it's "false memory syndrome" and the McMartin trial, apropos of basically nothing, gets trotted out. Then we get anecdotal stories of the falsely accused, which have not even the slightest bearing given the rather thoroughly documented nature of this particular case.

The case that has been made that Dylan Farrow is telling the truth is much stronger than the disgusting, misogynistic smear campaign against Mia Farrow that was all Woody Allen could really come up with. Again. I'm glad, for his sake, that he is apparently going to shut up now, and more importantly, that his ineffective PR machine is going to shut up as well. What worked in 1992 doesn't work so well when the victim is an adult and is getting stronger every time she pops back up and says "Oh, HELL no." That has been a beautiful thing to watch, and as a mother of young adult daughters, I don't even feel that weird saying that I am proud of this young woman whom I have never, and will never, meet. Good going, Dylan Farrow. You've done a lot of good for other victims by the example of your conduct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities