Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 04:18 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,259 times

Advertisements

When Woody Allen took up with Soon-Yi Previn, I lost all respect for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 12:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Its tolerant of their behavior if they make money for the investors.

Then again there are many 'rumors' about the pervyness of Hollyweird. Ask the remaining Corey...
The reason that many of these celebs/actors/Hollywood insiders have no problem with Woody Allen, Roman Polanski and the rest is because many of them have done the same (or worse). These are not isolated incidents. Pedophiles and sexually deviant behavior is rampant in the entertainment industry. Many of these people prey on both young girls and young boys.

Molestations are not uncommon amongst child actors by men in the industry. Off the top of my head the following people have spoken out (or have been publicly acknowledged) about being molested by an adult(s) in the entertainment industry:

Corey Feldman
Cory Haim
Todd Bridges
Julianne Hough
Mackenzie Phillips
Aaliyah
Paul Peterson

These predators doing the molesting are casting agents, directors, producers, publicists, managers, writers, recording artists, actors, crew on the set, entertainment industry exes and on and on and on....

Corey Feldman Says Pedophilia No. 1 Problem for Child Actors, Contributed to Demise of Corey Haim - ABC News

Recent Charges of Sexual Abuse of Children in Hollywood Just Tip of Iceberg, Experts Say | Fox News

Child sexual abuse cases in Hollywood attract attention - Los Angeles Times

‘I RAN THE GAUNTLET OF PEDOPHILES IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY’, SAYS FORMER CHILD ACTOR

British PR Agent Latest Entertainment Figure Arrested For Child Sex Abuse

(Director Victor Salva was hired to direct the film "Powder" by Disney after being convicted of sex with a child actor on one of his film sets)
Victor Salva, Child Molester, and Disney - Media Reports Index: The Zero 5.0laf - The Official Website of Andrew Vachss
Victor Salva Loves Terrorizing Semi-Naked Youths | VICE United States

Old 02-04-2014, 01:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Woody Allen and Young Girls: A History -- Daily Intelligencer

Joe Coscarelli at The Daily Intelligencer undertook the unenviable task of rounding up a history of allegations against the actor as well as his inappropriate behavior with—and references to—young women. Here is a sampling of what he found.

From Jim Jerome's profile of Woody Allen in the October 4, 1976 People Magazine issue:
"I try to have sex only with women I like a lot," Woody explains solemnly. "Otherwise I find it fairly mechanical." (He has little interest in family life: "It's no accomplishment to have or raise kids. Any fool can do it.")
He goes on: "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him." Allen pauses. "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone," he ventures helplessly. "I admit to it all."

(read the article for the rest of Woody Allen's creepy quotes and interactions with young girls)

Old 02-04-2014, 01:52 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,916 times
Has anyone here read Mia Farrow's book from the '90's? It's quite interesting and this is mentioned in there, along with the whole Soon-Yi scandal and how that all went down. It's quite horrifying.

I don't know what to think, but I feel really bad for Dylan, and all the kids.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:08 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
We watched "Mighty Aphrodite" last night; I'm a big Mira Sorvino fan, and my wife had never seen it at all, and we needed something lightweight that only took an hour and a half because it was late and we were tired. I had a hard time watching it. I always thought the guy was too creepy for words, but now, it's hard to even look at him. I can't look past him and see the film anymore. It isn't just creepy anymore, he's gone way beyond that and crossed over into disgusting. Not sure if I can ever watch him again... thankfully, I never found him that funny to begin with anyway.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,998 times
Honestly, why is there even a discussion?

Why does it come back to: A) Woody makes great movies vs. B) Woody dates his own daughter-in-law

It seems there is an obvious choice of what is more important to judge a person: Woody Allen is a sick degenerate that needs to be recognized as such. A good movie is great, but I wouldn't sacrifice the innocence of a human being for a good movie.

I believe Dylan because it's in line with his idiotic sick way of thinking by going after Soon-yi.

It's just a movie people. We're talking about human life here.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Everybody hates on Woody. It never *once* says what he allegedly did to her. It could all be made up for publicity. Some people will do anything to get their name in the media.

20yrsinBRanson

Old 02-05-2014, 12:03 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Everybody hates on Woody. It never *once* says what he allegedly did to her. It could all be made up for publicity. Some people will do anything to get their name in the media.

20yrsinBRanson
I thought the article that was written by Dylan says what he did to her. I can understand her not wanting to use very specific language because that's extremely personal for her to air to the world. However, with parents like Mia Farrow and Woody Allen...and where they live...and the lifestyle she grew up in...I'd think she wouldn't do THIS to get her name in the media. She has about a hundred other things she could've done if she just wanted attention.

I clearly don't know what happened to her as I don't know her personally, but even so, why would you assume she made it up for publicity? That's not what I'd want to be known for...especially if my resources were the same as hers. Just sayin'...not all people want that ish storm in their lives...maybe she did this to try to heal. You don't know any more than I do...

Old 02-05-2014, 12:19 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Dylan Farrow was very brave to write about her sexual abuse. I had doubts when the initial allegations surfaced years ago, but when he married his step-daughter I washed my hands of him and his work. There's clearly something amiss with that man and I will not support him. If her letter helps just one person she's to be commended. It's hard to go against the rich and powerful of our society.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:57 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
"I try to have sex only with women I like a lot," Woody explains solemnly. "Otherwise I find it fairly mechanical." (He has little interest in family life: "It's no accomplishment to have or raise kids. Any fool can do it.")
He goes on: "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him." Allen pauses. "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone," he ventures helplessly. "I admit to it all."

That's disgusting. He really is a huge creep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities