Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 11:54 PM

23,911 posts, read 33,717,745 times

Advertisements

Strange that they never said what cancer he had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
That’s just plain crazy. How could someone make an error like that? Anyways glad he’s still with us. Keep fighting Tony.

I personally wonder if it was NOT an error, maybe they didn't notify all family so retracted?

I was with my dad all weekend with hospice, I could hear him loudly breathe until he stopped. No question when he died.

If we hear in the morning he died, it could be that the original report was true. If he just got in hospice, he still could have a few days to weeks depending on what type of cancer and what organs.

Hopefully he is not in pain, goes peacefully like my dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 08:32 AM

17,697 posts, read 15,422,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

That's because HE hasn't said what cancer he has.

At his age.. Prostate cancer that's spread or could be a lymphoma or pancreatic cancer or even brain cancer. Lots of options, unfortunately.

Pancreatic is actually a decent bet considering the speed here. He announced his diagnosis in May and here we are two months later. That.. Gives strong vibes of pancreatic cancer.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:37 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...are-last-hours

So, his son is blaming his wife for the false report.

You ever get the feeling this is not going to be a happy family dynamic once he's gone?

Old 07-27-2022, 10:19 AM

9,545 posts, read 16,580,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's because HE hasn't said what cancer he has.

At his age.. Prostate cancer that's spread or could be a lymphoma or pancreatic cancer or even brain cancer. Lots of options, unfortunately.

Pancreatic is actually a decent bet considering the speed here. He announced his diagnosis in May and here we are two months later. That.. Gives strong vibes of pancreatic cancer.
Yes could very well be the types of Cancer you mentioned. My father was Tony Dows age when he died In 2003. He had Prostate Cancer that was diagnosed some months earlier. We were told it was slow growing and not treatable at his age. He then became ill with flu symptoms and we took him to the ER. We were told he now had Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer that Chemo would not help. He was in a coma 2 days later and died 5 days later in Hospice care at his home.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Dow has a similar situation going on. Seems like his Cancer was announced just recently. I think it was in May of this year.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:20 AM

9,545 posts, read 16,580,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...are-last-hours

So, his son is blaming his wife for the false report.

You ever get the feeling this is not going to be a happy family dynamic once he's gone?
Is the wife the Sons mother or is he from Tony's first wife?

Old 07-27-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Is the wife the Sons mother or is he from Tony's first wife?

Smells like first wife, but.. I don't know for certain.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:37 PM

5,721 posts, read 3,224,645 times
From Tony Dow's facebook page...

"George Pennacchio
sdpStronoe11f13uulcli1c
h
aa5
i650a9
7f207u7if2i3m9i23f0um991l
·
UPDATE: Tony Dow is still alive. I had a conversation with his wife, Lauren. She is understandably distraught and grief-stricken about what's been going on with Tony's health battle these past months. He's been in hospice care at their home, and based on some health issues overnight, Lauren inferred that Tony had passed away to some people close to her and the word quickly spread. Lauren admits she's been "a little fuzzy" these days--understandable.
She told me she now feels "foolish" about what has transpired since his death has been reported around the world. She also told me, through her pain, "it is of my own doing." I told her we know it's been a very stressful time and people understand overwhelming grief. Lauren says she "loves and adores" her husband of 42 years with all of her heart.
While she did say he passed, she now understands the miscommunication and is sorry for causing a commotion in this challenging time."

Tony has been married to his second wife, Lauren for 42 years.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:39 PM

5,721 posts, read 3,224,645 times
Tony has one son, Christopher Dow. And yes, Christopher is from the 1st wife, Carol.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:42 PM

23,478 posts, read 19,172,285 times
Quote:
Not strange at all. It's called privacy. Some people prefer it. Just because you're a known personage doesn't require you to expose every detail about your personal life, especially during a really stressful time. Lots of celebrities never give a cause of illness or subsequent demise.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-27-2022 at 12:58 PM..

Old 07-27-2022, 02:06 PM

10,040 posts, read 9,541,989 times
Quote:

I personally wonder if it was NOT an error, maybe they didn't notify all family so retracted?

I was with my dad all weekend with hospice, I could hear him loudly breathe until he stopped. No question when he died.

If we hear in the morning he died, it could be that the original report was true. If he just got in hospice, he still could have a few days to weeks depending on what type of cancer and what organs.

Hopefully he is not in pain, goes peacefully like my dad.
According to TMZ:

Quote:
TMZ broke the story, Tony was diagnosed with liver cancer in May. An update on his cancer battle last week said it was, "... a rollercoaster of ups and downs as Tony continues his fight with cancer. Tony has been in and out of the hospital with various complications and treatments."
https://www.tmz.com/2022/07/27/tony-...e-report-pass/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities