Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 12:24 PM

5,658 posts, read 3,167,235 times

Advertisements

Again...each one of his daughters received 1 MILLION DOLLARS.

They were not left with nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 04:10 PM

4,869 posts, read 4,814,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I wil however leave my house to my four children to be shared equally.
Very bad idea unless you leave testamentary instruction on how to deal with the children who don't want any part of the house, children who want the house and are not able to buy out those who don't, and the other combinations of potential events.

Old 09-22-2022, 05:44 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,339,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Expected more from a long-term drug addict and alcoholic who could barely take care of himself? God bless his long-suffering wife June Carter who had to treat Johnny like a problem 5 year old for decades.
June died four months before Johnny, and they said that he was heart-broken when she passed away.
Bereavement is a complex emotion. So delicate and sensitive.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:22 AM

709 posts, read 579,145 times
June Carter Cash died before Johnny Cash. After Johnny died, perhaps June's fortune went to their son.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:34 AM

135 posts, read 69,015 times
Quote:
Ive been reading about the singing star who it seems left a large fortune, but only to his only son forgetting all his daughters... If this is true what makes some people so unfair to their children, Other big stars have did much the same... James Mason.. Tony Curtis and many others.. but I expected more of Johnny Cash..
Why?

He was an interesting artist. He had, in my opinion, an amazing voice, and a dominating performing presence.

But none of that says anything about who he might've been as a person. He was a performer. Part of that performance was immediate, but part of it was also a crafted image. Most artists, especially those in music and on the screen, craft personas as part of their mystique, which devolves ultimately into a marketing strategy.

And there's no reason to have parental expectations from someone just because you liked the sway he sang Ring of Fire or his appearance on Little House on the Prairie.

He was just a man.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:56 PM

23,338 posts, read 18,916,990 times
Quote:
Could you?
Moot point. I don't have children, but if I did, the relationship between those children and myself would obviously play in to what if anything I chose to bequeath to them. It would still be MY property and MY choice. What some total stranger happens to think about it means precisely nothing.

Old 09-24-2022, 05:41 AM

18,532 posts, read 18,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Moot point. I don't have children, but if I did, the relationship between those children and myself would obviously play in to what if anything I chose to bequeath to them. It would still be MY property and MY choice. What some total stranger happens to think about it means precisely nothing.
I wouldnt rest in my grave it I brought children into this world and left them nothing...

Old 09-24-2022, 06:15 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
Quote:
I wouldnt rest in my grave it I brought children into this world and left them nothing...
What if you had reason to believe that the money left for them would be used to support a drug habit? Or would go directly into the pockets of a controlling spouse? What if those children had been physically or emotionally abusive to you prior to your passing? Stolen from you? There are many reasons that people choose not to leave anything to their children.

But again, as someone pointed out, it's a moot point since he left each daughter $1M.

Old 09-24-2022, 06:49 AM

18,532 posts, read 18,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What if you had reason to believe that the money left for them would be used to support a drug habit? Or would go directly into the pockets of a controlling spouse? What if those children had been physically or emotionally abusive to you prior to your passing? Stolen from you? There are many reasons that people choose not to leave anything to their children.

But again, as someone pointed out, it's a moot point since he left each daughter $1M.
I had read it all got left to his only son and no mention of the daughters.... was that all his daughters both Junes and his own from his first marriage.. seems they had to fight overFollowing the death of Johnny Cash, his will sparked a debate between his daughters and his son since he decided to leave his fortune solely to John, which was estimated to be between $60 million to $100 million. his fortune....shame on the man if true...

Old 09-24-2022, 09:21 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
Quote:
I had read it all got left to his only son and no mention of the daughters.... was that all his daughters both Junes and his own from his first marriage.. seems they had to fight overFollowing the death of Johnny Cash, his will sparked a debate between his daughters and his son since he decided to leave his fortune solely to John, which was estimated to be between $60 million to $100 million. his fortune....shame on the man if true...
They were given $1M each.
https://www.grunge.com/933219/heres-...after-he-died/

You don't know what happened in their family to cause him to make that decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities