Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 09:28 AM

50,942 posts, read 24,450,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Why would who make what assumption?

My comment was merely pointing out that people's opinion of others could be askew/biased based on their preconception of that person.
Think about a singer or an actor you love and that person showed up to your wedding or whatever, uninvited and unannounced, would you be mad and tell that person to buzz off?
Very very very very unlikely, me thinks.

So, flip the medallion, you are already not fond of a person and they do anything bad or even odd, you are likely to react and think more harshly that is really called for, wouldn't you?
I wouldn't make the assumption that I was welcome if uninvited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 12:35 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,482,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I wouldn't make the assumption that I was welcome if uninvited.
Absolutely, neither would I but you and I (at least You) are normal, average people.

Movie stars are (most of them) are living in a different reality. As mentioned, we think they are entitled, and entitled they might be but to them it is the exact opposite.
They might be thinking that they they are doing something nice or even memorable, and to the right group of people, it certainly could be. To others, not so much but at the end of the day, what harm would it really do? Even if you thought it was an unpleasant surprise, some in your group might actually enjoyed it.
Your otherwise boring party or wedding might actually end up being memorable, indeed.

Life is too short to scorn over stuff like this. I personally would welcome most anyone, as long as they come in peace and are fun company.

I have a feeling I might be in the minority but that is how I feel about it.

Old 11-14-2022, 05:51 AM

19,741 posts, read 20,300,567 times
Bill Murray is welcome to crash my party anytime, lol.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:30 AM

5,603 posts, read 6,529,837 times
I watched some of the clip of him and Geena Davis on the Tonight Show. I am "old school" and normally would not have thought anything of it as that is how it was, but now I found it to be creepy and unpleasant to watch, so I didn't watch the whole clip. After seeing that I doubt he is "innocent" in his dealings with other women, then and now.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:38 AM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
Me too. Him and Chevy Chase.
And they can't stand each other.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:30 AM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I watched some of the clip of him and Geena Davis on the Tonight Show. I am "old school" and normally would not have thought anything of it as that is how it was, but now I found it to be creepy and unpleasant to watch, so I didn't watch the whole clip. After seeing that I doubt he is "innocent" in his dealings with other women, then and now.

I watched it too but feel she is the one who started the flirty stuff with him when they sat down. She pulled him closer to her. She totally played into the whole sexually flirty routine in the 5 minutes that I watched.

Old 11-18-2022, 10:31 AM

746 posts, read 418,437 times
I think it's funny that people are saying if they like him or not. I don't think that has any relevance to the issue.

It's obvious to me this is how some superstars operate. If true, then Bill better get his checkbook out for more payouts.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:09 PM

18,543 posts, read 18,797,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
But, the person who gave the unwanted kiss or touch wasn't wealthy. So, you move on.
exactly

Old 11-22-2022, 02:23 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,593,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Why would who make what assumption?

My comment was merely pointing out that people's opinion of others could be askew/biased based on their preconception of that person.
Think about a singer or an actor you love and that person showed up to your wedding or whatever, uninvited and unannounced, would you be mad and tell that person to buzz off?
Very very very very unlikely, me thinks.

So, flip the medallion, you are already not fond of a person and they do anything bad or even odd, you are likely to react and think more harshly that is really called for, wouldn't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg

Old 11-23-2022, 09:04 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,482,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I don't like that band so if they crashed my party/wedding party, I'd totally sue them.

After all, isn't that the recipe for a successful lawsuit in CA? Find a rich/famous person, either fabricate a sexual harassment or discrimination or some other suitable case to "blackmail" them into a settlement so that "justice" gets served in the form of a whole bunch of hundred dollar bills.

If there was a Justice System, this type of lawsuits wouldn't be so darn common but what we got in this awesome, money-controlled country is just a "legal system" that sadly but not surprisingly evolves around and operates by $$ (as everything else).

Then again, I don't know BM from Adam so maybe he was guilty?
If he was, he got enough money though so he can make his sins go away.... (recall OJ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities