Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times

Advertisements

[mod]copyright IMG]http://bp1.blogger.com/_I2j2VVNXosc/SBkSki6sf4I/AAAAAAAAAsM/jbGgMZv2dWk/s320/jennifer-aniston-pretty.jpg[/IMG][/url]TheBosh.com has a recent post on Jennifer Aniston’s possible plastic surgery. According to a plastic surgeon, in addition to a rhinoplasty, he believes:
“It looks like she may have had some filler in her upper lip. It’s subtle, but it benefits her face,” he says. “Her brows look elevated, which means she may have had some Botox in her forehead.”
I can see how this photo could resemble a person with Botox and subtle lip filler like Restylane. She, obviously, has denied anything but a functional septoplasty. Whatever she’s had, she looks great.
Photo credit: TheBosh.com
Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.

The whole sweet girl next door image is a bunch of bull. Jennifer Aniston has aggressively pursued fame. I think she has an image of being somewhat entitled and self absorbed actually.

Last edited by christina0001; 09-09-2008 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: copyright protected image removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 PM

Moderator cut: copyright protected image removed Jennifer Aniston popped by Oprah this week to deny a slew of rumors, namely that she recently got Moderator cut: copyright protected image removed breast implants (http://www.realself.com/node/186 - broken link) and/or split from boyfriend Vince Vaughn. (By the way, denying the breakup was the first time she actually confirmed the relationship even existed. But who's counting?)
As for the breast implants, Jen told Oprah, "No boob job! You know what it's called? It's called 10 pounds...maybe a couple cheese plates

Jennifer Aniston: breast implants and nose jobs? - Beauty Cred

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Reading some of the stuff here makes me believe more and more how shallow and mean people are. Maybe J.A don't feel like spending her millions on plastic surgery to please people like you? Maybe what you see is what you get. Te reason many women like myself like her because she is not PERFECT like other stars. She is average looking. Whats wrong with that?
And as far as acting goes I happen to think she is pretty good. I am not comparing her the Hollywood elite but she is on the same level as many other actresses.

Last edited by christina0001; 09-09-2008 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: copyright protected image removed

Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
No need to post pics or articles. Those who like Jennifer do, regardless of what is posted. Those who dislike her do for their own reasons already.Posting such things will probably not change any minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Jennifer Aniston popped by Oprah this week to deny a slew of rumors, namely that she recently got breast implants (http://www.realself.com/node/186 - broken link) and/or split from boyfriend Vince Vaughn. (By the way, denying the breakup was the first time she actually confirmed the relationship even existed. But who's counting?)
As for the breast implants, Jen told Oprah, "No boob job! You know what it's called? It's called 10 pounds...maybe a couple cheese plates

Jennifer Aniston: breast implants and nose jobs? - Beauty Cred

Old 09-08-2008, 05:03 PM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Uh, before we do I want to agree with Dreamweavin.

If she did have elective plastic surgery it would be to appease mainstream addicts like those who frequent this subforum!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM

213 posts, read 520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
that is just one person's opinion and we all know what opinions are like. Her acting is as good as the fluff most h-wood actresses turn out nowadays. People should get off her back. At least she minds her own business, keeps her mouth shut about her personal life and isn't out buying up kids to get public attention.
????
Nothing wrong with being a good TV actress. Hasn't hurt Julia Louis Dreyfuss. Wasn't bad for Helen Hunt. Rachel Griffeths is knocking it out of the part on Brothers and Sisters, and the same show has worked wonders for Sally Field. Not to mention Sandra Oh's career boost from Grays Anatomy, or Felicity Huffman on Desperate Housewives.
Jennifer Aniston was a VERY successful TV comedienne. She was lucky to find her niche, most actresses never do. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Lots of good movie actresses too - Cate Blanchette, Hilary Swank, Helen Mirrin, Tilda Swinton, Nicole Kidman (pre-Botox), Charlize Theron. The list is long, and frankly, Jennifer Aniston just isn't in their league. She doesn't have the star power of a Julia Roberts or Keira Knightly either that just jumps out of the screen at you.

All of the above actresses lead pretty quiet, private lives.

Sorry. JA is an actress. Judging her acting ability is perfectly reasonable.
It's not all about comparing her with Jolie.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:04 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Thumbs up so true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Everytime I see a picture of Jennfier Anniston, I can't for the life of me understand how in the world she became a star. She is not attractive in the least. Nothing special about her. I don't think she's a very good actress either. Her face reminds me of the scarecrow from the "Wizard of Oz."

Anybody have any insight why this very, very plain, forgettable woman is worthy of tabloid news? I bet even she wakes up in the morning, looks at herself in the mirror, and wonders, "why me"?
I so agree. I dont hate on her, just cannot understand how , after 10 years of a cancelled series, some people still think she is great. I posted here about this before, guys like her body but -lol- admit she is not all that-

It must be nice to have a Malibu beachside house, no talent and good PR agents working for you 24/7.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman and a few others (even Katie Holmes, though I dont really like her) have demonstrated acting versatility. Aniston plays the same character over and over, and whines about a years old divorce. Divorce is common these days, and most women dont get plastered on "People" for five years because of it.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 PM

Default she's shallow and boring

Actually Friends went off the air in February of 2004, only 4 years ago, not 10. A year later her separation from Brad was announced. In the spring of 2005 Brad was photographed on the beach in Africa with Angelina. A year later they had Shiloh, etc. This whole media circus has only been going on about 3 years and it has sadly had a very negative impact on Aniston's image. She married the wrong guy. The fact that her movies have not done as well as Friends has only added to her problems. She constantly works on her "career" and obviously has no other interests (other than exercising, self tanning and having plastic surgery, etc). Does Jennifer strike you as the type who would promote a new age religion or adopt a foreign child? What else can she do except act? I am not saying she she should do any of these things but gosh, she's been a celebrity for about 14 years now, and what else has she ever done? It is obvious that acting and the Hollywood scene is all she really wants to do, and that is fine, except that I could not care less about her work, who she dates, etc. Even Pamela Anderson Lee does more.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
actually I have never read one comment Jennifer has EVER made about her divorce. Even her friends have been quoted as sayig she is the most positive,generous and kind person they know and has never mentioned the divorce. It's pretty telling when your ex mother in law stays in constant contact with you.
I, on the other hand am not so nice and would be telling the world what a home wrecking ho A.J. is and what a piece of crap Brad is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman and a few others (even Katie Holmes, though I dont really like her) have demonstrated acting versatility. Aniston plays the same character over and over, and whines about a years old divorce. Divorce is common these days, and most women dont get plastered on "People" for five years because of it.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:37 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinshow View Post
She's OK. Calling her a pig is a bit mean spirited, she has nice eyes and a good figure. Not a particularly talented actress though. I do think that marriage to Brad Pitt catapulted her from B celebrity to the A list. Nobody cared about her much when she was dating that Tate Donovan dude.
From what I remember at the time, Jen was on friends and the hair thing was going on, so she was a "star" due to that. Brad Pitt, I don't remember him being that big back then, I mean, everyone knew who he was but he was mostly known for his looks too at the time.

Had they not paired up & married, would either be as big as they are now? Maybe not.

I "knew" Jen from her dad. I used to watch Days of our lives, he was pretty popular himself and a nice looking man. I don't doubt people that watched Days at the time helped to make her popular.

Jen is a cute girl that knows how to work the red carpet. As was mentioned, she's the girl next door that made it big. She's likable for that alone.

There are other stars that I have no clue why they're so huge.. take Julia Roberts, aka "Pretty Woman". I never understood that but for some reason she's considered pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities