Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 04:54 PM

169 posts, read 562,045 times

Advertisements

I just read that Kate is now under fire saying she is cheating on Jon. Whether they are guilty of these infractions or not is of course non of our business, but I read Kate saying how mad she is for the insult and for the invasion of their and their friends privacy. I feel no sympathy for this because they chose to put their family out there knowing the paparazzi would be around and exploiting their children by puting them out there for all to see. I am sure they have made a pretty penny with this show. So to Jon and Kate.... too @#$@# bad. You should have had some decency to start with! And, who would blame Jon for wanting a break from Kate! Nag nag nag. Hope it was worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 05:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I have a little sympathy. I really believe that, when they started the show, they had no idea how big it would become, or how it would change their lives. I can't blame them for liking the money or the perks, or the fact that they get to "have stay at home careers" as Kate says. I don't think there is any excuse for cheating, but Kate is a real b**** to Jon. I almost wouldn't blame him. If he really did cheat, it was awfully stupid, knowing the cameras are out there. THAT, I have no sympathy for. I do hope they know when to quit. Now that they know what the show has done for them and to them, I hope they do what is really best for the family, even if that means quitting the show and going back to nursing and IT. The 6 will be in school soon, and that is sort of a normal progression anyway.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:09 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
'mad about the invasion of their privacy'

Now really, Kate.

That's it, time for Dr. Phil to make a house call. I really don't think counseling would work for them and don't care.

The only thing I have really learned from all this is that if you are fortunate enough to be able to have one child at a time --you are very fortunate.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:17 PM

169 posts, read 562,045 times
That is so true TakeAhike! They need to quit the show and Kate needs to do some serious butt kissing to Jon!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
She should have known the fate of privacy once you promote your lifestyle. Kind of the good with the bad.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM

I read an article today that gave a bit of background on Kate.

True or not true I cannot say but here's the scoop.

--She grew up in a trailer park and her first plane trip was on her honeymoon to Disneyworld

--Jon wanted to stop with the twins

--While pregnant with the sextuplets she became obsessed with the freebies that another family with multiples received

--She wasn't satisfied with the donated cribs and nursery items that her father, a minister, encouraged his church to give her so that is why they aren't involved in the show

There was a picture of Kate and the bodyguard in some airport. She had on big sunglasses, a short skirt and the hair looked better than it has on some occasions. If I had spent 4/5 years changing diapers and monitoring potty training I would be frantic to do something more with myself, too. Of course she could have done more for herself if she had stopped with the twins and been content to be married to an IT analyst and continue her career as a nurse. I can only conclude that would never have been enough for her.

What is next? After the divorce, I mean. It's difficult for me to believe that groups of people pay to hear her talk or buy the books that she writes but I guess they do. There must be thousands of ways to continue to market the family and she must have a large network for social contacts at this point.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
where did you read that? I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious and may look up the article myself.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM

Jon and Kate Plus 8 scandal primer: The truth will set you free

I think this is the right link.

Here's another one that is not working now due to 'Celebrity Overload'>>
http://www.usmagazine.com/news/kate-...rstyle-2009145

Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM

[quote=rkb0305;8779443]I have a little sympathy. I really believe that, when they started the show, they had no idea how big it would become, or how it would change their lives. I can't blame them for liking the money or the perks, or the fact that they get to "have stay at home careers" as Kate says. I don't think there is any excuse for cheating, but Kate is a real b**** to Jon. I almost wouldn't blame him. If he really did cheat, it was awfully stupid, knowing the cameras are out there. THAT, I have no sympathy for. I do hope they know when to quit. Now that they know what the show has done for them and to them, I hope they do what is really best for the family, even if that means quitting the show and going back to nursing and IT. The 6 will be in school soon, and that is sort of a normal progression anyway.[/QUOTE]

There is no 'going back'. Kate said she enjoyed being in front of the cameras and would like to be a talk show host. She reportedly appeared on Rachel Ray and they can probably find something for her to do in the evergrowing Ray empire -which was mentored by Oprah, IIRC.

I have nothing against change and growth. I'm certain she has had enough of dealing with bodily functions and supervising kids. It is not difficult for me to imagine Kate running a business and continuing to speak to anyone interested in her advice.

I guess she grew up in a small town and has been there and done that and has different goals at this point. I don't care if she has an affair or if Jon has an affair or what they do with their lives.

It was fun to see the kids and that's why I watched.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:16 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I have a lot of sympathy for the family, especially for the kids and Jon...but a little for Kate, too.
Kate is strong. By being strong she was able to cope better than most with the challenges of having all those children. By being strong she was able to set her sights on Jon and reel him in before he knew what hit him. But she has emasculated Jon to the point that now he's rebelling. It's become a parent child relationship.
It must be totally exhausting to maintain control over everything all the time. This is why I feel sorry for Kate. If she could let go of the inconsequential things she keeps a tight grip on, she would be happier and maybe she and Jon could find their way back to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities