Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 11:00 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
^^^^ I agree. I didn't agree with his choices in life, but for crying out loud, the man is dead.

Getting back to the memorial, they released footage last night of Michael's three sisters speaking to the auidence after the memorial service. I could barely tell it was LaToya under the huge hat and sunglasses. I hope she made things right between herself and her brother before he died. You just never know when you will last see your loved ones.
Wow.Hey Linsey!! ?Why so mean about it? I was not a big fan either but have some dignity please....for his kids' ..Little harsh.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Sorry, I hate replying to a post I haven't read. I signed to follow when it was 1st made, now there's almost 300 posts..

I don't know if someone posted the donation web site for the memorial - if anyone wants to donate, go HERE

From what I read on TMZ it says The city of Los Angeles has only received $17,000 of the $1.4 million it cost to put on Michael Jackson's memorial -- but it's not because MJ fans are cheap ... it's because of the complete failure of the official donation website.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Sorry, I hate replying to a post I haven't read. I signed to follow when it was 1st made, now there's almost 300 posts..

I don't know if someone posted the donation web site for the memorial - if anyone wants to donate, go HERE

From what I read on TMZ it says The city of Los Angeles has only received $17,000 of the $1.4 million it cost to put on Michael Jackson's memorial -- but it's not because MJ fans are cheap ... it's because of the complete failure of the official donation website.
I personally think Jacksons family should pay up...after all he is making more dead than he did alive so what is the problem

Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I personally think Jacksons family should pay up...after all he is making more dead than he did alive so what is the problem
How can they? The only one with money is Janet and until MJ's finances are settled, the money can't be taken from the estate. So either Janet will have to foot the bill, or CA will have to wait until MJ's finances are straightened out. The new record and video sales go directly to his estate and can't be touched.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
How can they? The only one with money is Janet and until MJ's finances are settled, the money can't be taken from the estate. So either Janet will have to foot the bill, or CA will have to wait until MJ's finances are straightened out. The new record and video sales go directly to his estate and can't be touched.
So another case of the "wealthy" getting one over I suggest the state of CA send the M Jackson Estate a bill.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:39 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
I'd like to hear that they donated; I'd like to hear celebrities as well as fans donated.

I hate to see California foot it all.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:15 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,727 times
Quote:
I agree that they should pay for at least half of it. I know they have money between all of them. Janet alone could probably pay for it.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:40 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,441,449 times
I heard on tv the other day that they're not sure if Michael was even in the casket and they know his brain was removed for analysis.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,647,005 times
A report on Inside Edition just had MJ's dermatologist on. He stated MJ had a form of skin Lupus. They showed what it would look like on the TV. It looked blotchy white, with sores. This was what he was treating MJ for in his office.

Then another doctor came on and said that this could be why MJ used umbrellas, makeup, masks, the Glove, a wheelchair due to pain in the joints, caused baldness (wigs) etc. Also, that Lupus could even be partially to blame in his death as Lupus causes problem with the vascular system.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I agree that they should pay for at least half of it. I know they have money between all of them. Janet alone could probably pay for it.
Since MJ did so much for the music industry, why aren't other performers agreeing to pay for it? When David Ruffin of the Temptations died for instance, MJ paid for some of the funeral expenses. Coincidence is that David Ruffin also died a lonely and ravaged man at 50. He committed suicide by overdosing on cocaine in a crackhouse in Philly, the moment after recording the song, "Hurt The One You Love."

David Ruffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where are all these rich stars who are so visible at public functions? People like Jay-Z, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Madonna. Why aren't these artisits taking care of one of their own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities