Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should jon / kate be canceled?
yes, pull the plug 72 73.47%
no, i like the show 8 8.16%
i never watch the show 28 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:36 PM

134 posts, read 343,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
I am sorry but Jon is doing the right thing for his kids....turn off the camera's and try to give these kids a sense of a normal life. The longer they are on TV and dragged through this the more damaging their lifes are going to be. In 10-15 years we will see these kids on daytime talk shows talking about this, and some of them will have life long effects to TLC and the crew that most normal kids shouldn't have to deal with.

Of course any child loves to be center of attention, and of course the camera's are pretty much all they know. How is that fair to them? They didn't asked to be filmed, they didn't ask for their parents to get a divorce, they didn't ask for all the freebies. Just let them be, pull the plug on the show.

Everyone ranted about how Jon never stood up for himself and his kids, he is now. Better late then never.

Jon brought the cameras to his twins birthday and turned it into a circus. He let them film his misspelled birthday cake from a nice bakery to top off Kate's baked from scratch traditional birthday cake she makes them.

Regardless, of what I said... Jon is trying. He does love his kids. The whole reality TV thing should go though. The divorce is coming to the ugly part where they should just turn off the cameras until the dust settles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Then they shouldn't have had 8 kids....people make do, communities chip in, churches chip in, family chips in....oh wait that's right Kate doesn't talk to any of her family members....non speaking terms.......karma
well the kids are here and it's obvious she came from a dysfunctional family as proven by her poor choice of a mate and father for her kids------plus what type of family members would ignore adorable kids like that? certainly NOT caring,loving people-----what about the putz's karma???

Old 10-10-2009, 04:17 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
I read the kids threw tantrums and were upset about not getting to film the latest installment. They had a trip planned to New York. The show may be an important formative experience for them; we can't just assume that the fact that they are constantly filming a TV show is abusive. The assumption that they are being pimped out may not be correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
How do you know the kids enjoy doing it?

The show should be cancelled immediately. The major pimpization of the eight kids should be ended now and forever.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
I read the kids threw tantrums and were upset about not getting to film the latest installment. They had a trip planned to New York. The show may be an important formative experience for them; we can't just assume that the fact that they are constantly filming a TV show is abusive. The assumption that they are being pimped out may not be correct.
i agree--it suited the putz to have them filmed when he was on it--he EVEN BROUGHT THE MEDIA TO THE TWINS BIRTHDAY PARTY-----someone get that man??? an IRREVERSIBLE VASECTOMY!

Old 10-10-2009, 11:14 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
here's a crazy idea: how about one of their parents take the kids to NYC w/o cameras rolling or on TLC's dime? you know, just like millions of other families do every year. the kids love doing the show b/c they are practically bribed to do it. seems like all of the good stuff they've gotten is somehow connected to the show, whether it's directly related or captured on camera. canceling this trip just reinforces this idea. no wonder they're so upset. the best thing these idiots can do for their kids is to break that mentality that they must do the show to get good things in life. they should continue these trips, even if it isn't being filmed. these kids lives will be a lot better off, IMO, if this show never returns to the air

Old 10-11-2009, 03:24 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,236 times
This show reminds me of the "Truman Show", where Jim Carrey's life was totally staged. This show was nice to watch when they were babies, and the family seemed normal, with jobs. Now, that they went all "Hollywood", I am like, forget about it.

The worst, was when they just got dogs, and dumped them. That is outrageous, that dumping the dogs was seen as "oh wel, whatever". Fire their booty. Why are these people so famous for breeding anyway?

Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 AM

537 posts, read 292,085 times
Enough already!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Jon & Kate Arbitrate - E! Online

According to this Lindsay Lohan's dad indicates that there might be a spot for Jon as an announcer/something for Celebrity Boxing--who knew there was such a show?

Jon is reportedly talking to Nutrisystem and other weight loss systems about becoming a spokesperson--he wants to lose weight.

This makes me sad--the whole sorry mess makes me sad.

They showed a 'new' episode of the former Jon and Kate Plus 8 last night. The kids started preschool. Kate's soliloquy about the drama of such an event in any parent's life made me uncomfortable, too. She said, 'The time goes by too quickly---the twins are already 9...' and more. A very bad soap opera.

I doubt that any of the Gosselin's will ever really be happy with a middle class existence.

ETA: Jon says he is half Jewish. This seems almost impossible --his mother is Korean and I am certain they said his father was Scots.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainm...ory?id=8816214

He also says that Hailey who is Jewish is his 'rock' and that he might consider having more kids in the future. I was stunned to hear this at first but he does need to move beyond the Past--the alternating weeks of custody cannot be good for either Jon or Kate or the kids.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 10-13-2009 at 11:29 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post

According to this Lindsay Lohan's dad indicates that there might be a spot for Jon as an announcer/something for Celebrity Boxing--who knew there was such a show?

Jon is reportedly talking to Nutrisystem and other weight loss systems about becoming a spokesperson--he wants to lose weight.

They showed a 'new' episode of the former Jon and Kate Plus 8 last night. The kids started preschool. Kate's soliloquy about the drama of such an event in any parent's life made me uncomfortable, too. She said, 'The time goes by too quickly---the twins are already 9...' and more. A very bad soap opera.

I doubt that any of the Gosselin's will ever really be happy with a middle class existence.

ETA: Jon says he is half Jewish. This seems almost impossible --his mother is Korean and I am certain they said his father was Scots.
Jon Gosselin Celebrates Jewish Faith and Hanukkah - ABC News

He also says that Hailey who is Jewish is his 'rock' and that he might consider having more kids in the future. I was stunned to hear this at first but he does need to move beyond the Past--the alternating weeks of custody cannot be good for either Jon or Kate or the kids.
if the putz's current source of income was tazmanian---j would be part tazmanian too!---more kids--please can someone drug him and do a vasectomy while he's under----do not subject any more kids to his style of parenting(obviously j wants his own exclusive cash cows)

Old 10-13-2009, 04:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post

Jon Gosselin Celebrates Jewish Faith and Hanukkah - ABC News

wtf?! I bet he isn't "half Jewish." He has a Jewish girlfriend. That's different. What in idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities