Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:38 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Though some of her pop music on her album is catchy, I think her acoustic versions of her songs are excellent. In smaller, more intimate settings, it's just her and her piano/keyboard, and each version is a little different. I actually think her acoustic work is better than Alicia Keys', though Keys is much better lyrically and in her production abilities.

I think Gaga has a rich voice, though is limited in range (from what she's shown us), and it's always nice to hear an alto/contralto as opposed to all the sopranos.

If you like listening to a singer with the piano as an accompanyment, you should check out her stuff on youtube.
ITA she is better w/out all the extra *stuff*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 03:13 PM

145 posts, read 412,262 times
It has been a long time coming for another female pop star who actually is vocally talented and not exactly conventional.
I really love what she stands for, her tunes and her persona, I think it is interesting and her outfits are totally enviable. How she manages to rock some of those things and suit it makes me pretty jealous!
I really hope she doesn't burn out, but I think that because she is actually talented and not a miming monkey, then she has a chance. More power to her!

Old 01-03-2010, 10:22 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,784 times
I'll say this much...the girl can sing. I've seen her live footage on tv & she's not faking it & she's got the singing chops. Not many people do that nowadays, while dancing to boot. Yes, I think her getups are getting on my nerves & it makes it seem like she's trying to get attention but it's no different than Madonna.

Loved Madonna then, love her now. Gaga is just the "new" Madonna...& I'm sure she doesn't like to hear that comparison. But regardless, the girl has talent...or her lyricicist or song writer has talent, I don't know if she writes her own songs. If she does, kudos. If not, then she's just another industry label drone.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:09 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I'll say this much...the girl can sing. I've seen her live footage on tv & she's not faking it & she's got the singing chops. Not many people do that nowadays, while dancing to boot. Yes, I think her getups are getting on my nerves & it makes it seem like she's trying to get attention but it's no different than Madonna.

Loved Madonna then, love her now. Gaga is just the "new" Madonna...& I'm sure she doesn't like to hear that comparison. But regardless, the girl has talent...or her lyricicist or song writer has talent, I don't know if she writes her own songs. If she does, kudos. If not, then she's just another industry label drone.

Save the praise until the second album drops......

Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Speaking as a dancer ...

I LOVE her music. Every one of her songs I can dance WCS or Hustle or Cha Cha to.

Not sure if she's the next best thing or a one hit wonder, but she puts out some excellent dance music.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:29 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
I am very scared....Fatal Attraction scared.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
I think she's AWESOME! crazy out there but talented at the same time. and her viewpoint on certain topics is pretty interesting. she is definitely an interesting person (too many bland pop stars out there right now)

Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Speaking as a dancer ...

I LOVE her music. Every one of her songs I can dance WCS or Hustle or Cha Cha to.

Not sure if she's the next best thing or a one hit wonder, but she puts out some excellent dance music.
LOL everytime I hear Poker Face I start thinking...Cha Cha!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:23 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
This is a free fire zone.
No better, no worse than all the rest.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-05-2010, 10:43 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Why are people so quick to anoint someone the the "NEXT' this or that?? The jury is still out until the next album..........then you'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities