Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Why are people so quick to anoint someone the the "NEXT' this or that?? The jury is still out until the next album..........then you'll see.
what are you talking about? she's already had 2 albums out and the second is already doing quite well, critically and commercially. she's not some one hit wonder

eta: correction, the newer album is more of a bonus edition of the first album, but it is more proof she isn't just a one hit wonder

Last edited by eevee; 01-05-2010 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 12:56 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,113 times
GaGa has two albums released: The Fame and The Fame Monster. I believe The Fame Monster has all the hit tunes remixed from the first album, along with eight new songs. Maybe this doesn't count as a second album. Some of the older albums I own, only have eight or nine songs. GaGa came across as honest and somewhat shy on Barbara Walter's special. Many people don't buy albums, just download singles. I didn't like her at first, but have come to like some of her songs because they're good for exercising. Poker Face is one that I like. It doesn't make any difference to me what someone looks like, as long as they can sing.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:21 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
GaGa has two albums released: The Fame and The Fame Monster. I believe The Fame Monster has all the hit tunes remixed from the first album, along with eight new songs. Maybe this doesn't count as a second album. Some of the older albums I own, only have eight or nine songs. GaGa came across as honest and somewhat shy on Barbara Walter's special. Many people don't buy albums, just download singles. I didn't like her at first, but have come to like some of her songs because they're good for exercising. Poker Face is one that I like. It doesn't make any difference to me what someone looks like, as long as they can sing.
Nobody even knew her until this recent one.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:08 PM

145 posts, read 412,277 times
guess it doesn't matter HOW she came into the spotlight, the question is how LONG can she stay there? I hope she is around for a good long while, I like her and her music. I can't wait to see how the next album and promotion and videos will turn out.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:43 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Nobody even knew her until this recent one.
"Just Dance" was the song that really put her on the map and that came out on The Fame in spring/summer of 08. most of the singles she's known for came off that first album. first major single to come off The Fame Monster is "Bad Romance". I've also heard she was playing in NYC for a long time and that's how she got discovered.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
"Just Dance" was the song that really put her on the map and that came out on The Fame in spring/summer of 08. most of the singles she's known for came off that first album. first major single to come off The Fame Monster is "Bad Romance". I've also heard she was playing in NYC for a long time and that's how she got discovered.
Have you seen older footage of her? On stage, playing keyboards w/long brown hair. She looks totally different! I do like her, her songs are extremely danceable.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,093 times
What's your favorite Lady Gaga song? Bad Romance is pretty good....it has that hypnotic martial beat. I also like Paparrazi and Telephone. Yep, I'm hooked. And to think I didn't even know who she was until 3 weeks ago when I kept hearing her songs played over the radio during a long car trip. And I'm a 40 something white guy who's not even her target demographic. She's got the makings of a megastar.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:57 AM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,053 times
What about all those rumors that "she" may really be a "he" - or just a "she" born with a "he" part?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
She great for doing Parody's. Here one for all you "Bad Romance" fans

WARNING some may find this offensive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iESKGuXsVJE

Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 AM

180 posts, read 793,967 times
I love GaGa! Hey,ndfmnlf I am probably not her target audience too seeing's how I am almost 40.

Her music reminds me of the 80's techno/dance but better. It's great to listen to while working out or getting chores done. A sink of dishes is fun while dancing around to 'Bad Romance'. And speaking of that song- that video is awesome (SunnyK- loved that parody too, thanks!)

Santa gave me 'Fame Monster' cd and I can't stop listening to it. I love all but maybe 2 songs. She's gonna be on the charts for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities