Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 10:09 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,568,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
Wife is with Rogers. She was paying about $85. I was paying $55. They kept giving us more data which we never used. I went off on my own with this $15 plan from Lucky Mobile at Dollarama. Works fine for me. The wife threatened to leave Rogers, so they cut her data back to 30 gig for $50. We still never use that data, so it's plenty. Call Rogers and complain. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
thanks i'll look into lucky mobile Rogers is way to big to care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 12:07 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
US Mobile sounds like a great deal. I've read others' praise of it too. I've also been with Tracfone/Verizon for many years.

The "Light" plan sounds perfect for a friend of mine. What networks does US Mobile use?
When I signed up with US Mobile last year, I had a choice between Verizon and T-mobile.

I picked Verizon because I have two other lines with Tello (a T-Mobile MVNO).

I figured more chance that I'll get a signal wherever I am with the different networks.

Old 01-09-2024, 12:24 PM

166 posts, read 96,483 times
About to port out to Tello $10 /2G plan.

The sale of Republic Wireless to Dish then transition to Boost Infinite has been a debacle. Don't need "unlimited" "forever" but might be worth checking. Unimpressed....hello Tello....

Old 01-10-2024, 05:35 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,356,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
When I signed up with US Mobile last year, I had a choice between Verizon and T-mobile.

I picked Verizon because I have two other lines with Tello (a T-Mobile MVNO).

I figured more chance that I'll get a signal wherever I am with the different networks.

Thanks. I'm on TF/Verizon and have 1½ years of service left. I have bookmarked the US Mobile site and will take a look at it again next year with a view to switching then.

Old 01-10-2024, 04:46 PM

5,208 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsider View Post
About to port out to Tello $10 /2G plan.

The sale of Republic Wireless to Dish then transition to Boost Infinite has been a debacle. Don't need "unlimited" "forever" but might be worth checking. Unimpressed....hello Tello....
After many years with Republic which we were extremely happy with until their sale then we switched to T-Mobile 55+.We have four phones two with insurance (twins phones) for a little less than $170.00. This included four free Motorola phones when we signed up.

We get a discount for automatic bank debit and we get a discount on Netflix. We have been happy with them do far.

Old 01-10-2024, 07:35 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Cricket, $90 for 3 lines unlimited.

Old 01-11-2024, 12:17 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
$55/month for 3 lines on T-Mobile (formerly Sprint).

1 line includes:
Data: Unlimited: Includes 100 GB of hotspot data per line and Full HD streaming video
Talk & Text:Unlimited
Bundled Extras: Hulu, TIDAL HIFI, Lookout Premium Plus
Premium Bundled Extra: Amazon Prime
International Roaming: Unlimited Talk, Text and 4G LTE data in Canada and Mexico

The other two are just unlimited talk/text/data.
Well, the T-Mobile merger has changed things a bit since I posted this. The plans I have generally remain the same but with subtle changes:

$55/month for 3 lines on T-Mobile (formerly Sprint).
1 line includes:
Data: Unlimited: Includes 100 GB of hotspot data per line and 4k streaming video
Talk & Text:Unlimited
Bundled Extras: Hulu, AppleTV, Pandora Premium, Lookout Premium Plus,
Premium Bundled Extra: Netflix
International Roaming: Unlimited Talk, Text and 4G LTE data in Canada and Mexico; 5GB of 5G in other countries, and unlimited 2G after that
Airline Wifi: Unlimited Airline Wifi

The other two are
- unlimited talk/text/data in the US
- 5GB of 5G internationally, and unlimited 2G after that
- Airline Wifi up to 4 times/year

Old 01-26-2024, 10:20 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,905,591 times
Following up on my last post (number 72) I have both phones with US Mobile now, each on a "Light" plan: unlimited text and talk, 1 GB dada each.

My first phone had a 50 day free trial and I only used less than 400 mb of data. I GB for each phone per month should be plenty for me as I do very little on the internet.

Old 02-04-2024, 02:54 PM

885 posts, read 624,911 times
Boost Mobile has been my wireless provider for about 9 years. It was owned by Sprint but was sold to Dish TV due the merger of Sprint with T-Mobile.

Since its acquisition by Dish TV, Boost has become highly promotional. I have switched plans with Boost 3 times in less than 3 years, in order to have a plan which more closely suits my needs and at a lower cost.

My current plan with Boost allows me unlimited talk and text, as well as 5GB of 4G/5G data per month. The cost is $15 per month, including taxes and fees. This charge is with autopay.

Because I don't rely on my wireless phone for much data usage, this plan meets my needs at a reasonable cost.

Old 02-04-2024, 03:14 PM

507 posts, read 265,752 times
I was with Verizon for 23 years, from when they were first branded, until a few days ago. Had four lines, for me and my three kids. Now, after 23 years my kids are all finally on their own plans and I was left with Verizon at $87.85 per month for one line. Tried to contact them to change to a cheaper plan but could not get any sensible response from them.

So I switched to Google Fi, $20 a month plus $10 per GB plus taxes. I mostly use wifi calling so I expect to stay within the 1 GB.

I like to "play" with computers and ( some ) tech. So my home phone is Ooma with two lines, no text capability, no monthly fees but $5 a month in taxes. I have my Ooma programmed to also ring through to the cell phone, and vice versa, so when I get a call on one it rings on both and I can answer whichever one is handy. I also have a Google Voice number that is forwarded to the cell phone. I live alone and don't need four phone numbers, but I have them anyway. I also like being able to phone and text through the PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones