Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 AM

3 posts, read 6,061 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm from Georgia, recently I receive a job offer to work at SPAWAR on Innovation Drive. I was looking around for best areas to live in and found that the general consensus said that Summerville is a great place to live. I am worried about the long commute. How bad is the traffic on I26 during rush hours? Also, do you think The Tradition, Vista Sands, and Farmington Village are good apartments to live in? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Traditions and Vista Sands are right next to the Interstate so it is a short hop to get on the interstate, than there is about a 20 minute ride down the interstate to N. Chuck.

Tradition and Vista Sands are pretty new places....

Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM

3 posts, read 6,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Traditions and Vista Sands are right next to the Interstate so it is a short hop to get on the interstate, than there is about a 20 minute ride down the interstate to N. Chuck.

Tradition and Vista Sands are pretty new places....

thanks for the reply. So I shouldn't be worried about the traffic on the interstate right? I'm from Atlanta, and the bumper to bumper traffic is getting very old.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
There is traffic, but nothing like Atlanta at all.....

It can get bad if there is an accident, but still not like Atlanta.....

Old 07-26-2010, 02:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
We are from the ATL area (Buford/Swuanee area). We had an apartment at Farmington a few years back, when my husband first got his job in Charleston. His office is close to downtown Charleston.

We thought Summerville would be for us. Within two months my husband began looking for another apartment in the Mount Pleasant area. While the commute is not far, I-26 was a nightmare. The lack of alternate routes when the major ones clog mean traffic jams are a mess and frequent...an accident, weather, volume....all can bring it all to a halt fast.

We eventually ended up in Mount Pleasant.

Farmington Apartments were fine. Clean, great location, quiet (when we were there) that was a couple of years ago and it's hard to know if things stayed the same.

Easy access to box stores, chain restaurants, and highway......

Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM

24 posts, read 48,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter28 View Post
How bad is the traffic on I26 during rush hours? Also, do you think The Tradition, Vista Sands, and Farmington Village are good apartments to live in? thanks
We've been at Vista Sands for about 7 weeks now and honestly would not want to live anywhere else! Our apartment had been newly painted and had new carpeting installed throughout before we moved in, so it was like new. The grounds and property are kept immaculately, along with the pool, clubhouse and gym. It's quiet and the staff are super friendly. Even though my wife works downtown, we can be there in 30 minutes, so we're more than pleased we didn't choose some of the other places we looked at in North Charleston. We did check out The Tradition, but didn't get anywhere near the friendly welcome or co-operation we got here. I have no connection to Vista Sands other than being a very happy customer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area