Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 09:52 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,748 times

Advertisements

Hey folks,

We have been down in the Mt. Pleasant area this week looking for a town home to purchase. We have narrowed it to three units. One is in Charleston National, one in Hamlin Park and one in Preston. They all seem great. Was wondering if anyone has any pros or cons about the area. Schools, crime etc? Charleston National did not seem overly kid friendly compared to the other two. More retirees and commuting execs.

Any background information on these areas would be extremely helpful. We have only been in this area during the winter months and a couple of times in the spring. Is it wall to wall people in the summer, like I think it might be? My wife and are self employed/semi retired so we won't have a commute to deal with. Middle and High Schools will be something to look at. Are the schools crowded? Hows in the influx from the north? We live in little New York North Carolina now and would really rather hear more southern accents than northen (no offense).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Hey folks,

We live in little New York North Carolina now and would really rather hear more southern accents than northen (no offense).
Then don't move to Mt Pleasant.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:41 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,641,036 times
,,,,,,I like this part,,,,,"Are the schools crowded? Hows in the influx from the north?"

Yes they are crowded, always will be,,,and most people that move down from the north think that Mt-P is the best area to live in...............................and that's southern (no offense)

Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
Then don't move to Mt Pleasant.
That bad huh? Shame...

Old 12-30-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
,,,,,,I like this part,,,,,"Are the schools crowded? Hows in the influx from the north?"

Yes they are crowded, always will be,,,and most people that move down from the north think that Mt-P is the best area to live in...............................and that's southern (no offense)
None taken, tells me what I already knew.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area