Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,776 times

Advertisements

Greetings, I have a job opportunity that would relocate me to Charleston, SC and wanted to get some ideas as to where the better places are to live? The office is located just south of the airport on Leeds Ave.

I'm 28 yrs old and single. I'm looking at buying a home probably somewhere between 140-160k. I'm interested in areas with people in my same age bracket (25-35?) and some semblance of a night life. What areas (if any) should I be looking in? Or is my price range putting me out of those types of areas? Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 04:47 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
Summerville, Goose Creek or Moncks Corner for that price bracket.....

Not much of a night life in most of those areas but not for far away either....

Old 05-14-2011, 05:20 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,635 times
There are nice neighborhoods in North Charleston as well.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:06 AM

14 posts, read 22,399 times
Mt Pleasant is a good investment place to my own opinion
but I am not a realtor.

I just move here and love it here
specially if you are young and later will havea family
I think this place is great with lots of potential
with great schools and most shop are near

Though I love to dine at North Charleston as many choices there
and lots of historical places to go.

I suggest you rent at least for a year
that way you can have look & feel of the 4 seasons.

get to know the neighborhood , familiarize with the area
and decide if its worth to stay there for good
and explore Summerville, north Charleston, Goose Greek & Mt Pleasant

They said most bars are in downtown charleston - not sure
just came to know to my neighbor who is young & likes being there.

Good luck on your move

Old 09-06-2011, 08:07 AM

4 posts, read 5,864 times
Hi Travis! The first area I thought of for you that would get you everything you want - price range AND night life, is the Park Circle area of North Charleston. They have a main street with some great restaurants and bars and a nice community spirit. Plus you'd have a very short commute to work and live only 15 minutes from the nightlife of Downtown Charleston. Does that sound like what you are looking for?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,325 times
Cool Still thinking of moving to Charleston?

Hi there, your note caught my eye b/c my husband is from Indy and we lived there together for three years. Great city!
In your price range - and taking into account your desire to be in close proximity to younger people I think buying a townhome or a condo might really suit your needs - and work within your budget. You might even be able to find something downtown - and do a reverse commute.
I would love to help you out if you find that Charleston is where you land.
All the very best,
Connie Dittrich
Realtor
Carolina One Real Estate
[EMAIL="cdittrich@carolinaone.com"]cdittrich@carolinaone.com[/EMAIL]

Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
Connie,

You may want to actually read the TOS (Terms Of Service) that you agreed to when you signed up for this site as it forbids open advertising and soliciting of business...

Old 09-10-2011, 09:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Was listening to a couple of folks who live in the Park Circle area talking about the restaurants, and stuff in their area....sounds like a great area. They sure like it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area