Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
Swimmom, go to Saffron and get a piece of the hummingbird cheesecake cake. It is sooooo good! It is hummingbird cake with a layer or two of cheesecake.
OMG that sounds so delish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 07:49 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,369 times
Not a fan at all of Kaminsky's. If they make everything in house, then they bake and freeze weeks out. +1 on Saffron though, really good.

Bubba's is a tourist trappy kind of place and while Hyman's gets a bad wrap for being touristy, it isn't that bad. I don't make it a regular habit, but I have had good to decent fish there.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Awesome I think we may try Saffron

and just play it by ear for the Seafood

Old 07-09-2013, 04:02 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Awesome I think we may try Saffron

and just play it by ear for the Seafood
For great seafood try Hank's.....

Hank's Seafood Restaurant, Charleston, SC

Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
For great seafood try Hank's.....

Hank's Seafood Restaurant, Charleston, SC
Will do

thanks

Old 07-09-2013, 09:27 AM

469 posts, read 891,394 times
Quote:
Well after leaving South Florida and getting excellent Lobster we now live back in Charlotte and well no lobsters here obviously...lol I haven't been to charelston before, and thought we love seafood and lobster I would ask around....I have a list of some of the Restaurants we would like to eat in already have a reservation at Halls Chophouse for Saturday night...I have to be careful what I eat so alot of the places that offer fried foods I can no longer eat...We might try Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co we had one in South Florida but never got there before moved...

Thank You to all Very excited about our trip...

Sorry to go on a tangent but ...... You can get a 5 pound lobster at The Palm (in Charlotte). I got one years ago, but The Palm isn't really my type of restaurant. But if you want lobster, go there. They have 3 and 4 pounds as well. The lobster dinner is one of the things The Palm is most famous for (and yeah, they're a chain, but a high end chain). It's on the menu at Ruth's Chris - never been though. I'm sure it's at other places too. I was also going to say LeVecchia's for locally owned, but saw they closed last year.

Last edited by Go To Girl; 07-09-2013 at 09:40 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go To Girl View Post
Sorry to go on a tangent but ...... You can get a 5 pound lobster at The Palm (in Charlotte). I got one years ago, but The Palm isn't really my type of restaurant. But if you want lobster, go there. They have 3 and 4 pounds as well. The lobster dinner is one of the things The Palm is most famous for (and yeah, they're a chain, but a high end chain).
I dont care for the Palm...and the one here in Capital Grille wasnt so great either...

Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Will do

thanks
I saw where you were going to Hall's, you will enjoy it. It is really good. Oak Steakhouse is an option as is High Cotton and Peninsula Grill. I already mentioned Hanks..all are so, so good. We have heard really great things about Eli's Table.

Don't get reeled in by the tourist trap of hyman's...

Old 07-09-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I saw where you were going to Hall's, you will enjoy it. It is really good. Oak Steakhouse is an option as is High Cotton and Peninsula Grill. I already mentioned Hanks..all are so, so good. We have heard really great things about Eli's Table.

Don't get reeled in by the tourist trap of hyman's...
Anything in particular at Halls you liked?

Awesome I have heard about Peninsula Grill, and High Cotton have not heard anything on Eli's Table...I will let you guys know where we wound up, now hopefully the weather will hold up

Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Anything in particular at Halls you liked?

Awesome I have heard about Peninsula Grill, and High Cotton have not heard anything on Eli's Table...I will let you guys know where we wound up, now hopefully the weather will hold up
At Hall's, let's see....the pork tenderloin, prime rib and a chicken dish. ( I can not eat seafood )
DH enjoyed the lobster, steak and a nightly seafood special one night. We really enjoy it there. Peninsula Grill also. The coconut cake is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area