Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:24 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post
There's a difference between aiming high and scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Summerville can be compared to cheap wine, looks great from the outside with all the fancy trimmings, but you can only take soo much before you get a nasty hangover. Mt. P and downtown: Scotch
I'd rather pay $15 for vodka and drink half a bottle on my back porch than pay $65 for Brevival. Either way we're both getting drunk!

Hey at least we're all in great SC together enjoying 75 in February!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 09:41 AM

882 posts, read 1,463,903 times
Mkay so let's see what we've got here ... some folks think that earthquakes in Summerville will be limited to Summerville and hurricanes in MP will be confined to MP. Because you know, these types of cataclysms are highly localized and stuff.

@rory: Where we live in MP it's a flood zone X, the least risk possible. From what I was told when we were looking for a home, very few pockets of MP are in high risk flood zones.

In general, whether folks joke or not, the OP has learned at least one thing about SOME people that live in this region, be they in Summerville, Mount Pleasant, or anywhere in between. Namely that many of them are full of petty sentiments of tribalism borne of nothing more than base fears, complexes, and insecurities, Thankfully these expressions are more prevalent on anonymous forums such as CD than in real life, because no one I have met in person to date anywhere in the region has voiced any such sentiments, be it because they just couldn't care less about where other people choose to make their home, or for fear of sounding small and petty.

So at least there's that ...

Old 02-22-2014, 11:00 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Quote:
There's a difference between aiming high and scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Summerville can be compared to cheap wine, looks great from the outside with all the fancy trimmings, but you can only take soo much before you get a nasty hangover. Mt. P and downtown: Scotch
So you're saying that Mt P and downtown will both **** you up quick?

Old 02-22-2014, 11:17 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,669,210 times
Classy, and well made
Similar too feelings that you get during special occasions or big achievements in life

Btw @rory... my home was built in 1878.. It has survived Hugo, and Big fires and Earthquakes since the 1900s... They don't make homes like they use too...Lets hope the cookie cutters can survive the next power outage :x

Old 02-22-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Classy, and well made
Similar too feelings that you get during special occasions or big achievements in life

Btw @rory... my home was built in 1878.. It has survived Hugo, and Big fires and Earthquakes since the 1900s... They don't make homes like they use too...Lets hope the cookie cutters can survive the next power outage :x
Haha our lines are below ground. One of the benefits of new neighborhoods.

And people, don't take this stuff too seriously! It's all in good fun!

PS - I do love MtP!

Old 02-22-2014, 02:56 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
I grew up in a blue collar city west of Boston. There were several towns around us we used to rank on about being snobs, stuffed shirts, they are sissies, they think their feet do not smell, to good to talk to us, etc.

Most of us that did well enough as adults moved to those towns ASAP.....LOL

Social climbing was always one measure of success.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I grew up in a blue collar city west of Boston. There were several towns around us we used to rank on about being snobs, stuffed shirts, they are sissies, they think their feet do not smell, to good to talk to us, etc.

Most of us that did well enough as adults moved to those towns ASAP.....LOL

Social climbing was always one measure of success.
I was lucky enough to learn early in my work career that money doesn't buy happiness. From a distance, I can still see that with people I knew.

Luckily the beach is where we can all come together!

Old 02-22-2014, 03:27 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I was lucky enough to learn early in my work career that money doesn't buy happiness. From a distance, I can still see that with people I knew.

Luckily the beach is where we can all come together!
From a distance...you mean Summerville?

Old 02-22-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
From a distance...you mean Summerville?
Hahaha, metaphor!

And technically, my plastic garbage bin says North Charleston!

Old 02-22-2014, 07:52 PM

506 posts, read 1,025,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Hahaha, metaphor!

And technically, my plastic garbage bin says North Charleston!
Oh my!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area