Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:01 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,006,870 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone on this forum lives in Longpoint, or has info/opinions about it.

We've ridden through a couple of times and both times thought the homes looked like they needed a little love, not sure if we liked it.

Today we rode through a different section, near the amenity center and got a different impression. Homes seemed nicer (surely more expensive) and lots seemed bigger.

Wondering if others can provide info. - how expensive is the HOA? Does that include the pool and tennis? How is the upkeep of the amenities, and upkeep of the community in general?

Certainly a great location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 11:38 AM

142 posts, read 164,035 times
Did Longpoint have several different Developers/Builders ?? You might just be noticing the difference between a Centex and a Lennar home. Also, are there a lot of renters in that subdivision ?? If the wind is blowing a certain way, does that paper plant give off a stank ??

Just askin'.....

Old 05-18-2015, 04:38 AM

Does anyone know if there is an exercise area (fitness center) inside the clubhouse at Longpoint?

Old 05-18-2015, 07:07 AM

10 posts, read 10,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Longabough View Post
Did Longpoint have several different Developers/Builders ?? You might just be noticing the difference between a Centex and a Lennar home. Also, are there a lot of renters in that subdivision ?? If the wind is blowing a certain way, does that paper plant give off a stank ??

Just askin'.....
I can only respond to the paper plant question: I notice the smell everywhere in Charleston, but not every day. Like you said, it's a matter of which way the wind blows. I work downtown way down near the tip of the peninsula and even smell it there!

Old 05-18-2015, 08:30 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,446,873 times
No paper plant smell here in Summerville. Aaahhhh...love that fresh air!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 07:25 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,724,563 times
Long Point has always been kind of a hidden jewel. Easy access to I526, all of MTP, and great amenities nearby. My only issue was I did not care for the bottom end of Long Point Rd. with the trucks, businesses, industrial area, etc. Not a very impressive entrance to the neighborhood. Be sure you are far enough back in so no noise from Long Point Rd., I526, and the docks.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:28 AM

JG, I hear you on that section on Longpoint Rd., but there are alternate ways to get to the Longpoint subdivision that avoid that, aren't there? Seem to be many ways to get most places here.

Yes, given the proximity of Longpoint to things in MP, location south of 41, and attractive price points for homes, it seems indeed like a hidden jewel.

Thought at one point Snee Farm had the best location, but Longpoint seems to be just as good. Lot sizes seem to be good, although maybe not as big as Snee Farm, but price points seem to be better in Longpoint.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
JG, I hear you on that section on Longpoint Rd., but there are alternate ways to get to the Longpoint subdivision that avoid that, aren't there? Seem to be many ways to get most places here.

Yes, given the proximity of Longpoint to things in MP, location south of 41, and attractive price points for homes, it seems indeed like a hidden jewel.

Thought at one point Snee Farm had the best location, but Longpoint seems to be just as good. Lot sizes seem to be good, although maybe not as big as Snee Farm, but price points seem to be better in Longpoint.
I believe there in only one way in and one way out of Long Point and that is Hobcaw Bluff Drive.

If you like that part of town, then take a ride through Belle Hall.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:17 AM

Not crazy about Belle Hall, not the part we can afford anyway. Longpoint also offers us the advantage of allowing 6' fences for the dog. Belle Hall is 4'

I think we entered Longpoint subdivision via Needlerush Parkway off Longpoint Rd (via 526).

Old 05-20-2015, 03:52 PM

Sorry, my mistake. I was under the belief that The Longpoint sub-division was only the neighborhood one entered off of Longpoint Rd via Hobcaw Bluff Drive, just below I526.

I now see that they are also calling the sub-division(s) located off Needlerush Parkway (which is the entrance to Palmetto County Park) Longpoint. There would not be problems with trucks, industrial areas, etc. in that area.

Do check as I believe that Needlerush is the only road in and out of that area. One road in and out is quite common in Mount Pleasant (Rivertowne, Dunes West, etc.) due to the creeks/water that are all about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area