Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 07:05 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,007,578 times

Advertisements

It appears, as far as amenities (excluding Park West, Snee Farm and Longpoint), the developments in MP that give the biggest bank for your buck are Brickyard and Hamlin, Brickyard being about $180/year cheaper?

Both appear to offer Pool, Tennis, Clubhouse, Walking Trails, and Fitness Center, with Brickyard also having a Boat Ramp, Basketball Court and Community Dock.

The rest of the bigger developments (again, excluding Park West, Snee Farm and Longpoint), are sort of a mishmash -

Seaside is pretty inexpensive at $615 and includes Pool and Walking Trails. Appears there is no Tennis or Fitness Center?

Charleston National at $380ish a year is low but appears to offer no amenities until you sign up for the Pool and Tennis Membership (is this mandatory?), bringing the yearly fee to $884. If you want Golf and Fitness Center - it's $2,346/year. Does anyone know if Charleston National has Walking Trails?

Dunes West appears to be the most expensive - $380ish HOA with no amenities included - And a whopping $3,720/yr for pool, fitness, golf, and clubhouse.

So it appears if one wants walking trails, tennis and a fitness center, Brickyard and Hamlin are the best bets, if one wants just a pool and walking trails and can do without the fitness center, Seaside is the best bet in terms of cost.

Also appears, location-wise, Brickyard, Hamlin and Seaside are all great locations, all relatively close to the beach, downtown Charleston, and Towne Center.

I assume that Hamlin and Seaside might have higher flood insurance costs than Brickyard being East of 17? Brickyard seems to offer good housing prices, but houses for the most part appear to be large - for families, with no many one stories. Love the low-country style of the houses in Hamlin, but price point seems to be higher than Brickyard but homes are newer. Both Brickyard and Hamlin are very nicely landscaped.

Don't know much about Seaside - other than has a great location, and like the shops right there. Not sure where price-point wise it falls. In looking online appears it is higher-priced than either Brickyard or Hamlin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 07:21 AM

15 posts, read 35,273 times
Just wanted to say that this is a great topic. hopefully we'll get some comments from homeowners in each. I'm looking to move in one year and this information is very valuable.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 AM

Thanks jgruber. Yes, it would be great for residents to chime in, and/or add to the list.

Criteria I used was homes available in the 400s (and under in some cases), and a "larger" development with some amenities.

We left off Park West (too large for us), Long Point (houses older than we would like and a lot seem to need updating), and Snee Farm (again, houses older than we would like and a lot seem to need updating).

Park West is really great for people with kids, and offers a lot - shops and schools right in the development, walking trails, pools, tennis, and green spaces. I think the HOA is very low also @ $525. Great value, and offers all kinds of price points for homes. Really something for everyone.

Snee Farm and Long Point are great locations.

Long Point HOA is @ $435, but I am not sure what that offers. Right next to Palmetto County Park, which is nice.

Snee Farm is gorgeous, with the beautiful old trees, golf course and mature landscaping. Can't find anything on the HOA fees and what they include and what the additional fees are for golf/pool/tennis, etc.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:12 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,515 times
HOA And Regime Information Mount Pleasant | RE/MAX Advanced Realty

Old 05-01-2015, 02:19 PM

124 posts, read 335,420 times
Hobcaw and Belle Hall seem to meet your criteria. I know the HOA fee for Belle Hall is reasonable

Old 05-01-2015, 05:17 PM

859 posts, read 1,361,725 times
Snee Farm HOA fees are $360 a year, and just include maintenance fees mostly - oh, and the 'excellent' policing they do for homeowner violations. Club/golf/swimming/tennis memberships are extra.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:07 AM

OK, this is supposed to read "Biggest BANG for your Buck", not "Bank".

Is there a way to edit???

Old 05-02-2015, 11:23 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
OK, this is supposed to read "Biggest BANG for your Buck", not "Bank".

I was wondering... I just thought yankees said it different or something

Old 05-02-2015, 09:55 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,006 times

Yes, by clicking on the "Edit" button.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:57 AM

Would you be so kind as to explain where the "Edit" button is, as I'm not seeing it.

The only Edit I see is "Edit Status" and that doesn't edit the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area