Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 AM

515 posts, read 482,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I dont think it has officially started, but that is the plan. I just know thatd be a solid and realistic location for D&B since thats who you mentioned. I still think Citadel is by far the best spot though, if they can ever get the ball rolling on that.

As for Carolina Park, itll be pretty interesting to see what ends up following Costco. Charleston doesnt have a Golfsmith or REI. Thats something thatd maybe would fit around there. I could see places like Chipotle or Panera giving a look as well. I think we can go ahead and assume a Starbucks will be around lol.

Even though the location is more isolating, hopefully CP can land some nice exclusives.
I have a feeling CP is looking for more "upscale" shopping. At least I hope so, and it's not all crap chains. A Bagel place is a necessity since it's Little Jersey ;-) Some sort of supermarket is also a given....HT or Trader Joes or a new Whole Foods would seem right. With the new Lowes Foods on 41 and I think I read there's going to be another Aldi next to the new Lowes Hardware on 17 (near Blackbeards Cove), we might have supermarket saturation. Pizza would also make sense since there's nothing within a few miles of the area. Hopefully there's a few local restaurants and some other retail (kids clothes, toys). A small movie theater would be cool in one of the 2 remaining big slots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 11:07 AM

268 posts, read 281,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I dont think it has officially started, but that is the plan. I just know thatd be a solid and realistic location for D&B since thats who you mentioned. I still think Citadel is by far the best spot though, if they can ever get the ball rolling on that.

As for Carolina Park, itll be pretty interesting to see what ends up following Costco. Charleston doesnt have a Golfsmith or REI. Thats something thatd maybe would fit around there. I could see places like Chipotle or Panera giving a look as well. I think we can go ahead and assume a Starbucks will be around lol.

Even though the location is more isolating, hopefully CP can land some nice exclusives.
I'm willing to bet that would be a prime spot for a D&B and hopefully a Red Robin LOL.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtopplings View Post
I have a feeling CP is looking for more "upscale" shopping. At least I hope so, and it's not all crap chains. A Bagel place is a necessity since it's Little Jersey ;-) Some sort of supermarket is also a given....HT or Trader Joes or a new Whole Foods would seem right. With the new Lowes Foods on 41 and I think I read there's going to be another Aldi next to the new Lowes Hardware on 17 (near Blackbeards Cove), we might have supermarket saturation. Pizza would also make sense since there's nothing within a few miles of the area. Hopefully there's a few local restaurants and some other retail (kids clothes, toys). A small movie theater would be cool in one of the 2 remaining big slots.
Does MTP have a Movie Theater?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:23 AM

2,312 posts, read 2,958,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
There's the Cinnebar near Melvin's and Regal at Town Square.

That being said the recent construction at Tanger definetly makes me think the plan's around there are moving forward quickly. I mean there's the Apartment complex and now the hotel....

Old 12-06-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I'm willing to bet that would be a prime spot for a D&B and hopefully a Red Robin LOL.
I don't get the fascination with Red Robin???

Old 12-06-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Town Center. But it could be a 15-20 min drive some days. Having even a small one in "Town Center North" would be nice.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:15 PM

3,591 posts, read 4,354,507 times
Cineabar is in MtP too

Old 12-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I don't get the fascination with Red Robin???
I think it's delicious.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:37 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
I dont know, maybe. I dont know how upscale you can realistically get. I definately wouldnt place REI or Golfsmith in the crap chain bin. Both are quality stores and arent located all over the place. Theres a few GSmiths, and I think Greenville has SC's only REI.

Both stores are perfect for this market for what they sell. We'll see with everything else. Stores are dfeinately gonna want to be around Costco.

I agree I think the flood of grocers is crazy. Mount Pleasant i believe has around a grocer for every 3,000 people, which is pretty high, especially compared to downtown which is around 17,000 each.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:31 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times
Quote:
Knowing who I'm talking to is yours..
That wasn't visible in your initial post . Bye now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area