Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 05:52 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,243,667 times

Advertisements

I'd look at Tanner Plantation in Hanahan. It's nicer, safer and more convenient than almost anything else in that vicinity. Certainly more so than Goose Creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 05:56 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,598,737 times
Tanner Plantation won't have acreage like the OP is looking for.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:25 PM

18 posts, read 48,174 times
Thanks all...and especially the link to SCE&G....perfect!

Old 08-04-2017, 07:02 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,502 times
Try looking in Ashborough or Ashborough East which are the loveliest parts of Summerville along the Ashley River. Yes, there was flooding in some parts of the subdivision last year. But overall, it may suit you. It's a great location in so many ways: in your budget; a bit more land than most sub-divs; mature treed streets; convenient yet secluded. Boat launch, tennis courts, pool. Don't know the cost associated with the amenities but almost bought there myself (just too far from the coast for me).
And then there's a few other sub-d's a bit more north/up Dorchester Road. Again with more land; look at Walnut Farms, too.
Good luck!

Old 08-09-2017, 06:19 AM

370 posts, read 325,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
Try looking in Ashborough or Ashborough East which are the loveliest parts of Summerville along the Ashley River. Yes, there was flooding in some parts of the subdivision last year. But overall, it may suit you. It's a great location in so many ways: in your budget; a bit more land than most sub-divs; mature treed streets; convenient yet secluded. Boat launch, tennis courts, pool. Don't know the cost associated with the amenities but almost bought there myself (just too far from the coast for me).
And then there's a few other sub-d's a bit more north/up Dorchester Road. Again with more land; look at Walnut Farms, too.
Good luck!
OP's looking for 10 acre lots.....

Honestly, for your budget I'd consider upper Dorchester/Berkeley Cos, maybe around Ridgeville. Land can still be had out there & once the Volvo plant starts producing, count on amenities & shopping to soon follow.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
I think the Ravenel suggestion is a good one.

And what Ziggy described is how most people hand the no gas issue- burying or hiding a propane tank.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:01 AM

55 posts, read 61,529 times
I live a little further out in the country and SCE&G does not supply my area with natural gas so I contacted Carolina Gas and got a propane tank buried in the back of the house and they come ever so often to keep it full. We love cooking on LP.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:03 PM

18 posts, read 48,174 times
Default Another update!

So...the weekends have been consumed with driving all these areas. We are completely out of the 10 acre market. More like 1-2 acres. We will settle for the house next to us not being right outside the door. We actually like it a little further out in the Ridgeville area...we came across Wassamassaw. I did some searching through the forum and it looks like it has been developing for a very long time now!? The homes are beautiful, the lots range in size...but anyone know why it seems to not be developing as quickly? I can see it is a little further out if you want close proximity to the beach, but we don't think it is a far drive at all (coming from the north, we can say that! We are still looking, and the idea of a full on construction project is daunting to think about, but we just can't seem to find the right home in the right subdivision. We also happened across the neighborhood The Summit in Summerville, older homes but a little larger lots....but nothing for sale that we were willing to buy and overhaul. We also ended up in Winterseat (Ridgeville), which said it was a gated community but the gate was open and it seemed to be just a few very nice streets with homes on a few acres each. There are some lots for sale out there too. We don't mind driving a little to get to places, or the grocery store.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:15 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,763,936 times
I was going to suggest The Summit. I never heard of Winterseat in Ridgeville but after googling, that looks really nice. I'll have to drive out there and check it out. I simply love looking at new homes..not buying though.

If you consider Ridgeville, just make sure you're not near the new Volvo plant. It'll bring a lot of traffic out that way. I've heard a few people that live out there complain about the plant because they moved out to Ridgeville for the country and quiet and then they go build a big plant out there but Winterseat looks very nice.. I too love houses not right up on each other. I did that once and never again. I need my space and more privacy.

You might try looking at Gadsden Manor subdivision in Summerville but they might be too close together but that's a nice neighborhood. Or try Knightville. Knighsville has more land.

Good luck to you. By the way, how do you like Summerville?

Old 09-18-2017, 09:11 PM

48 posts, read 41,296 times
Knights like has land and good school. Easy transportation to shopping/groceries. I highly recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area