Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 05:47 AM

77 posts, read 254,242 times

Advertisements

I am curious about the spring grove development in Moncks Corner. Can anyone give me an idea of what it is like? Is it like Moss Grove and Foxbank Plantations? We were down there last month, but for some reason we missed Spring Grove. Are the houses super close together like some of these newer developments?
thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,679,661 times
Spring Grove is similar to the other two. I have a niece that lives out there and she likes it.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:57 AM

77 posts, read 254,242 times
thanks, Luvsdabeach,
Online, the lots in Spring Grove look a little bigger than the other developments. Is this right? Where is it located in relation to Moss Grove? How far to St. John's Christian Academy? any other info would be great! You are the only one who seems to know much about Moncks Corner
thanks again!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,679,661 times
Spring Grove has a separate subdivisions in it unlike Moss Grove but like Foxbank. It will eventually be a large development. It's further away from St.John's than the other two but not by much. It's closer to Goose Creek than it is to the city of Moncks Corner. Moss Grove is the closest, Foxbank is about two-three miles from Moss Grove and Spring Grove is two miles from Foxbank and about five from Moss Grove. I hope that made sense. lol There is a grocery store that will be opening beside Foxbank. They are clearing the land now.

Spring Grove is about 12 miles from St John's.
Foxbank is 10 miles and Moss Grove about 7 miles.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM

2 posts, read 9,198 times
Spring Grove Plantation is located off of Cypress Gardens Road headed to Cypress Gardens. If you are coming from Goose Creek, at the light with the Exxon station and Church's Chicken you would turn right. You would cross over what some call old 52 (I do not know if this is true) and go down about 1/2 mile and the plantation is on the right. It appears to be a more established community than Foxbank with at least 5 different subdivisions but it is off the main road compared to Moss Grove and Foxbank. We are looking in the area to possibly buy as well and wondering what your opinion is of those 3 different subdivisions. I also received word that there is an inventory reduction this weekend in Oakley Pointe which is I believe between Foxbank and Moss Grove. The builder is Eastwood Homes. Any suggestions you can provide we would definitely be interested in as well.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM

13 posts, read 30,177 times
We just moved into this addition from Atlanta, GA. We are a young couple in our early 20's and have no kids. They are building a house next to us. Right now there are about 30 homes. We love it. It's much better than the older 1960's home we were living in! It is separated from other subdivisions. It's kinda weird, you drive down Old 52 and turn into the Spring Grove addition, but its a sort of side street, from that street you can turn into Barony, which is the brand new subdivision in Spring Grove, or drive on down to the slight older and finished subdivision. I'm not entirely sure of the name, but it's in "Spring Grove". I think houses start in $140's, we're renting this one, so I'm not entirely sure. Beware, cell phone service is bad, well for ATT anyway. I've heard that Verizon and Tmobile work well. We have a home phone through Home Comunications...they provide cable (similar to Comcast), internet and phone. Oh, and the houses are not close together like some neighborhoods, they are approx. 20-30ft apart. Some may call that close, but at least they aren't 5 ft apart like newer subdivisions I've seen.

Last edited by medewe; 04-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medewe View Post
We just moved into this addition from Atlanta, GA. We are a young couple in our early 20's and have no kids. They are building a house next to us. Right now there are about 30 homes. We love it. It's much better than the older 1960's home we were living in! It is separated from other subdivisions. It's kinda weird, you drive down Old 52 and turn into the Spring Grove addition, but its a sort of side street, from that street you can turn into Barony, which is the brand new subdivision in Spring Grove, or drive on down to the slight older and finished subdivision. I'm not entirely sure of the name, but it's in "Spring Grove". I think houses start in $140's, we're renting this one, so I'm not entirely sure. Beware, cell phone service is bad, well for ATT anyway. I've heard that Verizon and Tmobile work well. We have a home phone through Home Comunications...they provide cable (similar to Comcast), internet and phone. Oh, and the houses are not close together like some neighborhoods, they are approx. 20-30ft apart. Some may call that close, but at least they aren't 5 ft apart like newer subdivisions I've seen.
Thanks for the info. I haven't been up that way in while. What is the closest shopping and other amenities. I a, trying to stay current with the area.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM

4 posts, read 13,688 times
Spring Grove Plantation is located off of Cypress Gardens Road. As you are heading toward Moncks Corner from Goose Creek, SC on HWY52 turn right at the lighted intersection with the Church's Chicken/ gas station. This will be Cypress Garden's Rd. Spring Grove is about 2 miles down from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area