Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 06:57 PM

817 posts, read 2,004,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lisat View Post
I MUST say.. that is a Fab-U-Lous site... Thanks !!

I have kept my mouth shut about where my darling wife should look and the resources to look into.... hey I am always wrong anyway
(yes I was actually in Charleston in June and checked out quite a lot.. plus have done research for the past year.. but hey what do I know

But the HotPads... I saved to her Favorites and she will notice...
Let's see if I can a mention from her ???

Thanks again.... looked briefly... but great resource !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
I MUST say.. that is a Fab-U-Lous site... Thanks !!

I have kept my mouth shut about where my darling wife should look and the resources to look into.... hey I am always wrong anyway
(yes I was actually in Charleston in June and checked out quite a lot.. plus have done research for the past year.. but hey what do I know

But the HotPads... I saved to her Favorites and she will notice...
Let's see if I can a mention from her ???

Thanks again.... looked briefly... but great resource !!!
Yes! That Hotpads site shows that patience is a virtue. If you can wait long enough for those notice of foreclosure properties to come on MLS you will get a MUCH better deal than if you HAVE to buy a place after x months or renting. I've been renting and watching prices come down and down and down for 25 months after moving here. I'm so glad I didn't buy ASAP. I would have left easily over $100,000 on the table as I see properties that I thought I would love in 2007 for $350k back on the market asking less than $100k less than they sold for then and still not selling.

In the Blufton/Hilton Head area, home prices have dropped even more! As a buyer, the last thing you don't want to do is leave a lot of money on the table.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,346 times
Default LI transplants, Jets fan & fellow Jew

Mazel Tov for the playoffs!

Hello Michael & Everyone ~ Happy New Year !

My name's Sue and I just happened upon this website today for the first time. I was doing some research, for my husband Jason, and a simple Google search led me hear. This particular posting caught my eye for obvious reasons. We're fellow metro New Yorkers of similar age,interests and background. My husband is Jewish and I'm basically a WASP. So, we do Christmas and Hanukkah. Double the holiday warm & fuzzies, of course. We both love football and at least half of us loves the J-E-T-S... JETS ! JETS ! JETS !... I'm a Giants fan and . But, I am a team player and I'm totally rooting for the Jets!! Always a New Yorker. Hopefully it will be an entertaining game with the right outcome. Jays says Sanchez better not throw any picks!

I read the postings. It was so great to have so many different New Yorkers reponding. We've been living in Charleston for 4.5 years. I didn't realize so many people from the NYC/LI moved here and are moving here. That makes me so happy. Charleston is a great and beautiful place to live. But, I do get homesick and I think anyone who moves away from home does to. That gave me an idea....

I've never organized something like this before. But, just a thought, we should do something. Lets do a NY transplants get together for drinks,dinner, events,outtings, whatever and etc... We're just cool,normal people in their 30's. We like to have fun and getting together with fellow transplants sounds like fun to us.

Michael, you had said your wife is coming in Feb. Both of you, please feel free to contact me if she would like someone to have dinner with or if you guys have any questions.

Regards,
Sue

Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 PM

Hi Sue,

So very nice to hear from you... welcome to city-data.. great sight for info. I have used this site for helping to determine where we will move to and picked Charleston as the destination.
The trip back in June confirmed it.
Lets see what my wife says after the 1st week in Feb there

First let me say as well......... GO J-E-T-S...J-E-T-S... J-E-T-S !!

Let's see what happens Sunday night...
As the saying goes... on any given Sunday !!
Hope I can watch it as we will be having my wifes friends visiting from Turkey over for dinner and to see the baby.

Where in Charleston do you reside ?
As you can tell from my post.. and comments, replies.. I have chosen MP as the place for us.

Interesting idea about a get together of fellow New Yorkers.........
Thought the point of moving out of NYC is to get away from the New Yorkers ... yuck... yuck :P

Just caught your reply.. time for beddie bye.. wil comment more another time Sue and thanks again for reading and replying in my post and giving me a shout out.. ok a mazel tov ya'll !!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:56 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,999,297 times
Quote:

Off topic but..........A Giants fan rooting for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRpIB2AvkY

Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 AM

27 posts, read 47,782 times
Quote:
Hi Sue,

So very nice to hear from you... welcome to city-data.. great sight for info. I have used this site for helping to determine where we will move to and picked Charleston as the destination.
The trip back in June confirmed it.
Lets see what my wife says after the 1st week in Feb there

Let's see what happens Sunday night...
As the saying goes... on any given Sunday !!
Hope I can watch it as we will be having my wifes friends visiting from Turkey over for dinner and to see the baby.

Where in Charleston do you reside ?
As you can tell from my post.. and comments, replies.. I have chosen MP as the place for us.

Interesting idea about a get together of fellow New Yorkers.........
Thought the point of moving out of NYC is to get away from the New Yorkers ... yuck... yuck :P

Just caught your reply.. time for beddie bye.. wil comment more another time Sue and thanks again for reading and replying in my post and giving me a shout out.. ok a mazel tov ya'll !!
Coming from a Pats fan myself I really hope they beat those COLTS!!! Been awhile since they even gotten this far,Good luck on your move,as I am from Mass. and will be looking for a place down there in Charleston too,

Old 05-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Default I'm baaaaaack :)

Hi Everyone,

Well here I am, back on city-data.

Yes I was always on CD looking over Chas. etc. as we still plan on moving there. Just not posting here on my own post anymore. Sometimes commenting on others... but laying low being busy.

Cannot believe it has been 1 year since I was in Charleston.... whew a year flies by and 1 yr later... sorry we are still up here in Brooklyn.

A few things popped up that put a temporary halt on moving down.
But we are a comin'

In fact myself, wife and now 18 month old son are headed down the end of this month for 12 days. So my wife can see Charleston and more specifically Mt Pleasant for herself. Will be a great trip we are planning. Will see friends I have made over the past year as well as new ones. Will go house hunting as we narrowed down the towns we are interested in.

Park West
Rivertowne (maybe)
Brickyard (maybe)
Darrell Creek
Charles National (did not view it last trip and curious as to see/feel it)
Belle Hall (open to, as well as others areas up there)
and some others

We will explore all over the areas we are interested in.. plus perhaps find some new ones. Will also job interview again (pharmacist) as the 2 managers on my last trip there who would hire me when I move, have sinced retired and stepped down gotz ta start all over again

We will also have a nice relaxed plenty of time with our planned 12 day visit to chill with our son and enjoy the area and all it offers... we cannot wait.

We hope to move there in about 3-4 months time.

Most likely will rent initially for a few months... so as to really look around.
Or possibly might be able to purchase while still up here.
We shall see.

Cannot wait to come down and show my wife all I saw and experienced and showed my wife from all the research I have done as well as my wife's own research, which surpasses mine
My wife has been monitoring the homes for sale as well as school districts, safety issues, floods, hurricaines etc... (I told you more extensive than I)

Will be there in about 2 more weeks coming the end of May.. have yet to find a place to rent for the 12 days.

Anyone know of any 2 bedroom (min.) home/condo please pass it on, in MP of course please.

Any feedback from Charleston National I am very curious to hear as well please and anything else you wish to bestow upon us, be my guest.

Thanks for all the contact over the past year..
Looking forward to seeing so many new friends and old ones from initial trip there.

See you all soon

Michael

Old 05-10-2010, 10:00 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,777,461 times

Here is a video of Charleston National.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Well here I am, back on city-data.

Yes I was always on CD looking over Chas. etc. as we still plan on moving there. Just not posting here on my own post anymore. Sometimes commenting on others... but laying low being busy.

Cannot believe it has been 1 year since I was in Charleston.... whew a year flies by and 1 yr later... sorry we are still up here in Brooklyn.

A few things popped up that put a temporary halt on moving down.
But we are a comin'

In fact myself, wife and now 18 month old son are headed down the end of this month for 12 days. So my wife can see Charleston and more specifically Mt Pleasant for herself. Will be a great trip we are planning. Will see friends I have made over the past year as well as new ones. Will go house hunting as we narrowed down the towns we are interested in.

Park West
Rivertowne (maybe)
Brickyard (maybe)
Darrell Creek
Charles National (did not view it last trip and curious as to see/feel it)
Belle Hall (open to, as well as others areas up there)
and some others

We will explore all over the areas we are interested in.. plus perhaps find some new ones. Will also job interview again (pharmacist) as the 2 managers on my last trip there who would hire me when I move, have sinced retired and stepped down gotz ta start all over again

We will also have a nice relaxed plenty of time with our planned 12 day visit to chill with our son and enjoy the area and all it offers... we cannot wait.

We hope to move there in about 3-4 months time.

Most likely will rent initially for a few months... so as to really look around.
Or possibly might be able to purchase while still up here.
We shall see.

Cannot wait to come down and show my wife all I saw and experienced and showed my wife from all the research I have done as well as my wife's own research, which surpasses mine
My wife has been monitoring the homes for sale as well as school districts, safety issues, floods, hurricaines etc... (I told you more extensive than I)

Will be there in about 2 more weeks coming the end of May.. have yet to find a place to rent for the 12 days.

Anyone know of any 2 bedroom (min.) home/condo please pass it on, in MP of course please.

Any feedback from Charleston National I am very curious to hear as well please and anything else you wish to bestow upon us, be my guest.

Thanks for all the contact over the past year..
Looking forward to seeing so many new friends and old ones from initial trip there.

See you all soon

Michael

Old 05-12-2010, 11:40 AM

26 posts, read 55,911 times
James Island sounds wonderful, a nice farming town!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:04 PM

I have been to all of them
Daniels Is.
James Is.
Johns Is.
it is all nice
just depends what your likes and desires are
for us Mt Pleasant (because of our 18 month old son... otherwise Johns Is is for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaSunshine View Post
James Island sounds wonderful, a nice farming town!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area