Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:29 AM

3 posts, read 3,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchlight View Post
Yes, those are the ones. I hope you love it here as much as I do
InTown Suites Extended Stay Living - The Apartment Alternative | Locations | South Carolina
I'll be moving to Charleston in December or January, so I was actually quite happy when I read about the $190/week rates. I looked them up on tripadvisor, and now I'm not so sure anymore

InTown Suites Charleston (Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
11 reviews - 100% do not recommend

Intown Suites North Charleston (North Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
6 reviews - 100% do not recommend

SuiteOne Of Charleston (North Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
3 reviews - 1 negative (not so bad!)

InTown Suites Ashley Phosphate (North Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
4 reviews - 2 negative

I'd definitely stay away from the first two

PS You do have to be careful about relying on tripadvisor reviews, sometimes people leave negative feedback because there were no hair dryers in the room or because the manager didn't ask them how their night was (seriously).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 06:14 AM

66 posts, read 197,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelter View Post
I'll be moving to Charleston in December or January, so I was actually quite happy when I read about the $190/week rates. I looked them up on tripadvisor, and now I'm not so sure anymore

InTown Suites Charleston (Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
11 reviews - 100% do not recommend

Intown Suites North Charleston (North Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
6 reviews - 100% do not recommend

SuiteOne Of Charleston (North Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
3 reviews - 1 negative (not so bad!)

InTown Suites Ashley Phosphate (North Charleston, SC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
4 reviews - 2 negative

I'd definitely stay away from the first two

PS You do have to be careful about relying on tripadvisor reviews, sometimes people leave negative feedback because there were no hair dryers in the room or because the manager didn't ask them how their night was (seriously).
I am really surprised to see those ratings. My own family and friends stay in these places when they visit from Florida. They have never complained. I do not know anyone who stayed near the airport but West Ashley and Walterboro locations are used often by my family and friends. Wow...

Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
The problem with ratings like that is that people who are happy very rarely leave a review, the only ones that do are the ones that had a bad time of it.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:13 AM

209 posts, read 534,237 times
Just wanted to let you all know that after looking at all the options we went with a corporate apt that was completely furnished. If you can't commit to 90 days, then you have to pay sales tax on it.

The company we are going through, ACRS (Apartment and Corporate Relocation Services) has been pretty responsive and very accommodating. Here's what they sent us:

"We could definitely assist you in the Charleston SC area. A two bedroom two bath fully furnished would be anywhere from $1660 to $1775 per month. That would include all furniture, all housewares, all utilities (electric, water, gas, cable, high speed internet) as well as the rent on the apartment. That would be around $55 to $60 a night!"

We have cats, and there was no additional charge for the pets. The only downside is that it's a third floor walk up apartment, but they said that if we could have committed to at least 90 days they could've gotten us a ground floor unit. I think that the one we are in is just permanently rented by ACRS as a temporary apartment. We have committed to 2 months, since that's what my husband's company will allow.

Good luck in your search!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,249 times
Can anyone recommend a good hotel for a month near the Navy base?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 AM
LPI

110 posts, read 366,832 times
I may have a solution and will private message those concerned as I do not want to publish the their contact information.

When I have publishable details I will post back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area