Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 02:57 PM

23 posts, read 73,816 times

Advertisements

I'm currently doing a project on Summerville and I was just looking for some feedback on what you all think of the city. Is there anything you love or hate about the city? Any comments are appreciated, good or bad! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 06:52 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,343,061 times
I love it here, I have lived here for over 20 years.....

Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 AM

528 posts, read 1,515,222 times
I've was born and raised in Summerville and returned to raise my four kids as well. I truly love Summerville and would not want to live anywhere else. I enjoy the great community we and our kids have here. The churches are solid, people are invested in the community and we are a great distance from Charleston. Have fun on your project.
Sincerely,
Foster Smith

Old 01-21-2010, 10:48 PM

780 posts, read 1,543,547 times
I have lived here for only a couple of years and like it. However, I was surprised to see how poorly the city growth has been managed when it comes to new subdivisions and traffic patterns.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM

23 posts, read 73,816 times
Thank you all for your responses thus far! How do you all feel about the historic downtown?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,964,526 times
The historic downtown is the pride of Summerville. If you doubt that, just cross the railroad track. If heading down Central, it goes to pot about the time you get to the 40mph speed zone. They could care less about the "outskirts" of town.

Back across the tracks opposite the downtown side you still have some very nice homes (like behind the CVS...in that area), but most have been made into commercial/office spaces. I HATE when this happens. These are really nice old homes, but no one is taking care of them. After 10-20 years as commercial space they will be of no residential value. You can ride around many of these houses and see the lack of decent repair. If someone was actually living in them they would be in better repair.

I'll keep the rest of my opinions to myself for now...I own a business in Summerville.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:13 PM

61 posts, read 200,731 times
I've been here just over a year and I love Summerville. I live in White Gables which has really friendly neighbours. Can't say there is anything I dislike about the place except the traffic. Walmart for example is approx 5 miles away and on a bad day, It can take me 30-40 mins to get there.

Summerville seems so far from North Charleston, as that is where I work. I wouldn't live there if you paid me to. I can't wait to get out the place at 5:00pm.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:38 PM

662 posts, read 1,412,217 times
I think part of the charm of Summerville is the quaint old fashioned downtown area. You don't see much of that anymore.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM

528 posts, read 1,515,222 times
The downtown area is definitely one of the highlights of the Summerville area. The Summerville DREAM (Downtown Restoration, Enhancement and Management) has done an incredible job of bringing life,activities and family friendly events to downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area