Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 05:38 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,093,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
I think another good project that is tying into this is the Trace Fork Connector - basically extending RHL Boulevard to Jefferson Road. That will be a big traffic relief.
Yes, this is a big component of this. I was kind of hoping that they would also connect the back part on the Tech Park to the new road as well, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Quote:
I also noticed people complaining about the roundabouts but from the video I watched it is only if you're exiting Jefferson to get onto Kanawha Turnpike not if you're just using Jefferson to get to 119. God forbid people would take the time to actually watch or read the whole thing.
Yes, the roundabout is technically not on Jefferson Road. It's actually great that there's exit and on ramps from the roundabout to get onto the new 5 lane. I image that a lot of people will start using the Kanawha Turnpike exit off 64 to get to Southridge now, verse getting off at Oakwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 06:30 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
I think another good project that is tying into this is the Trace Fork Connector - basically extending RHL Boulevard to Jefferson Road. That will be a big traffic relief.
Indeed. They opened up a little one lane exit from Southridge (beside Buffalo Wild Wings) that opens onto Terry Road. I ALWAYS use that to get out of Southridge.

Quote:
I also noticed people complaining about the roundabouts but from the video I watched it is only if you're exiting Jefferson to get onto Kanawha Turnpike not if you're just using Jefferson to get to 119. God forbid people would take the time to actually watch or read the whole thing.
There is a lot of traffic on Kanawha Turnlike, but probably not nearly as much as the traffic using Jefferson Road to get to Corridor G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Yes, this is a big component of this. I was kind of hoping that they would also connect the back part on the Tech Park to the new road as well, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards.
I don't see any reason to do that. There are a few things that they could do to make it a little easier getting in and out of the Tech Center (which doesn't really seem to be a problem). Making sure the little streets at the back of the Tech Center connect to the streets that are nearby could be done at a fraction of the cost of a connector to Jefferson Road.

Quote:
Yes, the roundabout is technically not on Jefferson Road. It's actually great that there's exit and on ramps from the roundabout to get onto the new 5 lane. I image that a lot of people will start using the Kanawha Turnpike exit off 64 to get to Southridge now, verse getting off at Oakwood.
The people that live in Armour View and Rock Lake Village will have to use the roundabout to get from home to I-64 to go into Charleston for work. That's got to be a significant amount of traffic.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:56 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:

I was out on Jefferson Road yesterday. You can see where they are digging out the path that the Trace Fork Connector will take. It will connect near the Ice Arena and the SC Public Works garage, where Jefferson Road has the big 90 degree turn. It seems to me that they will need a little bridge to go over Davis Creek.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:56 AM

https://www.wowktv.com/news/local/wh...th-charleston/

So glad to see this coming along now! This is such an important infrastructure project for the area, and will hopefully fuel the retail corridor that is being developed between Southridge and Park Place. People will easily be able to shop at Trace Fork or Southridge, and then slide on down to the new Park Place development which will hopefully offer some different options.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:53 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,465 times
The construction crew for this project is moving along at a good pace. Perhaps they should've been hired to do the I-64 expansion between Huntington and Charleston...

Old 08-14-2022, 08:23 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,880,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
The construction crew for this project is moving along at a good pace. Perhaps they should've been hired to do the I-64 expansion between Huntington and Charleston...
Actually, these are two totally different types of projects. Moving dirt is much less time consuming than building bridges. Just my humble non-engineer opinion.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:49 AM

I actually think that the 64 crew is moving at a good rate given the scale of the project.

Of course, China would have already built a bullet train between Huntington and Charleston by now, but you can do that kind of thing when you're a totalitarian regime. LOL

Old 08-24-2022, 08:28 AM

https://wchstv.com/news/local/constr...by-end-of-2022

Looks like the 64 project is going at a healthy pace, and is projected to be complete by years end.

Old 09-03-2023, 04:03 AM

https://www.wsaz.com/2023/09/01/jeff...-road-closure/

I know this is old now, but here’s a little update on the project.

Old 10-13-2023, 12:46 PM

The connector road from Jefferson Rd. to Trace Fork will be open next week. That will be fantastic!

https://wvmetronews.com/2023/10/13/j...ready-to-open/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston