Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,571,155 times

Advertisements

LOL. God, I love a Mossberg. Even a woman can handle it well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:57 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL. God, I love a Mossberg. Even a woman can handle it well.

As you well know

Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,571,155 times
Loves, I hope the miscreants in this town get a clue and realize that we are responsible homeowners and we are not gonna stand by and let irresponsible thugs invade our homes and rip us off. Why these people think they are entitled to steal our belongings is beyond me = but maybe they got used to no one doing a blame thing about it.

I have said it since I moved back here - used to be the thugs in this town knew full well that the chances were very high they would get shot (or cornered by someone w/ a shotgun) if they broke into our houses. My contention continues to be that once these no-goods figure out we are armed and will use our firearms, they will not be so quick to break in our houses.

Glad to see this story being read and hope the would-be thugs will read it (if they are literate) and get a clue.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,503,755 times
But now that this thug has been captured, we must look at what will happen to him. In the article, it was suggested he will possibly do some jail time and end up wearing one of those "ubiquitous" ankle bracelets. Well, we all know how well they work!! He'll be back on the streets in no time at all. Perhaps, the next time around, he'll learn from the error of his ways and figure that a gun will "equalize" what a homeowner can quickly come up with! The Charlotte and Mecklenburg criminal justice system wimps out on a regular basis producing even more disasterous results in the long run!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,142,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
What I wanna know is - where was the shotgun? Did he have it in his vehicle or what?
I was wondering that too. That's a huge gun to tote around!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,055,324 times
I guess that I am the only one who is not impressed nor would I want to live anywhere near that guy. What if he got drunk one night and started target practice on any form of movement in the street? What if that movement was me?? Or, any of you??

He got lucky this time. The movement was a thug. He also was very lucky that the thug didn't take that gun and shoot HIM with it (something that I know happens a LOT).

I'd rather have a large Doberman, Husky or even my psycho Lab to protect me. That way I KNOW that it won't come back to bite me!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:09 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,991,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I'd rather have a large Doberman, Husky or even my psycho Lab to protect me. That way I KNOW that it won't come back to bite me!
Hmm... So let's see the thug comes to your house & puts a couple rounds in your dog while you plead for your life? Doesn't sound like a very good plan to me CC.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I guess that I am the only one who is not impressed nor would I want to live anywhere near that guy. What if he got drunk one night and started target practice on any form of movement in the street? What if that movement was me?? Or, any of you??

He got lucky this time. The movement was a thug. He also was very lucky that the thug didn't take that gun and shoot HIM with it (something that I know happens a LOT).

No surprises here

Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,055,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Hmm... So let's see the thug comes to your house & puts a couple rounds in your dog while you plead for your life? Doesn't sound like a very good plan to me CC.
Wouldn't get the opportunity. My dog would have his throat, first. And, the other dog would be backing the first one while I sprayed Mace and the cops were on speed dial.

You forget. I have been mugged at gunpoint before. I know how to handle myself around thugs. Been there, done that. Don't want to repeat it unnecessarily, but, I can handle myself WITHOUT a weapon.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,995,421 times
Yeah, but the bad guy will be in the courts a few weeks, might serve a short stint, and will be right back doin what he does. Next time he will be more carefull.

I think that Larry should have had more fun maybe strip the guy naked, and staked him out back on the lawn spread eagle, and dumped garbage on the creep to attract biting insects. 48 hours of that, will get a more reasonable responce.

What I really think is the creep should serve 6 years at hard labor. No tv, no gym, no bed for that matter, straw on the concrete floor. No phone calls after conviction, no letters. Nothing but eat bad food work at hard labor and I mean ball bustin hard work in the heat, cold what ever, every single day 7 days a week for 6 years. Do it again and you get 20 no paroll. Do it again you get 40 no paroll.

There should be No paroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte