Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,107 times

Advertisements

my husband and i have been up in the area for the past couple of weekends just getting a feel for the area. we are both being transferred for work. we will be in concord but like huntersville, davidson, and surrounding areas as well. we really like monteith park and skybrook. are there any other neighborhoods that are similar that we are missing??? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
HI Hope your transistion runs smooth those are good neighborhoods and there is similar neighborhoods like those as well just depends on what fits you.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM

300 posts, read 763,652 times
In Huntersville subvision called wynfield forest. We just bought a house there a mature area with lots of trees my home is about 10 years old. off 77 between exit 23 or 25

Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM

316 posts, read 395,310 times
Macaulay and Birkdale are also good (they both connect to Wynfield) - Skybrook is beautiful minus the power lines. Vermillion is new, go to DavidWeekly.com, they (DW) also have a new nice neighborhood called Christenbury that is nice. Cabbarus schools are better than Meck - so I would not rule out Concord - Have you been to concord mills? Concord is growing like crazy! Davidson is nice but over priced for what you get, JMO.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM

102 posts, read 364,880 times
[/quote]

All of the research I have done shows that the top 4 Meck County high schools (one of them being N Meck) scores are MUCH better than any of the Cabbarus Co. high schools. Also, five of the Meck high schools are in Newsweeks top 200 or 300. None of the Cabarrus schools are even in the top 1200! Concord High School state test scores (along with ACT and SAT) are the worst in all of Cabarrus County and worse than the top 5 Meck Co. Schools.
What am I missing? Why do you (and others on this site) consider Cabarrus to be the better choice? Are their intangibles that I can't find in the stats? I am a high school math teacher...we tend to look strictly at the numbers...so I think I must be missing something

Old 06-27-2007, 02:09 PM

Hi I definite would explore all of huntersville and judge what the communities offer and the amenities to make your life easier are within reasonable distance. Here is another good thread for you to help in your choice
http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...rrounding.html

Old 08-13-2007, 08:34 PM

43 posts, read 228,949 times

All of the research I have done shows that the top 4 Meck County high schools (one of them being N Meck) scores are MUCH better than any of the Cabbarus Co. high schools. Also, five of the Meck high schools are in Newsweeks top 200 or 300. None of the Cabarrus schools are even in the top 1200! Concord High School state test scores (along with ACT and SAT) are the worst in all of Cabarrus County and worse than the top 5 Meck Co. Schools.
What am I missing? Why do you (and others on this site) consider Cabarrus to be the better choice? Are their intangibles that I can't find in the stats? I am a high school math teacher...we tend to look strictly at the numbers...so I think I must be missing something[/quote]
I too looke at the stats before moving to the area, my two sons went to school on the Meck side for all of 2 days, before I busted them out of that prison and enrolled them in a Cabarrus county school... You will have to come here and see for yourself, I am not sure where they get there stats from, but they don't seem to fall into line with reality...

Old 08-13-2007, 08:36 PM

245 posts, read 267,670 times
with the new Mallard Creek highschool opening I think the N. Meck schools will finally be given a true chance to shine. I/m sure 2 days was long enough to give the place a chance!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM

43 posts, read 228,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKNArea View Post
with the new Mallard Creek highschool opening I think the N. Meck schools will finally be given a true chance to shine. I/m sure 2 days was long enough to give the place a chance!
You have no idea, and I am speaking for the Middle school not the High school..
N.C. has way too many issues with there school system, seems they would rather pump the money into sports and not so much into education...Schools in Meck are way over crowded, and the teachers I spoke with seem to have no more than a high school education themselves...He to each his own, but not for my children...

Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 PM

the original poster chris4cu was not asking about schoools and your views of them but of neighborhoods in the cities listed above stick to topic please

Sunnykayak

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte