Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,752 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any banks that offer checking accounts and offer the accounts without a monthly service fee for that account. I'm looking to switch due to the huge amounts of fees that my bank charges.

If anyone out there is a sales person send me a PM and will contact you if you can help me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 PM

825 posts, read 2,820,346 times
I think most banks waive the service fees if certain conditions are met such as a minimum balance or direct deposit.

Check out Bank of America, Wachovia, First Charter, BB&T, Credit Unions...to name a few.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
If you work for the state or relative of someone who does you can get an account with North carolina employees credit union and actually earn interest on your checking instead of fees. They also get a higher yield on other accounts and offer lower interest on car and home loans than a commercial bank.
The minimum to keep in the accounts is small I think like 25 bucks for most and no hidden fees.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:38 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Does anyone know of any banks that offer checking accounts and offer the accounts without a monthly service fee for that account. I'm looking to switch due to the huge amounts of fees that my bank charges.

If anyone out there is a sales person send me a PM and will contact you if you can help me.
I had a $5/month fee and recently my BB&T representative saw that on my account and switched me to another type of account that has no fee. Look into BB&T. And to my knowledge, there is no monthly minimum either.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
If you work for the state or relative of someone who does you can get an account with North carolina employees credit union and actually earn interest on your checking instead of fees. They also get a higher yield on other accounts and offer lower interest on car and home loans than a commercial bank.
The minimum to keep in the accounts is small I think like 25 bucks for most and no hidden fees.
You can join Truliant Federal Credit Union as long as you live, work, or worship in Meck. Co (they are awesome). You can joing Charlotte Metro Credit Union as long as you live, work, or worship in Meck, Iredell, or Union (I think). Once you own part of a CU, you will never go back to a bank.

Checking - Truliant Federal Credit Union

Truliant Federal Credit Union

Last edited by groove1; 07-14-2007 at 09:40 AM..

Old 07-14-2007, 09:38 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
First Charter has free checking with no minimum balance required.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:55 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
Bank of America is who I bank with and the account that I have has no fees. The free online banking is awesome.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:31 PM

298 posts, read 565,432 times
If you have military affiliation USAA can't be beat. Interest bearing, no charge for check protection (and if it is used there is still no charge) they pay for your ATM charges, on and on.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:46 PM

48 posts, read 315,937 times
While everyone likes to have bank in the neighborhood, there are a lot of banks on the internet that offer free cking, higher interest etc ... the only drawback is deposits (unless direct deposit) have to be mailed.

I have found that many banks will neg that too -

Keep in mind if you have several accounts and there is a minimum, the accounts can be linked so their total equal the minimum .

Old 07-14-2007, 08:25 PM

235 posts, read 730,299 times
We just opened an account with Wachovia the checking is free no fees, no minimum to keep in it. They were very nice when we went into open our account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: