Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 09:41 AM

569 posts, read 1,411,892 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

I'm interested in getting some opinions on the area of Belmont and Villa Heights. This would be Belmont 28205 not Belmont/Gastonia area. The DW and I are considering looking over in these areas although if I bought in Belmont it would have to be closer to the Thomas st area and NOT on the other side of Hawthorne/Pegram. I know I can look on the crime maps but I wanted to get some others perpectives or real life experiences. If anyone has any feedback or happens to live in/near these areas please share your thoughts. Good, bad or even ugly. Thanks to any who would like to share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 10:45 AM

257 posts, read 670,373 times
I have some friends in that area and it seems like it is hit or miss. The recession sort of hurt the rapid gentrification. The prices are going up so you would think it would be a good area but supposedly there are a lot of rentals in these neighborhoods. Some may get pushed out b/c the real estate taxes probably went up a lot (rents will go up). From what I understand, Villa Heights is nicer than Belmont. They have a great HOA with a website. If you do it, I would try to stay as close to the Plaza Midwood side.

One positive is that the blue line should go through here.

If you balk on this area maybe you can try Country Club Heights.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM

569 posts, read 1,411,892 times
Thanks Hokie,

I did a search and found the villa heights site. If there are any others feel free to put in your 2 cents.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,834,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
Hello Folks,

I'm interested in getting some opinions on the area of Belmont and Villa Heights. This would be Belmont 28205 not Belmont/Gastonia area. The DW and I are considering looking over in these areas although if I bought in Belmont it would have to be closer to the Thomas st area and NOT on the other side of Hawthorne/Pegram. I know I can look on the crime maps but I wanted to get some others perpectives or real life experiences. If anyone has any feedback or happens to live in/near these areas please share your thoughts. Good, bad or even ugly. Thanks to any who would like to share!
Well...it's better now than it has been in 20 years. BUT, I would still not feel comfortable in either neighborhood, sorry.

Thomas St. has really regentrified nicely and I know it's very popular with a certain demographic. But being that it is on the very edge of Plaza Midwood right at Belmont it just does not appeal to me. I would never leave Chantilly or Elizabeth for it, that's for sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte