Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
and this is what I found FINALLY

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55

I forgot what nice weather feels like!! Enjoy the outdoors this weekend!

Another painful summer is drawing to a close...after 3 more 90 degree days this week...
Now, we weren't full time residents here last summer until the beginning of July, but i do remember the long string of 90+ weather, and I have to say that this summer was far far better than last. Plenty of nice hot summer days, but not an overwhelming amount, and overall, I loved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Now, we weren't full time residents here last summer until the beginning of July, but i do remember the long string of 90+ weather, and I have to say that this summer was far far better than last. Plenty of nice hot summer days, but not an overwhelming amount, and overall, I loved it.
It was hotter this year than last year ...by the stats...

Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
63 for a high Friday....... 26 degree difference from the 89 forecast for Thursday....

I dont get the concept nobody goes outside when its colder...I dont see anybody outside ALL summer..its now when temps start to slide that people start going out. Lets face it, if you are not going to sit in a pool why would you want to be outside in 90 degrees?
JP, as usual, different strokes for different folks.

I think its very odd the weather that you like, but that's just me. I don't knock it, I respect you feel that way.

I'm glad that you will be in a place that will make you feel better...

Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
JP, as usual, different strokes for different folks.

I think its very odd the weather that you like, but that's just me. I don't knock it, I respect you feel that way.

I'm glad that you will be in a place that will make you feel better...
Why is it odd? I dont get that.. I am not alone in this thinking by a LONGSHOT. People here better like it hot. I go to Buffalo and the people up there laugh at me for dealing with this heat. When I remind them of how cold their winters are they mostly shrug and say they would rather have that and nice summers than nice winters and abysmal heat 5 months a year. Point is they BETTER like the cold..same with people here and heat.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,322,505 times
Quote:
Why is it odd? I dont get that.. I am not alone in this thinking by a LONGSHOT. People here better like it hot. I go to Buffalo and the people up there laugh at me for dealing with this heat. When I remind them of how cold their winters are they mostly shrug and say they would rather have that and nice summers than nice winters and abysmal heat 5 months a year. Point is they BETTER like the cold..same with people here and heat.
The heat is only bad for 1-2 months but then you just adjust what you do on a daily basis.

I plan on riding my bicycle around this weekend while I am not watching Soccer and USC football. Luckily, the soccer match that I want to watch is over around noon on Saturday and the football game that I will be watching doesn't start until 8pm on Saturday.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
The heat is only bad for 1-2 months but then you just adjust what you do on a daily basis.

I plan on riding my bicycle around this weekend while I am not watching Soccer and USC football. Luckily, the soccer match that I want to watch is over around noon on Saturday and the football game that I will be watching doesn't start until 8pm on Saturday.
Yea..I just dont see it that way..I see about 5 months of bad. Like Coupon J says to each his own.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:11 PM

487 posts, read 748,808 times
I live outside of Chicago, and am seriously looking at relocating to the Charlotte area because of the longer stretch of warm weather. Generally speaking, is your 90+ stretch of weather on a daily basis longer than 2-3 months?

I don't mind heat a bit. It's the 5 months of winter that beats the life out of me.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
I live outside of Chicago, and am seriously looking at relocating to the Charlotte area because of the longer stretch of warm weather. Generally speaking, is your 90+ stretch of weather on a daily basis longer than 2-3 months?

I don't mind heat a bit. It's the 5 months of winter that beats the life out of me.
90 plus can stretch from April to October however, only July and August really have long stretches (more than 3 days in a row) of 90 plus. Average high temp span for the summer months 1st number beginning of the month, second number end of the month

April 69-76
May 76-83
June 83-88
July 88-91
Aug 91-86
Sept 86-78
Oct 78-69

I suspect you may be a candidate for Florida as we still get winter here.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM

748 posts, read 1,771,789 times
I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach on Saturday. I hope it doesn't suck!

Old 09-13-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach on Saturday. I hope it doesn't suck!
Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77.

At least it wont be hot on the beach...

Oh and surf will be quite rough over the weekend..use caution in the water

Last edited by jp03; 09-13-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte