Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 PM

17 posts, read 54,433 times

Advertisements

I totally agree with you Ms. Stacy that we should defintiely build a strong network and that will make all of our moves to Charlotte easier. I am praying that I can be in Charlotte by October 2008. I plan on looking for a job starting in May and once I have an offer my house here will go on the market. Private messages can be used to communicate with people in this web thread as well as posting general messages.

I wish you well in your relocation plans and keep in touch. I will more than likely post some info on this thread after I return from my first visit to Charlotte in March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 03:26 PM

11 posts, read 71,636 times
Hi everyone,
I am planning on moving to Charlotte from Wilson, NC in late February, early March and I am so excited! I will pursue my passion which is cake decorating. I am going to get a job in a bakery (I have two interviews this month). I will be living with family until I can find a place. I have a Masters in Business Administration and will use the knowledge and skills to pursue entrepreneurial business ventures. I am looking forward to joining this network and meeting you all.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,731 times
FYI, there are some links and articles in the thread below that some of you newer posters may not have seen and may find of interest...

BET.com Ranks Charlotte as 'Best City' for Black Families

Old 01-22-2008, 08:54 AM

23 posts, read 86,395 times
Default Happy New Year!

Oh my goodness - I haven't logged in for a while and have missed all the awesome updates! I definitely want to join the Charlotte Christmas 2008 Party!! I am an AA 34 year old single female and mother of 1 daughter (11 years old) and I currently live in Tampa, FL. I am so excited about the move and I can't wait to get there. I've been sending my resumes out and have gotten numerous replies - which is a blessing - but I may have posted it too soon. I work in the A/E/C marketing industry and it seems to be booming there. Unfortunatly selling a house in Florida at the moment has proved to be a challenge. I plan to move as soon as I can sell my house. I've listed with BuyOwner but I am just not getting the response I had hoped for. Nevertheless, I am still optimistic and can't wait to meet all of you. Have a blessed day and feel free to private message me! I have researched housing, schools and some activities if anyone is interested. I'll send my info to the e-mail that was supplied previously.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 13,789 times
34 yr old AA Male here......Looks like there are a lot of folks trying to get to Charlotte That's good.....it's nice to see a healthy influx of positive educated bros & sis moving to the area. I relocated to Charlotte from Mitchellville, MD a little over a year ago and I'm glad I made the move! Moderator cut: tos violation
Ed

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-22-2008 at 09:12 AM..

Old 04-02-2008, 01:23 PM

17 posts, read 54,433 times
I was finally able to make my first visit to Charlotte last week and I absolutely love it! I can definitely see me living there. I have been corresponding with a wonderful realtor in Charlotte via the internet and she took my cousin and I through Charlotte, Huntersville and Concord and we were able to get a great idea of what life is like in the area. We also saw some lovely homes that were in our price range. We also did some sightseeing downtown in Charlotte's business district, the South Park area, Dillworth and in Huntersville. We covered so much in our 5 days there. I am so excited about moving there. Charlotte was much more than I expected.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseisthe1 View Post
I was finally able to make my first visit to Charlotte last week and I absolutely love it! I can definitely see me living there. I have been corresponding with a wonderful realtor in Charlotte via the internet and she took my cousin and I through Charlotte, Huntersville and Concord and we were able to get a great idea of what life is like in the area. We also saw some lovely homes that were in our price range. We also did some sightseeing downtown in Charlotte's business district, the South Park area, Dillworth and in Huntersville. We covered so much in our 5 days there. I am so excited about moving there. Charlotte was much more than I expected.
I am glad you liked it. When you get here let us know and let us know of any question you have and hopefully someone will answer it.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:16 PM

252 posts, read 879,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseisthe1 View Post
I am a 30 something single, professional African American female who is considering moving to the Charlotte Metro Area and wanted some advice as to the best areas to live in. I currently live in suburban Maryland outside of Baltimore. I will be purchasing a home and prefer the suburbs and was told Huntersville, Concord, Matthews were good areas to live in but I want to make sure that I will meet other single African Americans, especially professional men and not have such a hectic commute to work in Charlotte or for socializing in Charlotte. I would appreciate any guidance that you can provide.
There are many black professional meet up groups in charlotte. Check there and you will get plenty of feedback on the apt as well as the social scene

Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 PM

19 posts, read 61,880 times
Hi everyone,

It has been quite a while since I logged in. I am pride to say that I will officially be a Charlotte resident by the end of the month (June). I can't believe it is here. I am leaving tomorrow to procure a place to live. Remember, you already have one engagement for the holiday.

Teresa

Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa2you View Post
Hi everyone,

It has been quite a while since I logged in. I am pride to say that I will officially be a Charlotte resident by the end of the month (June). I can't believe it is here. I am leaving tomorrow to procure a place to live. Remember, you already have one engagement for the holiday.

Teresa

I hope you have a safe trip

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte