Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,187 times

Advertisements

I would love to gather additioanl information like many of you, I will be relocating to Charlotte,from Los Angeles, June 08. It has been great to read many of your comments as I feel like I am not alone. It has been amazing to see so many people moving to Cahrlotte. As a 38 year single AA woman, I have many of the same concerns mentioned. I look forward to communicationg with you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 03:45 PM

19 posts, read 61,880 times
Hi eveeryone,

jloveFLA

. I can't wait until Christmas '08. WE are going have one great party to celebrate our new beginings.

Teresa

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-30-2007 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: member request

Old 10-29-2007, 07:50 PM

Hi and thanks,

If you would go back and read our email, that is what we did.

Thank you

Old 10-30-2007, 02:58 AM

118 posts, read 444,816 times
Hi Everyone looking to relocate,

I wish you all the best of luck on your move. I live in Charlotte, NC and love it. If there is anything I can help you guys with let me know. Hairdressers, or anything else. I'll be glad to share whatever information I have. I'm a single AA 29 lived here for oh 6 years this past may. Moved from Brooklyn, NY and loved it. It was hard at first, a lot to get used to, but well worth it to me.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 PM

206 posts, read 514,603 times
Hi everyone!

I was in Charlotte 3 days ago for a 1 day women's conference (my fourth visit). It was awesome and gave me an opportunity to network with hundreds of women from NC. I currently live in Westchester county, a New York suburb and I am divorced with a 13 yr. old son. I have an MBA and run a small business. I plan to relocate in June '08. I will be looking in the South Charlotte area, maybe Ballantyne for a single family house. Huntersville is my second choice. I am looking for business opportunities in Charlotte but I will be communting back to NY after I relocate as I transition my current business.

I strongly urge you to visit a few times and network with the movers and shakers in Charlotte before you move. If you will be looking for a job, please get a solid offer before you relocate as the job market is getting tighter and tighter with the influx of highly educated and skilled transplants.

If anyone wants to send me a private message, please send it to frwright@yahoo.com.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,200 times
I just moved here about a month ago, after visiting the city several times. I fell in love with the area. It is really inexpesive to live here. Really think about it now and make that move.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:51 AM

43 posts, read 125,201 times
Default Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and Happy New Year! What does this mean, well to some it means lots of resolutions’ along with a long list of things to stop doing, start doing, do less of or more of, but really, what does it mean for us? Well it means that we are closer to making our moves to North Carolina, and starting over. It means a great deal to me personally, and I am filled with the joy that this New Year has brought with it. It is my hope that each of you will have a prosperous and blessed new year, with all of your hopes and dreaming becoming a reality for you. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old 01-01-2008, 02:23 PM

17 posts, read 54,433 times
I just wanted to touch base with those of you who initially responded to my post here and wanted to share information about relocating to Charlotte. Happy New Year to you all and I just wnated to know if anyone has made progress in their search and/or relocation to Charlotte. I am definitely going to visit in mid-March and would love to have some suggestions about where to look for a place to live if any of you have gotten that far.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:50 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

This is our year. As we make preparations to relocate to Charlotte, please keep in contact and share any great hints or advise. Don't forget there is a party scheduled for December 08 to celebrate our new beginnings.

Take care,

Teresa June 08

Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM

22 posts, read 56,409 times
Happy New Year to everyone!!!

We are that much closer to our moves and our perspective times will be here in no time. I would very much like to stay in touch with everyone who decided to respond to this thread. Especially all the sistahs. We need to make sure we network with each other so when we do move we will already have a good sense of who everyone is and Charlotte will be that less foreign and strange. My target date is still August 08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte