Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 02:35 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,424,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
You're kidding me, right?!

I'm irritated by people who don't use their turn signals - like a lot of people (although driving slowly in the passing lane is more frustrating), but I have absolutely no idea how you translate any of that into being a bad Christian.

Unless they added another commandment I'm not aware of - you're not describing:
  1. Murder
  2. Idolitry
  3. Adultry
  4. Coveting
  5. Stealing
  6. Lying
  7. Worshiping other gods
  8. Using Lord's name in vain
  9. Dishonoring your parents
  10. Dishonoring the sabbath

Jesus said the second commandment is similar to the first. First love God, then love your neighbor as yourself so I can see where that would apply. There are other sins in the Bible not mentioned in the 10 Commandments such as the seven deadly sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 PM

620 posts, read 2,118,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
I'll let you do that. I follow far enough behind them that it doesn't really bother me whether they use them or not. Telling someone else what to do is not something I do a lot. There was one person on this board so out of line that I fear that person will kill someone unless they change the way they drive, so I made an exception.
Ok, well thanks for assuming that I tailgate? I use my turn signal everytime I turn or change lanes. What if I am waiting to turn right, and you are turning left, but you don't use your turn signal? It is there for a reason - to alert other drivers what you plan to do. It is common courtesy, especially when changing lanes, and the law to use your turn signal.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:46 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,118,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
You're kidding me, right?!

I'm irritated by people who don't use their turn signals - like a lot of people (although driving slowly in the passing lane is more frustrating), but I have absolutely no idea how you translate any of that into being a bad Christian.

Unless they added another commandment I'm not aware of - you're not describing:
  1. Murder
  2. Idolitry
  3. Adultry
  4. Coveting
  5. Stealing
  6. Lying
  7. Worshiping other gods
  8. Using Lord's name in vain
  9. Dishonoring your parents
  10. Dishonoring the sabbath

No. I'm not kidding. A true Christian won't break any laws. Speeding and not signaling are breaking the law. Plus, it's not Christian-like to to be rude and ignorant of others but when they drive like how I described, they are being rude and ignorant. So on Sundays, they are at church and being all nice and greeting their fellow congregants. But once they are in their cars, that Christian attitude is gone.

Ok, I'm kind of kidding, but there is a bit of hypocrisy there.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:59 PM

20 posts, read 44,265 times
The absolute worst thing that irks me about Charlotte driving is the people who continue to drive in a lane that's ending, until the very last possible second, then start merging with no turn signal. Despite the fact that there are LANE ENDS signs all over the place. You know who you are, and you should be beaten with a sock full of doorknobs.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
3 way stops if you dont see a stop sign or yield dont stop or slow down.
go
and any body who behind you goes .
Then the first to the right rule is played.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM

20 posts, read 44,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
3 way stops if you dont see a stop sign or yield dont stop or slow down.
go
and any body who behind you goes .
Then the first to the right rule is played.
4 way stops here are like Pandora's Box to motorists. People that get there first typically go last out of confusion, the second person to the stop could be me who is nearly sideswiped by the third person to the stop, doing a tap-the-brakes-n'-go routine. The last guy coming up to the stop usually has the right idea. He just ignores all pleasantries and instances of sanity, hurling through the stop without hesitation or slowing down, cutting right through all the bs.

Also, green light = driver has no inclination of moving, instead looking around bewildered at this strange place he finds himself in; red light = driver speeds up

Old 11-28-2007, 05:33 PM

31 posts, read 102,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suture up your future View Post
The absolute worst thing that irks me about Charlotte driving is the people who continue to drive in a lane that's ending, until the very last possible second, then start merging with no turn signal. Despite the fact that there are LANE ENDS signs all over the place. You know who you are, and you should be beaten with a sock full of doorknobs.
YES.

Or, when there is a traffic jam, and some jackass comes driving up the shoulder to get to the exit.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,494,606 times
Here's another one. Driving on a four lane road, two lanes in each direction (e.g. Tyvola Road/Fairview Road). I'm minding my business in the right lane, actually going over the speed limit by about 5 mph, and getting tailgaited! I guess I can understand if someone is eventually going to turn right onto a side street or into a parking lot, but more often than not, they're just riding my bumper for miles on end. This especially irks me when there's NOBODY in the left lane, and they can go around me. Happens every day on my way to/from work.

Whew! I feel better now.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:39 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suture up your future View Post
What in the world? It's called merging, try it.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 AM

125 posts, read 376,162 times
Happened Yesterday-go to gas station-pay ~$70 to fill up-another$7 for Car wash (restrictions-can't do at home) and then going down Johnston get hit with a cloud of dirt/leaves/debris from Lawn Maintenance blowing across Highway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte