Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 07:26 AM

27 posts, read 44,634 times

Advertisements

I am certainly going to jump on the YES, VACCINATE side of this. There are so many reasons (age, medications, genetic conditions, where they are in their vaccination schedule, etc...) some children and adults don't have a strong enough immune system to fight whatever a non-vaccinated child might be carrying around and some of those things could very easily kill them. *I* believe it is a social responsibility for the sake of public health. Would you not feel terrible if your child exposed another child to something that ended up making them severely ill when you refused the readily available precaution to protect them? Or if your child ended up contracting it? We ARE seeing resurgences with so much international travel, immigration and people not getting vaccinated.

I'm sure if you search hard enough you'll find a physician that won't MANDATE vaccination in order to treat your child but I wish you luck with school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 07:36 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrm View Post
Are there any others in here who oppose the mandatory vaccination schedule imposed on our children by the AAP and state legislature? I know that there are medical and religious exemptions, but how does one find health care for their child when all of the pediatricians force their vaccination beliefs on you. Most of the pediatricians in Charlotte that we have interviewed say that they will not see us if we don't submit to their vaccine schedule. I don't want my child to go without health care, there are just certain vaccines that we oppose, for various reasons, and we don't want to submit to them. For example, chicken pox... why in the world do we need a chicken pox vaccine? All children grew up with chicken pox, and it is a proven fact that having it makes your immune system stronger. I don't want to start a flame war about vaccines, and if you believe differently about them, then I fully support your right to choose to vaccinate your children with chemicals made from aborted fetuses, and that contain heavy metal toxins and cancer causing viruses, but we don't. Any information from others who may feel the same would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, vaccination is not something that can be left to individual choice. Epidemiology just doesn't work that way.

The notion that vaccinations are dangerous has been thoroughly debunked. Of course, that hasn't convinced true believers that vaccinations aren't dangerous. Nothing ever would.

The sad irony here is that because widespread vaccination campaigns of decades past have all but eliminated many childhood diseases, many otherwise smart, reasonable people have been lulled into a false sense of security. The seem to think the absence of widespread pandemics is somehow "natural." But it isn't natural. It is the result of of massive, systematic public health interventions.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:44 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainPaisley View Post
Hmmm......do I want to have my child and myself temporarily inconvenienced because of chicken pox or do I want to condemn my child to a life of reoccurring shingles (7-8 times a year) or worse- autism hell. I agree with you on one thing, being enlightened is truly freeing. Once you learn the truth about vaccines and the damage they ravage on the human immune system you never want to go back to living in the darkness of trusting the almighty big brother government to keep me healthy.
I recommend that you pack your bags and move to a country where there are no vaccines required or used by the population. Let us know how this works out for you. Real "enlightenment" sometimes reveals itself reluctantly, but I'm guessing it won't be an issue for you if you do this.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:24 AM

39 posts, read 117,594 times
Schools only require that you sign a waiver. They try to scare you into believing you can't go to school without them. My kids had all the vaccinations recommended through either age 3 or age 6. They have already had more vaccines in that short time then I ever had my whole life. We are currently dealing with all the damage those lovely vaccines did to my kids. That is the price we pay for herd immunity? Ridiculous. More and more doctors and medical professionals are waking up to the reality that something has gone terribly wrong with our immune systems as their own children and relatives are dealing with the ravages of severe life long health issues like autism, life threatening allergies, asthma, ADD, celiac, mitochondrial disorders, mood disorders etc........ Will the government be there for these children that grow into adults that need life long care? Don't count on it. That is a bigger drain on society than a week's worth of chicken pox.
And no, I will not pack my bags and move to another country. I am taking personal responsibility for my health and my family's health. I do not live in a herd. I am not an animal.I do NOT depend on the government to be my doctor. There are millions that think as I do. Call it a new age of enlightenment. We are your neighbors and that will not cease just because you want it to.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:
...... More and more doctors and medical professionals are waking up to the reality that something has gone terribly wrong with our immune systems as their own children and relatives are dealing with the ravages of severe life long health issues like autism, life threatening allergies, asthma, ADD, celiac, mitochondrial disorders, mood disorders etc........ ....
IMO, 95% of this is related to poor diet (too much fat, sugar, refined carbs, processed foods and not enough vegetables, cooking from base ingredients, etc) no exercise, and little physical activity. Adults and kids are way too fat these days and this has been proven, time and time again, to cause all sorts of health problems.

It's got nothing to do with protecting yourself from deadly disease.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,024,837 times
I would suspect that the more adamant on this subject are likely touched by autism in some way... If your kid (or someone close to you) is on the spectrum, there's more than enough vaccine blame going around on the internet. But, their objectivity has been compromised and it's something to blame. Now don't get me wrong, the combo vaccines using heavy metals to separate them was something that concerned me when my kids were very little. But the overall science supports vaccines long term.

That all said, I'm firmly with frew on the diet side of the big picture. I believe we have much bigger issues with what we feed our children. Our food supplies are a problem... a big one... livestock steroids... food processing... GMOs... As parents we should be taking up that fight instead of putting kids in direct danger by no longer requiring vaccines against diseases that can and will maim or kill them.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM

We can definitely agree on the diet issue. GMO's are taking over our food supply. Antibiotics are everywhere:soil, water, meats.....Anti depressants have seeped into our soil and water. Now they are pushing the "green energy" lightbulbs full of mercury. These end up in our homes, in our bodies and in our soil and water. I am not anti vaccines. I am anti being forced. I think there is some good science behind some of them. I also think there is bad science. There are good pubmed articles on this but most people just want to read what they hear and see from the CDC. That feels way more comforting. No parent wants to ever admit that they actively participated in harming their child. It is a sickening feeling.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,036,575 times
Quote:
Schools only require that you sign a waiver. They try to scare you into believing you can't go to school without them. ...................
I don't believe any public schools around here will allow your children to attend on a parental waiver?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
I don't believe any public schools around here will allow your children to attend on a parental waiver?
There are medical and religious exemptions.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:53 PM

177 posts, read 447,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
IMO, 95% of this is related to poor diet (too much fat, sugar, refined carbs, processed foods and not enough vegetables, cooking from base ingredients, etc) no exercise, and little physical activity. Adults and kids are way too fat these days and this has been proven, time and time again, to cause all sorts of health problems.

It's got nothing to do with protecting yourself from deadly disease.

I totally agree. This "frankenfood" that the general public is eating is causing most health problems. The USDA and FDA allow eight common food additives that are banned in other developed countries. Most are linked to either depressed mood, hyperactivity, developmental delays, Alzheimers, and/or cancer. But, superpowers like Monsanto and manufacturing these ingredients as an answer to the US's request for lots of food that is cheap to produce and will last a long time in the fridge or pantry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte