Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,208,327 times

Advertisements

I had a car follow me for about a mile last week while I was driving down sardus at night. The car blinked his headlights, I wasnt sure why. Then I turned into a side street and the car continued to follow me and kept blinking his high beams, I got a glance at the car and didn't recognise it so nothing other than official blue police lights was gong to make me stop at this point. The car then stopped and turned around. Very weird. I didnt have a gun with me either. I did have a big sharp hunting knife though but I was not going to stop. It sorta scared me because Im just an older guy minding my own business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:09 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,217,117 times
I suggest getting some dash cams like they use commonly in Russia.

Car Cameras

You really don't have much recourse in this situation, so I would let it go.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,599,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

Car Cameras

You really don't have much recourse in this situation, so I would let it go.

Watching Russian Dash cam videos can be a great way to wonder how it suddenly got dark out. I'm fairly confident 75% of the population is driving drunk at any given time.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:57 AM

468 posts, read 827,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

I was thinking the same thing.

One poster suggested slamming on the brakes and let them hit you.

Wrong-O

If the other person has a dash cam, you could be in more trouble for brake-checking someone and causing the wreck. Not worth the trouble and the hassle with police and insurance companies.

I'm thinking about getting one to put in my truck.

Never ceases to amaze me how some folks will wait to merger at the last minute and they always pick the truck to cut-off. The one vehicle that needs more stopping distance than a 4-wheeler. Just stupid!

One day I might not be able to stop in time I will plant that hood ornament up their butt. Might be good time to have a cam to show that I was not at fault.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,370,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I had a car follow me for about a mile last week while I was driving down sardus at night. The car blinked his headlights, I wasnt sure why. Then I turned into a side street and the car continued to follow me and kept blinking his high beams, I got a glance at the car and didn't recognise it so nothing other than official blue police lights was gong to make me stop at this point. The car then stopped and turned around. Very weird. I didnt have a gun with me either. I did have a big sharp hunting knife though but I was not going to stop. It sorta scared me because Im just an older guy minding my own business.

Did you check your lights? Maybe he was trying to save someone's life.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,599,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
Actually, they had fireworks in thier trunk. Lots of them

Old 07-30-2013, 02:16 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,875,306 times
Thanks to everyone for the responses.....I appreciate it. I read a story about a girl that was being chased by the police on I-77 and she just stopped in the left lane and caused a 4 car accident. Secretly I was hoping it was the same person because I don't want to believe that there were TWO grossly asinine idiots out on the roads on the same day!

Couple more things. Unfortunately the road we were on is totally residential. I actually kept looking for somewhere to pull into like a gas station, shopping center, etc. but there was nothing. And I wasn't going to lead her into a residential area, especially with the possibility of kids around. I was hoping when we finally got on the 4 lane and I slowed down that she would just barrel around me and go on her way, but no such luck. She was really determined to wreck us one way or another. What she didn't count on was the skills that I developed by having to drive in so many different areas and cities for business.

I just don't know what was in her head, other than revenge for a non-existent perceived "problem". She had a fairly new Honda Accord and my small SUV is not even 3 years old. Why would anyone want to actually try and purposefully get their car damaged....I just don't understand that. Although it would have served her right to be hit with tickets and insurance costs, I love my car and I really wasn't willing to loose the use of it or even totally lose it, plus I already have back and neck problems that I am dealing with.....which is why I was on my way to the docs.

I had to smile when several people mentioned the fact that she could have had a gun. Actually I have a concealed carry permit, but I rarely carry my weapon with me unless I am going somewhere where I have concerns. Maybe I should start carrying it with me more often!

Anyway, I talked to someone about it and they advised that it wouldn't do any good to report it because there were no witnesses therefore no charges could be filed. I guess I will just have to let it go and hope that I don't ever see her again. Thanks to everyone again.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,208,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
Yes my lights etc were working fine. As far as saving someones life there were dozens of other cars around but for some reason he was focused on me. Only thing I can think of is they must know someone with a car identical to mine and did not get a good look at me to see it was not someone they really knew.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:39 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,972,565 times
Unfortunately there are a lot of people like that all over both counties. The ones that are currently on my **** list are the trucks that think they can drive down the center of two lane roads.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 PM

398 posts, read 985,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Unfortunately there are a lot of people like that all over both counties. The ones that are currently on my **** list are the trucks that think they can drive down the center of two lane roads.
Not just trucks, but tons of cars too. Specially in morning commute traffic near downtown.

Made the mistake of sounding horn at a pretty brand new white Lexus on 3rd street a few days back - the car was driving in middle of the right most and the next-to-right-most land for the length between 2 traffic lights. Car moved to right most lane, only to slow down, point and mouth some abuses... was a female. Over the next 2 lights, including a right turn onto college street, she kept attempting to cut me off and where possible, point and mouth more curses. By then I reached my parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte