Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 02:00 PM

136 posts, read 181,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONYMETS View Post
I guess it's up to the individual to make a change in life. I'm trying. But some are just to proud or stupid to change. Thought working together to make things better was suppose to be the end result?? All I see is lots of pointing fingers and blame this one and that one. Nothing solved just a lot of bitterness and hate towards one another. Neighborhoods become separated and looked down upon. I admit I said things I regret and I made it right and apologized to who I had to. This has just gotten way out of hand now. I'm sure someone will capitalize on this to. Maybe bumper stickers next saying I hate this neighborhood or that neighborhood. I'm sure everyone has something they don't like about this situation. But seems like union county was the place to be and people were great and now it's everyone for themselves and seems like every neighborhood will have a black mark on them for something. Seems like segregation still exists but with neighborhoods and schools now. Width I had an answer but I don't.
Don't worry. I stay too long in the echo-chamber that Waxhaw has become and I start to think the same thing. Decorum must have broken down and everyone's lost their senses.
There is a big county out there. When spend time in Wingate or Unionville or Roughedge I know that UC is still here and still fine. They don't know or care about WO vs. Millbridge vs. NTV - it's all a senseless spectacle. I sympathize about the slowed property inflation in those mushroom communities, I've lost my shirt in real estate before too - ( much worse than this though!) My concern is that this spectacle will have political consequences that will be nauseating to the whole county.
For those that are new to UC politics, it's a rude shock - though less corrupt than you might find in Chicago or even Charlotte. We are infested with inept board-level leaders and plagued by perpetual chaos. Look to see who is promoting this chaos and fanning the flames for political gain. Real estate developers once held that position, but now we have Waxhaw HOA demagogues filling their void. A piece at the center of this puzzle, one I'm just now starting to see, is found in our UC GOP leadership. Something is really wrong when a member of our own party leadership is so deeply involved in this type of destructive behavior. I'm not sure what we gained from turning Waxhaw into the epicenter of hate and envy, but we will all see what kind of politics comes out and suffer the chaos for years to come.
I think a line was crossed, the party leadership needs some spring cleaning.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:16 PM

46 posts, read 68,686 times
After seeing that story last night it made me so determined to keep those 3 out that I went and worked the polls today.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:14 PM

124 posts, read 161,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspy View Post
After seeing that story last night it made me so determined to keep those 3 out that I went and worked the polls today.
I really don't get it, that woman said nothing different than what has been said all along by all of those protesting the redistricting, I mean wasn't the Croal report all an effort to question the BOE's numbers, how they computed (ie Forumlas) who to move and to where in an effort to prove the BOE formulas were wrong. The article said it was part of a stream, unless they show the whole stream to prove that there was indeed some "blackmail" going on I'll just think it was nothing more than a desperation ploy to win votes for the block of 3. Collin's response was very generic I thought and gave no hint whatsoever that he was being "blackmailed" over some error in formulas. He certainly wasn't responding as a man scared that something was going to get out to the public. Some of these people are just vile in the stuff they are saying, proposing she deserves a good ole fashioned whiplashing, needs to be run out of town on a rail, calling her their new best frienemy, stating that her house value should go down and someone should see to it that it does, that people should spread the word about her. What the heck happened to a civilized society?

One other humorous note, the scribe makes a post about contributions before and after the election and one supporter replies to the post that ALL loans should be repaid BEFORE the election from their donations and fund raising activities. Funny thing, she doesn't even know that 2 out of the 3 that she's supporting made loans to their own campaigns (ie PAC) (like the much maligned Clint Laster who made a loan to his campaign) and as of 4/28 when their financials were published had not paid their loans back either. They could be paid back now for all I know but I just found the double standard humorous especially since they gave Clint down the road for making a loan to his campaign.

http://www.co.union.nc.us/Portals/0/...s/WCMADPAC.pdf

Old 05-06-2014, 03:30 PM

46 posts, read 68,686 times
They are full of double standards. They went after Clint for his lack of voting record, but Lance Simpson had the same.

Agree with you on the PAC. What's the difference between loans from developers, etc. and loans from a PAC? Special interest is special interest. We Can Make A Difference (village idiot) funded all "3" and CAPS.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:40 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Did I hear correctly on the news last night that results from the lawsuit discovery process are being given to the news now?

Old 05-06-2014, 03:55 PM

124 posts, read 161,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Did I hear correctly on the news last night that results from the lawsuit discovery process are being given to the news now?
Yep.

Parents say "side-deal" in UCPS redistricting - myfoxcarolinas.com

Old 05-06-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTaxPayer View Post
Hmm. I admit my knowledge of court proceedings isn't great, but I'd think the court would take a very dim view of that. i.e. Private emails delivered from court sanctioned discovery are to be used only for trial purposes and not used to push an agenda on local TV. (or anything else) Oh boy.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 PM

136 posts, read 181,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. I admit my knowledge of court proceedings isn't great, but I'd think the court would take a very dim view of that. i.e. Private emails delivered from court sanctioned discovery are to be used only for trial purposes and not used to push an agenda on local TV. (or anything else) Oh boy.
I know Mike will love that admission . Correspondence with state reps and higher are typically privileged - no exemptions for local BOEs. One could argue that this egregious misuse of discovery is 'abuse of process' - still a reach. I'm sure that all good will from the judge is now gone.

- better ask Bubba, he'd know.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxhawdoc View Post
I know Mike will love that admission......
I'll gladly admit it. I've never made any claims here that I can't support. You should try it some time.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 PM

149 posts, read 535,843 times
The site was screwy...its up to about 60% precincts reported now, 8.56% ballots cast.. Simpson, Simpson and Kueler. It's bee going back and forth for 3rd for a while now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte