Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:05 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,728,204 times

Advertisements

Go for the experience. If you have to pinch pennies, stay home. No one is making you eat or drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 PM

834 posts, read 1,016,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Go for the experience. If you have to pinch pennies, stay home. No one is making you eat or drink.
100% agree. Nobody owes anyone anything. These are the regulation applied to me no matter the circumstances, so this is "fair".

Old 04-17-2014, 07:45 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,463,666 times
It's a good time, wholesome entertainment for the entire family for a pretty decent price considering location, product (AAA) and how new the digs are. I personally just love watching baseball, regardless of the level, so going to an Intimidators game is a lot of fun for me too and it's very cheap, IMO. I'll definitely take in some Knights games this year however, mostly because of the great, new stadium with spectacular views, plus it's AAA and an easy drive from Mooresville.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I agree. The market will decide how expensive the "full" experience (hotdog/coke, etc) should be. If attendance ever slacks off, they'll probably lower their prices to get more people in. If you don't like the current cost, vote with your wallet and find something else to do.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 AM

751 posts, read 934,488 times
What are the standing room only tickets like? Seats are sold out for a while, and I'm not sure I'd pay that much for a family of 4 anyways. Is there a place to spread out in the standing room only?...I saw someone mentioned laying a blanket out.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:23 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,136 times
SRO tickets are $8. I bought 3 for tonight; with the service charge it was $28.50. There is a "bar rail" that runs around the stadium, where you can set food and drinks. There is a grassy knoll that overlooks centerfield, where I've seen many people with blankets. The one problem there, is that on fireworks nights they'll make you clear out a few innings before the fireworks start- perhaps top of the 7th? Regardless, you can still go back under the cover. Generally the SRO doesn't seem too crowded.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:23 PM

247 posts, read 378,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloante74 View Post
Yeah but your watching the Yankees. Not some minor league team.

Food and beer should be cheap. That's sorta the whole point of farm leagues...
No it isn't. The point of minor leagues is to develop future talent and rehab current talent.

The tickets are priced to give you access to the event, and they are reasonable. The food and beer is based on free economy, and are comparable to the old prices as well as prices for other sports venue in the city.

Don't get me wrong, I think the prices are WAY too high, but you've got a captive audience who most likely will not say no. I on the other hand say no almost all the time. Took my son to opening day after waiting in line for tickets for almost 3 hours when they went on sale, but still said no when he "needed" a mini-helmet filled with soft serve. I did however buy a program and shared in the great pictures of the stadium being built. We stayed for every pitch. stayed for the fireworks, and we made a great memory that we can share. My tickets cost $8 each and the program was $5. Parking was free (found a spot on the street).

Where else could I have spent $21 and had that much entertainment? Minor league sports - especially at their highest level like the Knights and the Checkers are a good value IMHO, We will be back many times this summer for sure...

Old 04-18-2014, 01:33 PM

247 posts, read 378,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
SRO tickets are $8. I bought 3 for tonight; with the service charge it was $28.50. There is a "bar rail" that runs around the stadium, where you can set food and drinks. There is a grassy knoll that overlooks centerfield, where I've seen many people with blankets. The one problem there, is that on fireworks nights they'll make you clear out a few innings before the fireworks start- perhaps top of the 7th? Regardless, you can still go back under the cover. Generally the SRO doesn't seem too crowded.
The only part I did not like about opening day was having to leave our seats for the fireworks. They need to figure out a better system, especially before the 4th of July.

The opener went so long (12 innings) that there were a bunch of empty seats to move to, but not so sure that will be the case for the 4th since that traditionally is a big seller too.

We did SRO on Sunday and we loved it. My little man had his 1st game , we watched a bit from the 1st base side, a bit from the 3rd base side, and laughed as my kids fell/rolled down the hill. All three of them got to run the bases, including the little guy (which allowed me to run the bases too, LOL) and then we played in Bearden Park for about an hour before going home.

My wife isn't a huge sports fan - but she literally said it was one of the best days she has had as a family.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 PM

834 posts, read 1,016,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I agree. The market will decide how expensive the "full" experience (hotdog/coke, etc) should be. If attendance ever slacks off, they'll probably lower their prices to get more people in. If you don't like the current cost, vote with your wallet and find something else to do.
It has.. It is

FYI that's called a "Free Market Economy" and works about as well for pricing event product sales as it does for everything else it's applied to..

Plus, the marginalized demographics are still paying for the experience through taxes in this case..

Old 04-19-2014, 10:42 AM

348 posts, read 846,635 times
I was at the Regel Cinema movie theater at Stonecrest a few weekends ago and they charged me $4.75 for a bottle of water (and it was the small average bottle, not the gigantic bottle). But I was thirsty so I paid it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte