Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:09 PM

23 posts, read 37,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
If you want things exactly the way they were where you are coming from, then why move in the first place?

My wife likes BBQ from one place. Jesus could open up a pit, and she would put it down in comparison with her favorite.

I ask her all the time, "Is the food good?" and the answer is "Yes," so I say, then don't call it BBQ and compare, call it BOBALOU and think of it as a new food, but it is a GOOD new food.

Just don't get it!

I don't want things to be exactly like SD because I know I will never get it. Living in SD and have the BEST weather and having everything at my fingertips is wonderful..kind of made me spoiled.But I am open to living in a place that has more to offer for my family and i know change is good sometimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Is your entire family in SoCal and is your DH's entire family there? Charlotte is a long way from home for you. If you are looking for less expensive, there are closer options for you.

We moved from Los Angeles. It was a really hard adjustment, and truth be told, if it were still up to me, I would move back. BUT, Dh and the kids love it here, so we will be staying. It isn't all bad at all, I just feel more at home on the West Coast.

Charlotte has things to offer, particularly if you enjoy being with friends. People are very friendly here. Sometimes it is sincere, sometimes it isn't. But you will most likely miss the close proximity of a beach to go to. The weather isn't nearly as good and there are bugs. Lots and lots of bugs.

The other reason is because my husband's brother lives in NC. But you are right, there's other options but I would rather move to NC where i know we have family. It's a big move so I'm looking forward to visiting.

You live in LA? Have you been to Roscos Chicken and Waffles? I know it won't be as good as NC but it might be close to it.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_panther View Post
What are the differences between San Diego Mexican food and Charlotte Mexican food?

I've never had MX food from Charlotte but I've had MX food in Arizona and Chicago and its just not the same..the meat and how they cook it and the salsa...no one knows how to make carne asada fries other than San Diego taco shops. Go to Yelp.com and search Super Sergios in San Diego and check out the pics its DELISH!!!!

Old 08-05-2014, 12:27 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCali View Post
OMG!!!!! A PLACE THAT MAKES CARNE ASADA FRIES OTHER THAN SD!!! Thats freakin amazing!!!! I"m saving this address
Yes and they are amazing. I go at least once a week to show my cali support lol and yes I notice that a lot of people here don't yelp as much. To me it makes it easier to go out in Charlotte and find it for yourself. Ive found a lot of hole in the wall places with great food. (Owner is from California)

Old 08-05-2014, 12:36 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCali View Post
I don't want things to be exactly like SD because I know I will never get it. Living in SD and have the BEST weather and having everything at my fingertips is wonderful..kind of made me spoiled.But I am open to living in a place that has more to offer for my family and i know change is good sometimes
Well come to think of it Charlotte isn't too spread out as some people say. Most of Mecklenburg county to me is pretty close from what I seen. Now driving from the south side to IKEA is kinda far from me but I like the drive. hell coming from LA I still would have to drive to certain places so it doesn't bother me, and Charlotte is building high density like crazy. Most of the people that complain about Charlotte being spread out are mostly the ones coming in from the burbs.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 AM

56 posts, read 79,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Well come to think of it Charlotte isn't too spread out as some people say. Most of Mecklenburg county to me is pretty close from what I seen. Now driving from the south side to IKEA is kinda far from me but I like the drive. hell coming from LA I still would have to drive to certain places so it doesn't bother me, and Charlotte is building high density like crazy. Most of the people that complain about Charlotte being spread out are mostly the ones coming in from the burbs.
Well came from east Ft. Lauderdale and lived in 5 mile bubble. Had mostly everything I needed. Shopping rest, beach. Really no center like that here in Charlotte, so yeah for me and where I come from its spread out. And IKEA is a hike but like your said its an easy drive especially on the weekends.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,752 times
I have never heard of anybody leaving Charlotte ASAP outside of relocating for another job opportunity. Most people want to get their family and friends to relocate to the area once they live in Charlotte and see how much it has to offer. You are correct that housing prices will be less. Nightlife in the city has been revitalized but the Uptown area is still missing retail shopping. You will find many great restaurants in Charlotte...probably not the same Mexican you are use to in San Diego but Cantina Fifteen Eleven is delicious!

Old 08-05-2014, 09:28 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstimetomuskup View Post
Well came from east Ft. Lauderdale and lived in 5 mile bubble. Had mostly everything I needed. Shopping rest, beach. Really no center like that here in Charlotte, so yeah for me and where I come from its spread out. And IKEA is a hike but like your said its an easy drive especially on the weekends.
I can get everything I need in a 5 mile bubble...

Old 08-05-2014, 10:41 AM

56 posts, read 79,519 times
Where?, great sophisticated night life, great restaurants (not chains), shopping grocery and retail, day activities, schools. Let me know cause Ill put my house on the market tomorrow.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:17 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstimetomuskup View Post
Where?, great sophisticated night life, great restaurants (not chains), shopping grocery and retail, day activities, schools. Let me know cause Ill put my house on the market tomorrow.
I live on the outskirts of Cotswold. Cotswold was too expensive for our budget so we bought a house right next to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte