Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 07:00 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
yep.. anytime Rodgers, Brady, etc runs for a first down or TD they celebrate.
I do think it's time to move on from the Superman and first-down poses. However, those who don't like Cam never have or will, even if he was as straight-laced as a catholic priest (oh, my bad). Then they'd toss in the typical subliminal comments such as "there's something about that guy I just don't like"....lol, wonder what that could be. Be real about it, people chose and pick their level of tolerance for cockiness (some might call it confidence if the guy plays for their team) and absolutely no tolerance for cocky Black athletes, period.

QB position sure is easier when an offense is multi-dimensional (i.e., a running game).

Old 12-07-2014, 07:11 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
Brady has "earned" that right....you have never seen Brady do it when his team was 3-8 or he was down 24 pts in a game (probably because he has never been in either position much in his career)
So I guess Brady has "earned" the right to cry to the refs whenever a call doesn't go his way too?

Old 12-07-2014, 07:13 PM

136 posts, read 106,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I do think it's time to move on from the Superman and first-down poses. However, those who don't like Cam never have or will, even if he was as straight-laced as a catholic priest (oh, my bad). Then they'd toss in the typical subliminal comments such as "there's something about that guy I just don't like"....lol, wonder what that could be. Be real about it, people chose and pick their level of tolerance for cockiness (some might call it confidence if the guy plays for their team) and absolutely no tolerance for cocky Black athletes, period.

QB position sure is easier when an offense is multi-dimensional (i.e., a running game).
Oh please, spare us the passive aggressive subliminal racist BS....i dont like him because he is NOT accurate, he cant read a defense, he showboats and pouts....questionable leadership (started with the Giant game when he was down 24 points, scores a TD and does his pose)....Rodgers does his SB belt pose real quick. Cam gets into the endzone and has this whole drawn out routine of doing his pose....Saints defender rightfully has an issue with that, do that crap at home, not on the road....all of that has absolutely nothing to do with his race. Now Aristotle, if you want to get into a race discussion about the QB position, we can have at that. Besides Warren Moon, we are still waiting for the next great AA QB....we can discuss that all you want. Concerning Cam Newton, please put away your deck of race cards, my criticism is about his game and attitude, not his race

Last edited by Plutark Evansby; 12-07-2014 at 07:31 PM..

Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So I guess Brady has "earned" the right to cry to the refs whenever a call doesn't go his way too?
3 rings, 2 league mvps, 2 sb mvps and first ballot HOF'er, being considered an alltime great gets you more whine time than Cam Newton, yea it does

Last edited by Plutark Evansby; 12-07-2014 at 07:30 PM..

Old 12-07-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

tell me what great RB's did Tom Brady ever have? How about Rodgers when he won his SB and MVP....what great RB has P Manning ever had? I will make an argument that in his short time, Newton has had better RB's than Brady ever had

Last edited by Plutark Evansby; 12-07-2014 at 07:31 PM..

Old 12-07-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
3 rings, 2 league mvps, 2 sb mvps and first ballot HOF'er, being considered an alltime great gets you more whine time than Cam Newton, yea it does
Okay, just wanted to double check to make sure you were in fact being hypocritical.

Quote:
tell me what great RB's did Tom Brady ever have? How about Rodgers when he won his SB and MVP....what great RB has P Manning ever had? I will make an argument that in his short time, Newton has had better RB's than Brady ever had
Why is there no middle ground? Just because Newton isn't as good as Manning, Rodgers or Brady doesn't mean he stinks.

Besides, maybe not great but those guys have had some good RB's over the years. Edgerrin James, Corey Dillon, Antowain Smith, Ryan Grant to name a few. Dillon, a 7-time 1000-yard rusher who had 1635 yards and 12 TD's when the Pats won the SB in 2004 proves your last point wrong. No offense to Steve Smith but those guys have also probably had better receivers - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski, Wes Welker, etc. Before Moss/Welker came along you could probably argue Brady's receivers were worse but that's about it.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Okay, just wanted to double check to make sure you were in fact being hypocritical.

Why is there no middle ground? Just because Newton isn't as good as Manning, Rodgers or Brady doesn't mean he stinks.

Besides, maybe not great but those guys have had some good RB's over the years. Edgerrin James, Corey Dillon, Antowain Smith, Ryan Grant to name a few. Dillon, a 7-time 1000-yard rusher who had 1635 yards and 12 TD's when the Pats won the SB in 2004 proves your last point wrong. No offense to Steve Smith but those guys have also probably had better receivers - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski, Wes Welker, etc. Before Moss/Welker came along you could probably argue Brady's receivers were worse but that's about it.
Phils, this whole conversation is ridiculous a this point....P Manning and Brady are alltime GREATS. Newton is an average QB. So talking about Newton in the same sentence as either of those 2 is foolish. For Newtons first 3 years, he was protected by an Oline that was arguably top 5 in the league. Combine that with 2 good RB's, Steve Smith and Greg Olsen, and its not like he was left to deal with a team with no talent. I personally do not like the so called "hybrid" QB. Yes, Russell Wilson makes it work, but i have seen to many times it does not work. Mike Vick, Vince Young, Tim Tebow, RG3, Cam Newton, to name a few. How is Kaepernick doing? I much prefer the QB that looks to pass first, and only runs after going thru about 5 reads. Newton basically looks at his primary, if that isnt there, its tuck and run time. Be humble, you havent earned anything yet. Go out and win a few titles, then you can be cocky

Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 PM

and Phils, seriously....you consider Corey Dillion, Antwoine Smith and Ryan Grant "great" RB's? lol, really?

Wes Welker didnt become really good until he got to NE. Miami basically traded him to NE for a kicking tee and a few footballs

Old 12-07-2014, 08:54 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,551,491 times
It's entertainment, and nothing more. It's about as much sport as the WWE. If you're not entertained, perhaps it's time to find something else to do with your Sunday afternoons.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
and Phils, seriously....you consider Corey Dillion, Antwoine Smith and Ryan Grant "great" RB's? lol, really?
No. Learn to read my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte