Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Nightlife
Huntersville/Lake Norman:
- Corkscrew, a wine bar, Birkdale Village. Live music on weekends.
- Mickey and Mooch, especially for the mid-30s and up crowd.
- Rusty Rudder
- Vinnie's
- Galloway Hooker irish pub
- N V Lounge
- Double Door
- Summit Coffeehouse in Davidson-- YES, they serve beer and wine and it turns into a funky little place at night.
- I've never been to the Tropicana, Big Al's or Saeeds, but they are little places where some people hang. They seem like holes in the wall to me, but I guess sometimes those are fun(?)

And, in my case, I drive 25 minutes to Uptown Charlotte for a TON of things to do.

Hope that helps--
kmway, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge of fun places to go!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
kmway, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge of fun places to go!!
Omgoodness... i am not far fr being in the mid thirties.... I have only been clubbing 2x....LOl and thats only becuase they made me do it i tell ya! They made me!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:27 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,954,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Nightlife
Huntersville/Lake Norman:
- Corkscrew, a wine bar, Birkdale Village. Live music on weekends.
- Mickey and Mooch, especially for the mid-30s and up crowd.
- Rusty Rudder
- Vinnie's
- Galloway Hooker irish pub
- N V Lounge
- Double Door
- Summit Coffeehouse in Davidson-- YES, they serve beer and wine and it turns into a funky little place at night.
- I've never been to the Tropicana, Big Al's or Saeeds, but they are little places where some people hang. They seem like holes in the wall to me, but I guess sometimes those are fun(?)

And, in my case, I drive 25 minutes to Uptown Charlotte for a TON of things to do.

Hope that helps--

Fox and the hound is fun too. I like Vinnie's and Rusty Rudder. The Corkscrew gets quit the crowd over there on the weekends.

Just a side note.......I'm sure Big Al is a nice guy but his pizza is horrendous we tossed it out.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:31 PM

16 posts, read 50,152 times
How is the Galloway Hooker Irish pub? How is the food and atmosphere? Do thy have good Irish Music? What about other Irish pubs / places in Charlotte? I went to Ireland and am now hooked (more) on all things Irish.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:55 PM

5 posts, read 13,344 times
I'd have to disagree though with wanting to raise my family here. Our kids love it here so far and we find the schools that they are attending to be superior to the schools that they attended in Massachusetts. We also love it and since we got into a new community we're finding that everyone is in the same position and very willing to be friendly.....

What schools in Mass are your comparing? We were talked out of Huntersville bec of the schools.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:24 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
How is the Galloway Hooker Irish pub? How is the food and atmosphere? Do thy have good Irish Music? What about other Irish pubs / places in Charlotte? I went to Ireland and am now hooked (more) on all things Irish.
RiRa in uptown is a great Irish pub. You even get to hear the accent since a few of their employees are from Ireland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte