Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 01:25 PM

631 posts, read 891,610 times

Advertisements

BTW, everyone keeps complaining about the BOE and BOCC. Do they even realize that of the current 14 reps (9 BOE and 4 BOCC) that only TWO were around back in 2006 when the last round of building took place? Rushing and Collins. If you want to stretch it, add in Dean Arp who moved from the BOE to NC Congress (he's been helpful, hasn't he?).

The current BOE consists of 5 brand new members and 3 that have only been around for 3 years. That'd be pre-Lenovo days for all the conspiracy theorists.

The BOCC has 1 brand new member and 2 in their 3rd year.

That's a LOT of turnover folks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 01:47 PM

161 posts, read 194,542 times
Collins bowed down to Stewart. Leslie does make faces, all the time. She needs to not allow Collins to talk to her like a child. Jason, always asking dumb questions. Bumbles and is studdering trying to look at his notes. The long short of it, this board is in serious trouble. They have no clue what they are doing and the McKibben report proved that. God help this county.

Bus Maintainance=fail
Redistricting=fail
CCEP=fail
EDUCATRX=FAIL
Mary Ellis and Mike Webb=FAIL x2

Old 12-06-2015, 03:03 PM

27 posts, read 34,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
Thinking Stony is an adult pretty much negates any other opinion stated. He's using people and they are just falling head over heals for it.

Leslie and Jason were on point - thanks for the leadership. Collins did a poor job of controlling Stewart. Stewart needs to cool it with his crazy rants. It's not effective. I'm glad Leslie was elected as she seems to have common sense and the ability to move things forward. Had Maher been there, he'd make Stewart look respectable. Meetings would last days.
You hit the nail on the head with this post. Stony is the real embarrassment, and from what I hear there is much more to come out on him. His new buddies are going to have a real awakening soon. I heard he will be the new Chair, and the other commissioners are soon going to regret that decision. God help our county is right.

And I agree with you about Maher. I can hardly stand to listen to him on the Planning Board.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:53 PM

113 posts, read 149,973 times
I voted for Stony and regret it. Poor move on my part.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMirror View Post
You hit the nail on the head with this post. Stony is the real embarrassment, and from what I hear there is much more to come out on him. His new buddies are going to have a real awakening soon. I heard he will be the new Chair, and the other commissioners are soon going to regret that decision. God help our county is right.

And I agree with you about Maher. I can hardly stand to listen to him on the Planning Board.
Your comments sound personal. It reminds of the posts I read on the "Positive Union County" Facebook group. Everybody has an ax to grind I guess, but some take things too far. There is a woman who's rantings are insane on that page. All she does is target people, especially Rushing and Maher. She just sounds so desperate to be relevant. It's sad really.

Didn't you recently ask me on another post why I was posting about a rumor I heard regarding redistricting, which I clearly identified as a rumor? Isn't this the same thing?

Meanwhile, the investigation by the SBI has determined their is a conflict of interest on the part of Dr. Ellis and company. She is still in her position and the BOE is doing nothing to address it. Shameful. But, let's not discuss the real issues, this is nothing but an attempt to distract from the real issues facing out county. And yes, God help our county.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd1 View Post
I voted for Stony and regret it. Poor move on my part.
Same here and I've heard from many the same thing. I was told the reason nobody is running against Frank and Richard this time is because people are waiting to run against Stony. Appears he has angered many.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
Your comments sound personal. It reminds of the posts I read on the "Positive Union County" Facebook group. Everybody has an ax to grind I guess, but some take things too far. There is a woman who's rantings are insane on that page. All she does is target people, especially Rushing and Maher. She just sounds so desperate to be relevant. It's sad really.

Didn't you recently ask me on another post why I was posting about a rumor I heard regarding redistricting, which I clearly identified as a rumor? Isn't this the same thing?

Meanwhile, the investigation by the SBI has determined their is a conflict of interest on the part of Dr. Ellis and company. She is still in her position and the BOE is doing nothing to address it. Shameful. But, let's not discuss the real issues, this is nothing but an attempt to distract from the real issues facing out county. And yes, God help our county.
With that response, I think I can narrow down who you are. There are some in FB drama land who have a really hard time not being accepted by the one they hate so much.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
With that response, I think I can narrow down who you are. There are some in FB drama land who have a really hard time not being accepted by the one they hate so much.
Exactly. She makes everything too personal. Stick to the issues, leave the personal attacks out of it. How embarrassing for the family.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
Exactly. She makes everything too personal. Stick to the issues, leave the personal attacks out of it. How embarrassing for the family.
Yes, I'm sure all of those involved in the investigation wish their families would not have to go through this, but there are consequences for bad choices.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure all of those involved in the investigation wish their families would not have to go through this, but there are consequences for bad choices.
I have no idea what investigation you are referring to, unless you mean the SBI investigation of Mary Ellis and Mike Webb. The BOE should have removed them from their positions pending the outcome of the investigation. It's outrageous these people still have jobs. This was a clear conflict of interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte