Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 11:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,183,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Why stop with the Ellis' LLC? Let's the have Sheriff investigate every investment, contract, LLC, moonlighting Britney Spears security detail cash deal, etc. of every public official, employee and board member, especially of those appointed, and their family members in the UC to see what was behind the curtain. Full transparency in the UC, right?
Except it looks like the NC SBI is going to do the investigation. Not that they're any better, but Roy Cooper is looking to make a statewide name for himself for 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 06:31 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,027,209 times
Quote:
I know it's been a while but some things never change especially with the Clowns and those behind CAPS...

Your anti-Maher slant is in overdrive. I mean I get the whole CAPS blast - they deserve it for the "reports" that were "published" leading up to the redistricting and the "lawsuit" that anyone capable of reading knew was a joke.

I agree this "smoking gun" is a false equivalent to Savage's shoplifting - eventual admission of and conviction of FRAUD. However, it is painfully obvious that there are serious questions with Ellis and Webb.

Using the low cost and ease of filing the paperwork to create the LLC as your main reason to dismiss this as nothing to see is laughable. I wouldn't care if it was free and only needed a handshake - this raises major ethics issues with EMPLOYEES of UCPS. We're not talking about elected officials we enjoy making fun of here... this isn't Stewart's grading company stuff.

It may end up swept under the rug, but your arguments for ignoring it are hollow.

Where is the 20 ADM? Let the McKibben sequel begin!

Old 11-11-2015, 07:44 AM

451 posts, read 712,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Where is the 20 ADM? Let the McKibben sequel begin!
Where's CMS's 20 ADM?

Dec 1.

I think most, if not all, are missing the bigger comments from last night's meeting and they had nothing to do with an LLC.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Lenovo is a good computer and so is Chromebook. Lenovo this year is producing out of Whissett, NC or Morrisville.
Laat week, I bought Acer Chromebook 15 and it super fast.
As long as nothing shady going it nothing new out of polictians, board members to further their gain from an employment they held or hold while doing their elected job.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Lenovo is a good computer and so is Chromebook. Lenovo this year is producing out of Whissett, NC or Morrisville.
Laat week, I bought Acer Chromebook 15 and it super fast.
As long as nothing shady going it nothing new out of polictians, board members to further their gain from an employment they held or hold while doing their elected job.
I would agree Sunny, but we're not talking about politicians or board members here - we are talking about employees of UCPS being paid by our tax dollars... and not just any employees, the TOP 2 employees of UCPS.

For that reason this is a very different situation as we are talking precedence for employees, not elected goofballs being paid gas money.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:21 PM

161 posts, read 194,730 times
And so it continues. Did anyone attend the meeting last night? I plan to watch it this weekend. I find the jabbering painful. But something is really looking dirty here and it keeps getting worse.

Keep hiding Dr. Mary Ellis, you are only harming your good name mam.

WBTV : Union Co. schools will investigate allegations surrounding superintendent

Old 11-11-2015, 01:53 PM

451 posts, read 712,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
And so it continues. Did anyone attend the meeting last night? I plan to watch it this weekend. I find the jabbering painful. But something is really looking dirty here and it keeps getting worse.
I actually watched it.

The story is not the LLC despite what you all may think. It's the CCEP, the Bond Issue, and if UCPS becomes a department of the UC BoCC.

If your snowflakes attend an older school, then that school is probably going to remain old. And if your snowflakes are in the SV cluster, then good luck. Because the BoCC doesn't see a problem with older schools and see's thousands of empty seats. Uncle Stoney thinks Marvin Elementary did just fine 1,246 kids back in the day and SVHS has 15 empty classrooms. There's no capacity issue at SVHS, it's an efficiency issue. Stoney is ok with trailers by the way.

Kool aid drinkers should give Sides a call and ask him about the chances of a new SV high school right now.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:24 PM

24 posts, read 84,504 times
Even if there is a story here, it has to be proven Ellis and team broke a written policy or employment contract to be considered an ethics violation.

The UCPS Code of Conduct states very clearly that employees are to avoid not only conflicts of interest but also the appearance of a conflict of interest. This has a distinct APPEARANCE of a conflict of interest. The ethics have been violated.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Where's CMS's 20 ADM?

Dec 1.

I think most, if not all, are missing the bigger comments from last night's meeting and they had nothing to do with an LLC.
Follow the money. Let's redistrict with the CCEP and jury award in mind to force a hand. If they call the bluff and go trailermania or redistrict again - either would energize the koolies. I don't see that as a plan that will go over well.

CMS is in the same boat. The short is answer is both ADMs will be ugly. I'm just looking forward to another year to see how well Webb did with that forecast the entire redistrict was based on.

The numbers have to come out.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:12 AM

830 posts, read 1,530,641 times
Quote:
Where's CMS's 20 ADM?

Dec 1.

CMS 20th day enrollment below. Published 10/29

http://www.cms.k12.nc.us/cmsdepartme...ing%202015.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte