Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 02:15 PM

501 posts, read 529,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Although topic for another the forum/thread, it's really just the onset of white fear once any number of Black people move into any neighborhood, especially en masse no matter their class, profession or level of success. Some fear the possibility of home devaluation, the fear of there kids interacting with "these" people or God forbid dating a person of another race. I don't know why people are so "PC" these days, most white people just don't wanna leave in neighborhoods that have a lot of Black folk. It isn't about safety because hypothetically speaking, if it were a mall full of Carlton & Hillary characters from the Fresh Prince, white people would still not want to frequent that mall.

I don't think North Lake will go the way of Eastland though, that area will continue to be diverse, a good thing.
I like diversity, but I like to chose the make up. In regards to your ridiculous posting, I steer away from neighborhoods that have blacks living there. I have experienced them as neighbors and it has never worked out except in the military when parent(s) are required to control their children. In my experience, they have been responsible for vandalizing the neighborhood ( I caught two), keeping everyone awake with their inconsiderate manners while playing music extremely loud while neighbors try to sleep, constantly breaking l HOA rules and blaming racism on write ups for their being written up, allowing their trash to accumulate while missing trash pick-up dates, causing fights at the bus stop when two or more of their buddies show up, and the list goes on. A very small girl from India had to stop riding the school bus as she was regularly harassed by them and the school took no steps to curtail the problem.

This is my personal opinion in response to your racist posting. My philosophy is that when a people can control their own, they then be welcomed by the masses. Up to this point, it just ain't happening. I don't like to go to the mall because I am disgusted when I see useless thugs of any race walking around with their pants sagging with no purpose other than shoplifting or causing trouble. But that is my view and you don't have to accept it or like it.

Your comment about blacks now being accepted in neighborhoods even if they are professional, successful, or education shows that you know absolutely nothing about intelligent whites. They are extremely accepting and welcome anyone that is descent. Maybe you should meet more smart people.

It isn't difficult for the reasonable, ordinary, prudent individual to comprehend that people stay away from malls because they are uncomfortable being around potential crime scenes. If you want to blame that on white racism, go ahead. If you would like, I can share some statistics to validate their desire to shop in better locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 02:22 PM

501 posts, read 529,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
You are right.

But this only applies to small percentage of whites...The attitude of most is "if it doesn't affect me, I don't care."

Most people don't have the time, or the inclination, to stew over what "xyz" is doing in such and such an area. Most people are too busy going to sporting events, concerts, having fun with friends and family, dining at restaurants, going to movies, working, boating...who has time to think about any of this? Why should anyone care?

The only time the majority of people show great attention to any aspect of societal life, is when they think that their well being is threatened.

As to Northlake itself, the higher crime areas around Northlake - as much as I know, and I could be wrong - are suburban (low density) at best. Are a couple of bad apples creating this much concern?
It was especially bad a few years ago before they made it mandatory for kids under 18 to be accompanied by an adult. I don't feel threatened anywhere I go as I do not possess the characteristics of one that is generally mugged or harassed. Nevertheless, I try not to go to such places after dark, not because I am afraid of what might happen to me, but what I would do to a person that threatens me.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:19 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Not to derail the thread, but where did the term, "white fear" come from. It seems in vogue, and it has been used in relation to Nortlake several times.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:58 PM

157 posts, read 157,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Not to derail the thread, but where did the term, "white fear" come from. It seems in vogue, and it has been used in relation to Nortlake several times.
A new term I have come across is "white fragility". It is used by blacks to describe what happens to their white friends when they have an "honest conversation" about race. For example, when BigAristole explained all about white fear, LassieLad was supposed to be defensive, hurt, confused and flustered....i.e devastated by the reality of his white privilege. Instead, LL danced a different tune and said no thank you to that plan.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:10 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,530 times
Wasn't it mostly unsupervised black youths who were throwing firecrackers into the crowd and causing panic during July 4th a few years ago? People develop fears based on things they hear about and see on the news.

I remember the threads on here... "That's it for me, no more 4th of July in uptown". You can call it irrational, but for some people they're willing to forego events and locations quickly, when their safety or family's safety is in question.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:13 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,069,694 times
No idea how these comments can be on topic and my pic be considered off.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:05 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
I like diversity, but I like to chose the make up. In regards to your ridiculous posting, I steer away from neighborhoods that have blacks living there. I have experienced them as neighbors and it has never worked out except in the military when parent(s) are required to control their children. In my experience, they have been responsible for vandalizing the neighborhood ( I caught two), keeping everyone awake with their inconsiderate manners while playing music extremely loud while neighbors try to sleep, constantly breaking l HOA rules and blaming racism on write ups for their being written up, allowing their trash to accumulate while missing trash pick-up dates, causing fights at the bus stop when two or more of their buddies show up, and the list goes on. A very small girl from India had to stop riding the school bus as she was regularly harassed by them and the school took no steps to curtail the problem.

This is my personal opinion in response to your racist posting. My philosophy is that when a people can control their own, they then be welcomed by the masses. Up to this point, it just ain't happening. I don't like to go to the mall because I am disgusted when I see useless thugs of any race walking around with their pants sagging with no purpose other than shoplifting or causing trouble. But that is my view and you don't have to accept it or like it.

Your comment about blacks now being accepted in neighborhoods even if they are professional, successful, or education shows that you know absolutely nothing about intelligent whites. They are extremely accepting and welcome anyone that is descent. Maybe you should meet more smart people.

It isn't difficult for the reasonable, ordinary, prudent individual to comprehend that people stay away from malls because they are uncomfortable being around potential crime scenes. If you want to blame that on white racism, go ahead. If you would like, I can share some statistics to validate their desire to shop in better locations.
Oh, I know White people, that's all I see and work with everyday, I even have White friends. Thanks for validating my point...doesn't matter you don't wanna live in neighborhood full of rich Black people..stop trying to dress it up, lol. Most White folk are just flat are unaccustomed to being around lots of Black folk, they can readily deal with a few here and there. But when it comes to a bunch of 'em regardless of their social economic level, it makes em nervous and uncomfortable. Although it is a pleasant sight when genuine White folk blend in...although rare.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:06 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
I've been to Northlake multiple times and haven't witnessed any of the violence mentioned in other posts. All I see is people eating and shopping and having a good time. Maybe I'm not going at the right hours to witness these happenings that folks are so concerned about. I generally go in the evenings to grab some dinner and head back to work.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:36 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,530 times
I'm sure that's tue. I used to stop at Eastland too before it closed, mainly to get something at the food court since I wasn't interested in all the athletic shoe stores. It was mostly families and individuals there - not roaming gangs of teens. It just takes a few troublemakers to create a "rep" about a place.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:33 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
On a positive note, after watching the thugs and hooligans uptown last night, Northlake may not be that bad after all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte