Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times

Advertisements

and for those who live on 1 of those 2 streets we arent trailer trash...my street in particular is actually nice.well kept with mowed lawns...and all developments and builders have their issues...Not only is it Toll but it is Orleans as well with law suits however it doesnt mean they dont build a nice house depending on the community...its not all bad...I happen to like Shea homes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 08:23 PM

79 posts, read 217,281 times
If your street is nice with well kept lawns then it was not the street/s I was speaking of.

With regards to Marvin Creek...the houses with the problems are those that were thrown up in a few months during the building craze. I can't say I know which builder is the worst. I know many people who have had a horrible time with the first houses built in that neighborhood. Didn't know shea built in Marvin Creek. Guess I missed that one.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM

well obviously my street gets lumped in with the other 2 since we are in that section...it never occured to me that there was a white trash section of HO and a Non White Trash section and coming from where we come from an affluent neighborhood this was news to me....shea doesnt build in Marvin Creek, but this thread is for Barrington which is a Shea Communtiy

Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 PM

79 posts, read 217,281 times
Actually, the 2 streets I am speaking of are in completely different areas of HO. One is in the "new" section, the other in the "old". I am certainly not lumping areas of the neighborhood as trailer trash, nor the people who live in them.

If you live near one of these streets I would think you would also be concerned about your own home value and agree they need to be reported and forced to clean up.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 PM

oh I call all of the time and so far its been working...people have cleaned up a bit...they just have to be more forceful with these people...

Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 AM

53 posts, read 153,984 times
Default Union County Homes for Sale

I have also been looking around the Union County area and what we are finding is that the developers are including a lot of features in the new homes now that were "upgrades" a few years ago such as granite, tile floors, hardwoods throughout the first floor, and higher quality carpet. As a result, by comparisson the homes that were purchased without these upgrades can appear dated.

We have seen some resales where the owners did a beautiful job with upgrading the home to include hardwood floors, granite and landscaping. Unfortunately we found that all of the owners of these homes are hoping to recoup their sunk costs. As a result the homes are priced very high compared to new construction.

Due to the conditions in the real estate market, the developers are very willing to cut their prices. I think what the original poster was trying to say is that you can get a lot more for your money with new construction right now. For the same price as many of the resales in Hunter Oaks we were able to find bigger and more upgraded new construction homes (in several of the new construction neighborhoods). Hunter Oaks is a great neighborhood but it just seems a little pricey right now compared to some of the other homes available.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:53 AM

You cant compare new construction to resale definitely not a fair comparision...Hunter Oaks is a very good value and I think some of the homes are market the people are nuts as they wont get what they are asking for in a market like this...also remember not everyone wants to go further into waxhaw where the houses are less expensive, obviously once that area is built up with more shopping etc its going to be the place to live im sure...as we came from a town like that in NJ...The fact that there are 2 shopping centers going by Somerset and Hunter Oaks that will definitely increase value to those who like to be able to walk to stores...and there are some people who dont want new construction, at the end of the day you still need to landscape, fence etc...there are some good deals to be had on both resale and new construction....its whatever fits the buyer's needs...let me also add, that for this area the prices here arent bad, u get what u pay for...it is alot more convienent to those working uptown, and its all about the location u will always pay more for it...

Old 09-22-2008, 06:53 AM

175 posts, read 546,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
obviously your disgrunteled and coming from alot of weath my friend in NJ, yes we lived affluently, and HO is far from a dump, and we choose NOT to spend a fortune on a home because we are smart people who enjoying living a certain kind of life....So considering you DONT live here how can you possibly pass judgement, If I spoke to 100 different parents Id getting 100 different answers...Next time pls give advice that you can actually speak of...obviously it isnt for everyone and not everyone will be happy, but your not giving correct advice to people and im sure my Doctor neighbors would be a bit affended by your comments...which is why they are living the good life with that being said there are drugs everywhere, do you think they dont exist in SC?? as you keep telling the poster to go over the border? so since you were so unhappy that is YOUR opinion, dont ruin it for people who do love living here and or already live here.and or are looking to buy here because..again its just your opinion...There are sub divisions I can think of worse than HO however I dont live in them and would never bash somewhere even if I WASNT happy...and HO goes to marvin ridge so what is your point? we have very wealthy people too that live here they just choose to live the way they do....sorry but your posts are extremely offensive...everyone is in entilted to their opinion however pls state the facts, and not what you think they are...Id love to hear from other HO residents...
WHAT?!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:13 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,426,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro2008 View Post
WHAT?!
too much berryjuice

“I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because uh some…people out there in our nation don’t have maps and uh I believe that are at education like such as in South Africa and the they Iraq everywhere like such as and.. I believe that they should uh our education over HERE! in the US should help the US or or…or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we would be able to build up our future for our children.”

Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
too much berryjuice

“I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because uh some…people out there in our nation don’t have maps and uh I believe that are at education like such as in South Africa and the they Iraq everywhere like such as and.. I believe that they should uh our education over HERE! in the US should help the US or or…or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we would be able to build up our future for our children.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte