Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:38 AM

18 posts, read 85,499 times

Advertisements

is it hard to get in at either Ace's or Immortal Images?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 05:04 AM

201 posts, read 804,048 times
So I did end up going to Fu's for my new tattoo over a week ago - and it is really beautiful. Tom did it completely free hand and it really turned out amazing.

I was a little surprised at how painful it was. I got it on my upper back between my shoulder blades, and from what they tell me now, this is one of the most painful places to get a tat.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:22 AM

1,559 posts, read 688,941 times
I have been to Tattoo Bills (on South Tryon by Westinghouse) a couple of times. On a Saturday it gets busy, so maybe they'll ask you to come back or wait. I have never had a problem and intend to go back in the fall.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 PM

201 posts, read 804,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie713 View Post
I have been to Tattoo Bills (on South Tryon by Westinghouse) a couple of times. On a Saturday it gets busy, so maybe they'll ask you to come back or wait. I have never had a problem and intend to go back in the fall.
I visited that shop, because it's so close to my house. They appear to have some really great artists, my only issue with them is that their booths had no privacy and they seemed really cramped together. I guess that might just be a matter of personal preference.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,665,576 times
There's a place in Cornelius across from the downtown Cashions. Never been there but just wanted to throw it out there.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM

45 posts, read 300,780 times
wow ...just wondering how big is the tattoo crowd in Charlotte? hey, any artists in Charlotte do tats with no outlines??? I watch a show on TV the other day and there is this tattoo artist who does all his big pieces with no outline and it was awesome, just like a real painting ....anyone does anything like that in Charlotte??? I'll definitely give him my business ..

Old 09-08-2008, 03:09 PM

54 posts, read 164,661 times
I used to own Ace Tattoos before selling it to Rodney...I'm back working part time at Body Art by Dave in Mathews (near 51 and Monroe Rd)...

Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-08-2008 at 04:25 PM..

Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM

769 posts, read 2,219,782 times
Default Ace is AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitfridayyet View Post
Any recommendations for a good tattoo shop that doesn't require an appointment? I want to be able to go in on my day off (Friday) and not spend the entire day or spend my whole paycheck...or worry about hepatitis...I have heard Ace Custom Tattoos is the best place in charlotte from a couple people...any suggestions?
My daughter is getting a rather large piece done there and the work is exceptional! However, expect at least a month to get in.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
MySpace.com - Mark Evans Tattoos - 35 - Male - MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - www.myspace.com/markevanstattoo

Mark can do free hand. however expect a long wait. Up to 5 months.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,193,931 times
Mark Evans @ AP in Mooresville is one of the greats around here, no doubt. Not for the impatient though. He used to work at Immortal Images, and there are a lot of good artists there too. Ace does great work from what I've seen.

Seems like most of the folks I know use those three studios almost exclusively.

I just want to reiterate how incredible Mark's work is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte